ixaera guards the Celestial Temple~

freck

What? Another Star Trek theme?

But I have plenty to go, you see.

Morn+Spins.+Great+scene+from+Star+Trek+D

Mission 1: MACRO? POLO! (+2 STA, +1 CON)

Okay, we're gonna see what happens with the below:

Calories       Protein    Fat     Carbs

1500            105g        67g    120g

(I'm only putting fat/carb values in there for the sake of having them there, but only protein and calories count toward the mission. The fat & carbs can fall where they may, but I'm putting the data here for future use.)

Within 10% each week as an overall average is the scoring criteria. 15% is a B, all else F

tumblr_map9fsRQfi1qd98st.gif

Mission 2: Workout makeover! (+2 STR, +1 DEX)

I will be following this strength set:

4 sets of

chin ups (band assisted for working out, not assisted for fit test)

diamond push ups (possibly standard/military for some workouts, diamond for fit tests)

squats (workouts will be weighted one-legged or pistol progression, fit test will either be intermediate shrimps or if a miracle happens and I get a real pistol done, pistols)

weighted step ups (front & side, will not be in fit test)

weighted swings (not in fit test)

deadlifts (not in fit test)

Fit tests to be posted at beginning & end of challenge.

It will follow this schedule:

Monday: My choice yoga program. Specifically work plow pose, crow pose, camel, and tripod even if yoga choice does not include them. (Yes, I suck at plow, but it has come a long way!)

Tuesday: Strength set followed by my choice yoga video. Work at least tripod & crow even if video doesn't include them.

Wednesday: See Monday

Thursday: Strength set only.

Friday: Active rest (walking, active stretching, any non-butt-sitting)

Saturday: Strength set followed by my choice yoga video. Work at least tripod & crow even if video doesn't include them.

Sunday: Active rest (walking, active stretching, any non-butt-sitting)

Yes I'm taking a break from the bag, and after I look at these results I will be working on a plan to add it back in. (Maybe Thurs & Sun??)

Graded X/7, 6+ is A, 5 is B, all else F

Kira+the+Mirror+gif.gif

Mission 3: Water! (+1 CON, +1 STA)

Goal: 40 oz before 5 pm. Stop at 8 pm (except for the sip to take the pill). Drink a full glass following workouts.

6+ is A, 5 is B, 4 is C, all else F

tumblr_mgn7r64cqd1qags5yo3_250.gif?w=640

Mission 4: Moar writing! (+1 WIS, +1 CHA)

Goal 5x per week. Yes, I am bumping it up!

Starting stats & first fit test go here:

Diamond push-ups: 9

Intermediate shrimp squats: 10

Chin ups: 1(ish, leg kipped in the middle)

Weight: 105 lbs

Waist: 25"

Waist @ navel: 28.5"

Hips: 34.5"

Butt @ biggest point: 35.5"

R thigh: 20.25"

L thigh: 19.75"

R calf: 12.75"

L calf: 12.75"

R bicep: 10.25"

L bicep: 9.75"

Chest: 29"

Bust: 31.75"

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Whoop! Lets get this party started!

• Like 2

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Macro Polo made me giggle :3

LET'S GOOOOOO!!

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Macro Polo made me giggle :3

LET'S GOOOOOO!!

You know this thing of which she speaks, this macro polo, do you not?

• Like 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

My first adventure in trying to cook for 1500 calories happened today. I was all, hay, I can make chicken stroganoff. It will taste good and it's creamy and the pasta will help with evening workouts if eaten at dinner time! I will put cream cheese in there, because I have 200 more calories than usual to work with!

Annnnd it's still only 417 per serving (WITH the pasta). I was thinking it'd end up being more like 500-600.

