• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Brawlrus

Seven Nation Arm-y

I'm going to Lincoln City, far from this opera forevermore. I'm gonna pull some arms, make the sweat drip out of every pore.

And I'll pin 'em and I'll pin 'em right before the ref. All the strength is gonna flow through me, 'til I have none left.

The next four weeks is all about prepping for my upcoming tournament.

Goal 1: Hit band work 4x per week, specifically working on top rolls.

Goal 2: Wrist curls, wrist curls, wrist curls. I need that quick wrist action to get into the strong position.

Goal 3: Get registered for the U.S. Open VII.

I'm gonna fight 'em off, a seven nation army couldn't hold me back!

• Like 3

Got in a good pulling workout tonight. Feeling strong right handed, getting faster, too. I need to put in more work on my left, even if I'm not gonna compete. Symmetry is somewhat important to me, lest I look like a crab, with one arm bigger than the other.

I love your challenge theme. Symmetry could be fun later. Can you imagine beating some big talker with your left arm?

I can beat your average big talker with my left arm now. It just might not be in armwrestling.

How's the new job coming along? You fully transitioned, yet?

• Like 1

Haha, fair enough.

The new permanent job hasn't posted it's vacancy yet. The new park/phase of the current job started off rocky but they've decided to like me. A couple of the guys have even decided to start teaching me to weld, which is awesome.

I'm getting my last load of stuff from the old place right now. It's pretty much fridge stuff& my bike. Looking forward to a quiet weekend with no traveling next week!

Thanks. ☺

You get that registration in for the US Open yet? 

And I assume this is arm wrestling, Over the Top style? 

It is and no, I haven't. I'm still trying to get an answer about weigh ins.

All it says is "Friday 3/25/16 - 6 pm to 9 pm or Saturday 3/26/14 - 10 am to 12:00 am", So I don't know if it's both, or if the weigh in time is tentative. If it's Friday, I'm probably going to miss it.

• Like 1

It is and no, I haven't. I'm still trying to get an answer about weigh ins.

All it says is "Friday 3/25/16 - 6 pm to 9 pm or Saturday 3/26/14 - 10 am to 12:00 am", So I don't know if it's both, or if the weigh in time is tentative. If it's Friday, I'm probably going to miss it.

Surely they mean both. I'm crossing my fingers that it's both.

I certainly hope it's both. The person who wrote the post for it, didn't necessarily have a firm grasp on the English language, despite it being his native tongue.

Not knowing the weigh-ins and the lack of response for training partners is really discouraging.

I have a good price on a table made locally. I may come to a future camp and bring it with me. Do an armwrestling clinic and generate some interest in the sport. The team making my table is about 3-4 hours away, or I'd train with them, but at least with getting my table I can maybe find some local people who want to play around at least.

Looking more and more unlikely to make it, but on the plus side, I have found someone making tables that is fairly local and only charges about 1/3 the cost of other tables. Lincoln City may be a pipe dream now, but I know at least two other tournaments in my area this year.  Also looks like I may start boxing again, just to refresh the skills and accelerate the weightloss. Bouncing between 65-70 lbs. total lost, shooting for that 100 and to be sub 300 again.

Sweet! Good job finding a table for cheap. Hopefully it doesn't drop off the quality too much, or at all.

Also, sorry that the first tournament didn't pan out. At least you tried to make it. It doesn't sound like they did a lot to meet you part way on that. Not your fault, and in the meantime the additional training opportunities can only help you.

Is the boxing in a sparring gym or is it a fitness gym

Sweet! Good job finding a table for cheap. Hopefully it doesn't drop off the quality too much, or at all.

Also, sorry that the first tournament didn't pan out. At least you tried to make it. It doesn't sound like they did a lot to meet you part way on that. Not your fault, and in the meantime the additional training opportunities can only help you.

Is the boxing in a sparring gym or is it a fitness gym

Yeah, I can prepare a little better for the next one, which should be this summer.

The boxing gym is sparring. I personally wouldn't join a place where I didn't get punched. Since my blood pressure and blood sugars are all pretty much in check, I'm pretty much cleared to do as I wish, fitness wise.

Yay for finding a boxing gym!

Stinks that you're not having much luck on finding training partners. I think it's cool that you're getting your very own arm wrasslin' table. :)