On 3/17/2016 at 0:35 PM, spookyfoot said:

The house thing is moving really fast, we're already cleaning/going through rooms and it feels all too real.

In some ways the house thing is a chance to start over (really in a lot of ways) but it's hard to say goodbye. And it's hard to balance letting myself feel bad and not falling apart. But I'm trying. And that does count for something. The plan of attack: focus on the here and now, take the smallest steps possible in the moment and let them add up. Let whatever I get done be enough.

Wow, that's a huge life change that's coming up really fast. It sounds like it will be a good thing for your family overall, but at the same time, you're grieving a little over the loss of your childhood home. That's totally normal and expected... and certainly something that will take some time to process and come to grips with.

My own experience in losing my childhood home was kind of weird, because technically my parents still live in it. But when I went to college, they rented out the house and lived out of the country for a few years. When they came back, they got almost entirely new furniture, new carpets, new paint on the walls. My old room is used for something else now. Whenever I'm over there, it's a very surreal experience, because occasionally I'll see an old clock or something that was there when I was a kid, and it's like seeing a ghost peeking out through a stranger's face. For me, going to college ended up being a complete and definite end to my childhood, because I literally had no home to return to. I wonder if you're feeling a bit of the same? That you're leaving your childhood behind and facing something new and unknown?

Even though you're struggling with it now, I know that you are very strong. Take as long as you need to work through how you're feeling, but I know you will eventually come out the other side, stronger than ever. :) We're all here for you!

• Like 3

tumblr_lzsgl6z0qJ1rpa1bvo1_500.jpg

One day at a time!  You can do this!!!  Spooky is stronger than her struggles!!!

Just remember that this heaviness is temporary and while you have to slog through it now, brighter days are in your future, and you WILL feel good again. <3 <3 <3

• Like 5

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

22 hours ago, shaarawy said:

tumblr_lzsgl6z0qJ1rpa1bvo1_500.jpg

One day at a time!  You can do this!!!  Spooky is stronger than her struggles!!!

Just remember that this heaviness is temporary and while you have to slog through it now, brighter days are in your future, and you WILL feel good again. <3 <3 <3

I love that gif!

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Hey guys! Thought I'd try to start updating again in this last week of the challenge :)

We've been doing a lot of cleaning around the house, so that's been the main goal at the moment. I'd say I'm pretty steadily at 5 workouts a week, some weeks have been every day. And I do always feel better after exercise, it's really the most immediate form of depression relief I have at the moment. 

I'm already thinking about next challenge, mainly that I want it to be as simple as possible. Focus on the key changes or habits I can do to make my life better and more pleasant. I need to re-focus on meditation I think, it makes everything else better/easier. 

I think posting here every day will probably be a part of it too. I need to find a way to keep up with everyone's threads and not get overwhelmed (which is unfortunately easy at the moment because of all the other stuff going on in my life). But I do know that checking in with everyone and my own thread does help my happiness a lot. You guys always put me in a better mood <333. I'm trying to return to regular forum-ing so I should be around more :D

Thanks to all of you again for the sweet, wonderful, and supportive messages over the past couple of weeks. I read them every so often when I start feeling down again. 

That cat picture is of my cats btw, the white one is Cosmo, and the black one is the kitten, Alice. They are besties and it's SO CUTE. 

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST x12938102938120938 <3333

• Like 12

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

What is this you say? An Inspiration post???? :o

;)

The great Tao flows everywhere.
All things are born from it,
yet it doesn't create them.
It pours itself into its work,
yet it makes no claim.
It nourishes infinite worlds,
yet it doesn't hold on to them.
Since it is merged with all things
and hidden in their hearts,
it can be called humble.
Since all things vanish into it
and it alone endures,
it can be called great.
It isn't aware of its greatness;
thus it is truly great.

tumblr_o4dgt8YjOw1qew1bso1_400.jpg

• Like 10

Thought you would like that.

We-must-be-willing-to-let-go-of-the-life

• Like 5

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

13 minutes ago, maegs said:

:P 

HbEQ1Tb.jpg

This is so beautiful. 

• Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

[emoji14] 

HbEQ1Tb.jpg

Oh my gosh this is just what I needed on a painful grumpy morning. WOW!!!!

I won't lie, if I'm having a hard day I'll come to Spooky's thread because I know I'll be cheered up or motivated somehow. It never fails, because these nerds rule!!!

Sent from deep within the wilds of Gridania...

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

Hey guys, this one was sort of a bust due to all the ~life craziness~ but also just general apathy and depression.

This is okay. I can work with this. I Just need a plan. So I made my next challenge very very simple. I hope to see you there <333

• Like 6