That's okay, I'm the type who struggles to maintain a healthy weight, so I have no problem adding in delicious snacks! I went to the store and I am fully stocked on things like MEAT, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, hummus, nuts~

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Since I never really watched Star Trek the gifs are wildly without context to me, and absolutely fabulous for it :P

• Like 2

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

I GREW UP on Star Trek. My mom is a huge fan of the original, so when TNG came on in '87, she was STOKED. Really stoked. We watched it religiously every week, and every re-run that ever aired, too. I have an embarrassing amount of TNG knowledge lol

I never watched Deep Space Nine or Voyager while they were on the air (I went off to college around that time, and it was harder to get access to a tv at the right time, and no DVR in the dorms). But I watched Voyager later, and have recently gotten up on my DS9, too. Enterprise is... on the list. Not a big priority, though.

I liked Star Trek so much because it presents such an optimistic future for the human race. Shedding racism, poverty, basic illness, all in the name of science and exploration, YES, these are the humans I like.

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Week 1, Day 1

So soon, another week 1 day 1?!

Fit test & start stats will be added to post one.

Jadzia-Dax-Gifs-jadzia-dax-18331181-300-

Mission 1: MACRO POLO

Calories | Protein | Fat | Carbs

Intake: 1518 | 101g | 66g | 142g

Small disconnect between MFP reported cals & cals per gram of the above, but not a big one, so whatever.

tumblr_myxsodB0qx1s424vro1_r1_250.gif

Mission 2: Stick to the workout schedule

Today I did my small fit test & a 30 minute youtube yoga video (YogaTX total body stretch, it was nice and I liked it)

tumblr_lv20tuRqID1qj6sk2o1_250.gif

Mission 3: WATER POLO

Wow, skin of my teeth. Forgetfulness and habit are going to be my major enemy here. I got my 40 oz in literally by 4:55 pm, and my curfew I snuck past by 3 minutes.

tumblr_mta310oeOS1sh35mzo1_400.gif

Mission 4: Write moar

Inspired tonight! Wrote over the time limit, and happily. Up to 70 pages in my sad overdue nanowrimo novel. But someday. Maybe by next nanowrimo :tongue:

Other notes:

Food hit some snags today, for real. My chicken drumstick was somewhat undercooked, which icked me out enough that even when I heated it up better, I didn't want to eat it. That screwed up my protein plans, so I had a double serving of hummus, which didn't actually have that much protein in it anyway. :/ My yogurt (still have a bunch of 0%) icked me out too because it had sweated and I guess I was still icked a bit from the chicken maybe that any ick would do? I ate most of it, but it was unpleasant and I was sad. My dark chocolate treat tasted like drywall, and a coworker gave me a sour candy (I liked that). Fortunately, I came home to amazing stroganoff leftovers, and dessert fleshed it mostly back out (4g under, oh well). More ick occurred when I went to nab an apple from the fridge for my smoothie. I discovered a moldy onion, I died a little inside, then threw away everything within a quarter mile of it and disinfected the state of Texas

Lessons learned: maybe stick to boneless chicken. The drumstick ick has happened before, and it's dumb b/c my ancestors didn't have boneless chicken, but well, I will have to face that issue another time. NO MORE CHOBANI 0%, IT MAKES THE BABY JESUS CRY. Threw away the rest of it because I have decided it's less of a waste in the trash than it is in my belly. And I have one more dark chocolate brand on my list of nope. (PS, if you enjoy the super darks, like 80%+, my personal faves are Green & Black's 85% & Alter Eco Blackout)

I realized I only plotted 3 hard work out days, and the yoga today didn't feel like "enough"

Should I just get over that, or hunt down harder yoga?

Obviously trying for 4 full body days isn't going to work without alternating days, which I don't wanna do.

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Blah food ick sucks. Though having done survival training, there is a moment where you learn to scrape the gross away, cook the hell out of the food and eat what you can anyways. Not something I enjoy but I know I am capable of it.

#foodhorrorstories I have them, LOTS of them.

• Like 1

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

I realized I only plotted 3 hard work out days, and the yoga today didn't feel like "enough"

Should I just get over that, or hunt down harder yoga?

Obviously trying for 4 full body days isn't going to work without alternating days, which I don't wanna do.

UGH, sorry to hear about the food issues. Sounds like once it started, it just totally avalanched on you. I hope it goes much, much better for you today!

