PolishRifle: From the ashes

PolishRifle

So at the end of the last challenge I had the misfortune of losing my job and the stress of ensuring minimal disruption to my family.  I navigated the waters carefully and financially we'll be stable by saving money on childcare and decreasing some spending without living by candlelight with a transistor radio for entertainment.  We were already pretty minimal in our spending but we never really worried about shopping for the best deals to save a few bucks.  Now I have all the time in the world, or 26 weeks, to find out what the next step will be and start down a new path.  This challenge is going to help start this new journey while also utilizing my abundance of free time to take care of my body.

#1 - I will work out daily, Monday through Friday, while my daughter naps in the afternoon.  She is a good napper and sleeps for around 2 hours between 1 and 4 every day.  Thats perfect for me to eat a light lunch, workout, do some cleaning, and get a shower before she wakes up.

#2 - I will get more sleep.  I've been going on 5 or 6 hours a night for so long I don't even know what a full night's rest is.  For this challenge I'll be in bed between 10 and 11 every night and continue to wake up at 6am.  I don't want the lack of a job to get me in even worse sleep habits.

#3 - Continue to eat REAL foods.  With the ability to get to the farmer's market regularly, being a savvy shopper, and having plenty of time to cook, I want to continue to improve my diet.  The goal is to limit myself to no more than two processed foods a day.  I'm not full paleo, I still use dairy and occasionally some bread for a sub or sandwich, but I want to stick to fruits, veggies, and meat for the bulk of my diet

#4 - Life goal - By the end of these 4 weeks I want to have a good idea of what I want to do for a job in the future.  I've worked in hospitality for so long I really never explored other options.  I have a Master's degree so teaching at a college is an option, and I have years of managerial experience which can translate into any operations or manufacturing setting.

• Like 1

PolishRifle

Level 3 Jedi Knight

STR: 1 DEX: 1 STA: 5 CON: 4  WIS: 7 CHA: 5

"Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.  Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
Reduce Body weight from 230lbs to 180lbs (lose 50 lbs) Currently 214lbs

32%
32%

It does but it could also be a blessing in disguise, my wife and I were postponing a fight for when my company would ask me to relocate somewhere else in the country for career advancement.  Luckily I had a month of vacation time saved up when it happened and unemployment kicked in right away so money isn't too much of an issue.  The money I save on keeping my youngest home with me rather than paying a daycare is a huge help and its allowed me great "Dad" time.

• Like 1

PolishRifle

Level 3 Jedi Knight

"Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.  Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

32%
32%

#1 - I will work out daily, Monday through Friday, while my daughter naps in the afternoon.  She is a good napper and sleeps for around 2 hours between 1 and 4 every day.  Thats perfect for me to eat a light lunch, workout, do some cleaning, and get a shower before she wakes up.

Workout details!!!   Whatcha gonna be doing?  :)

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Been following the bodyweight brigade level 1 workout.  I plan on leveling up to level 2 at the end of the challenge.  For inverted rows I've been doing bent over rows with a resistance band since I don't have anywhere to do the inverted variant.  Eventually I'll have to figure out what to do for a pull up bar since I have no real door ways on the first floor or basement to put one in.

• Like 1

PolishRifle

Level 3 Jedi Knight

32%
32%