Do you feel anything from the yoga today, or did it really just not push you enough? If you feel like you aren't getting anything out of it, there's nothing wrong with seeking out something more challenging. It would stop you from getting bored which could definitely happen if you start feeling like it's a waste of your time!

• Like 2

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

I definitely got something out of the yoga. The stress relief kind always does wonders for mood and general well-being. I'm just used to feeling tired after doing cardio 6 days a week, and it was more energizing than anything, so it's weird. I'm not sure...

I forgot to comment on my pose practice, which I did do last night. I managed a couple seconds of camel (it burnnns my quads) and spent time stretching my back for it. Held a very quick tripod & also even crow (that was exciting), fell on my face once. Plow I sat in for a little while breathing, trying to get my feet lower. Good work, in all.

My lower back is sore today and I have no idea why

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Great first day~ Re: yoga, do you like the video? How do you feel the day after doing the video? If you aren't sore, stiff, or regretting using it for any other reason, then that may be an excellent candidate for an "active rest" activity, yes? 

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

I tend to agree for now. I think it's just the sudden switch in routines messing with my head, and I'm just going to stick it out and see the results. I might aim for a weekly average of 1500 though instead of a daily one. It might be a better thing to eat less on the active rest days and more on the strength days? I have no idea. Shower thoughts.

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

I have experimented recently with eating ~100 less calories and ~20-30 less carbs on active rest days, and it hasn't left me feeling fatigued or like death warmed over.  YMMV though.  I think I was eating too -many- carbs consistently over lifting & non-rest days and was getting a bit "bulky".. which is fine for winter and strength gains but.  Eh.  Can't hurt to try!! :)

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

I tend to agree for now. I think it's just the sudden switch in routines messing with my head, and I'm just going to stick it out and see the results. I might aim for a weekly average of 1500 though instead of a daily one. It might be a better thing to eat less on the active rest days and more on the strength days? I have no idea. Shower thoughts.

Easier and more forgiving. Unless you're pulling swings like 1400 - 3300 calories day to day, of course, it's just as effective as agonizing over the day's deeds.

• Like 2

Week 1, Day 2

1A1WzNLC1flra.gif

Mission 1: Macrosssss

Today: 1816 | 106g | 88g | 118g

Average: 1669 | 103.5g | 77g | 130g

High today because I am budgeting one beer for trivia :D :D :D :D BEER!

sjXBJECjMsWk.gif

Mission 2: Workout schedule

OMFG. I thought I was doing something like this on Saturdays already but I was so wrong. I am wrung out and threadbare.

I warmed up with some jumping jacks and stretches, then jumped right into 4 sets of this:

Pistol progression: 10 | 10 | 10 | 7

Weighted side step ups @ 17.5 lbs: 15 | 15 | 12 | 11

band-assisted chin ups: 9 | 7 | 7 | 6

standard push ups: 16 | 14 | 15 | 14

dumbbell swings @ 45 lbs: 12 | 12 | 10 | 10

kettlebell deadlifts @ 100 lbs: 8 | 8 | 6 | 6

I was flagging by set 2 it was so intense, but I pushed through cuz this is what it's all about, right? I'm expecting DOMS tomorrow because it's been a while. Or worse, Thursday D:

The pistol progression was pistols while holding onto a barstool on each side. So I was weight-assisted at the bottom, and balance-assisted. My form was awful on the swings, so I plan to lower the weight next time. Too much curved back going on.

I followed it up with 20 min of a yoga video (the last half of Jericho's Half & Half, specifically) and ... it was too much. I had to come out of basic warrior 2 a couple of times I was so tired. I tried to progress my plow and such, but there was just NOTHING left. I poured everything into my circuit.

O8MpxWQPpcSdO.gif

Mission 3: WATER!

I am not sure if after 9 pm beer counts as breaking curfew as there is water in it, but I'm going to go with no, because it's at a social event?

I got my 40 oz before 5 pm though. Again by the skin of my teeth as I was in a lot of meetings this afternoon and had a hard time refilling my water bottle in between.

giphy.gif

Mission 4: Writing

Not today, too tired, too much going on

Food victory:

I bought a cookie with my side salad (I failed to cook veggies for lunch and will again tomorrow, so), but when I plugged it into MFP (before eating it, thankfully) I noticed it broke my macros. I did not eat the cookie. It is still on my work desk as I type :D 

And yeah, I'm purposely going over on calories today so I can have a beer. It'll be my first since the booze hiatus. I'll be averaging it out on the rest days, though.

Other notes:

For not being cardio, my fitbit thinks I burned a ton of calories during that workout. My legs are so shaky...

Time to get dressed for trivia. BEER! I have pre-logged an Erdinger weissbeer. 

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

You almost killed yourself with your circuit? Good. Next time you'll be a little less dead, lol. 

• Like 2

D-E-D

ded

Doms have appeared this morning as predicted, NEARLY everywhere. Not really in my chest--but my quads are murdered, my butt is murdered, my back--upper AND lower--is murdered, shoulders murdered a little

Gonna tennis ball the quads and back during work today when I can, and a nice long yoga session when I get home. OOOOOF. 

Edit instead of double-posting, I had twoooo beers. (And also, I accidentally budgeted 17oz instead of 12 anyway, so, it's really not that awful anyway)

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

D-E-D

ded

Doms have appeared this morning as predicted, NEARLY everywhere. Not really in my chest--but my quads are murdered, my butt is murdered, my back--upper AND lower--is murdered, shoulders murdered a little

Gonna tennis ball the quads and back during work today when I can, and a nice long yoga session when I get home. OOOOOF. 

Edit instead of double-posting, I had twoooo beers. (And also, I accidentally budgeted 17oz instead of 12 anyway, so, it's really not that awful anyway)

If it makes you feel better, I changed my lifting program a bit and collecting my socks from the floor was a Hurculean task. Still sounds like a great first day to me, lol. 

• Like 3

Ahhh DOMS, mine are usually a full 24-40 hours after the murder happened. Makes Sundays really interesting after a hardcore leg day Friday......

• Like 1

I'm walking like a snail and standing from sitting is kind of awful, but this is one of my favorite parts of changing a routine. I know it'll go away probably after the second session but it's just such a "hay you really worked hard, didn't you" when it happens 

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Week 1, Day 2

OMFG. I thought I was doing something like this on Saturdays already but I was so wrong. I am wrung out and threadbare.

I warmed up with some jumping jacks and stretches, then jumped right into 4 sets of this:

Pistol progression: 10 | 10 | 10 | 7

Weighted side step ups @ 17.5 lbs: 15 | 15 | 12 | 11

band-assisted chin ups: 9 | 7 | 7 | 6

standard push ups: 16 | 14 | 15 | 14

dumbbell swings @ 45 lbs: 12 | 12 | 10 | 10

kettlebell deadlifts @ 100 lbs: 8 | 8 | 6 | 6

I was flagging by set 2 it was so intense, but I pushed through cuz this is what it's all about, right? I'm expecting DOMS tomorrow because it's been a while. Or worse, Thursday D:

The pistol progression was pistols while holding onto a barstool on each side. So I was weight-assisted at the bottom, and balance-assisted. My form was awful on the swings, so I plan to lower the weight next time. Too much curved back going on.

I followed it up with 20 min of a yoga video (the last half of Jericho's Half & Half, specifically) and ... it was too much. I had to come out of basic warrior 2 a couple of times I was so tired. I tried to progress my plow and such, but there was just NOTHING left. I poured everything into my circuit.

Food victory:

I bought a cookie with my side salad (I failed to cook veggies for lunch and will again tomorrow, so), but when I plugged it into MFP (before eating it, thankfully) I noticed it broke my macros. I did not eat the cookie. It is still on my work desk as I type :D

Love that progression.  That's enough to put the sore on ya!

Also love all the videos... and am impressed with your resolve, when it comes to those macros.  I might have eaten the cookie.  So, you are my hero.

• Like 1

Level 21 Wild Elf Ranger/Assassin

Spoiler

I'm not really sure these stats are relevant anymore...

STR: 31 DEX: 26 STA: 30  CON: 24  WIS: 30 CHA: 26

Current Challenge