Flea vs Herself

fleaball

MOAR POLL  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How badass are you?

• SO BADASS OMG
    • very ass. much bad. wow.

This was going to be super epic respawn challenge tiem (and it might turn out to be, who knows) but my schedule is currently insane so we're gonna scale this shit back. And see if this setup makes it any better to create/build habits so I stop getting in my own way.

Week 1 goals: SURVIVE.

• Meditate every morning.
  • Finish 2 midterm papers and an exam Monday-Wednesday.
  • Wake up without an alarm Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
  • Clean bedroom and back porch so workout space exists.
  • Somehow clean running shoes of the bed bugs that aren't actually in them.

Week 2 goals: (spring break!!)

• Keep meditating every morning.
  • Send out 6 internship/job applications.
  • Write shortest final paper left over from last semester.
  • Write last semester's statistics final.
  • Start c25k.
  • Yoga?

Week 3 goals:

• Continute meditation, c25k, yoga
  • Send out 6 more applications.
  • Start YAYOG.
  • Eat vegan as much as possible.
  • Start other final paper from last semester.
  • More yoga.

Week 4 goals: THRIVE

• Continue all of week 3 goals.
  • Get ready to kick ass next challenge.

5eXyy.gif

• Like 10

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Week 1 goals: SURVIVE.

• Meditate every morning. 3/6. So close.
  • Finish 2 midterm papers and an exam Monday-Wednesday. DONE!!
  • Wake up without an alarm Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. DONE!!
  • Clean bedroom and back porch so workout space exists.
  • Somehow clean running shoes of the bed bugs that aren't actually in them. moved to week 2 for practical reasons

Week 2 goals: (spring break!!) 1/6 Epic fail

• Keep meditating every morning.
  • Send out 6 internship/job applications.
  • Write shortest final paper left over from last semester.
  • Write last semester's statistics final.
  • Start c25k. --> Started!! But then sprained my ankle. >_>
  • Yoga?

Week 3 goals: 0/6 Epic fail

• Continute meditation, c25k, yoga
  • Send out 6 more applications.
  • Start YAYOG.
  • Eat vegan as much as possible.
  • Start other final paper from last semester.
  • More yoga.

Week 4 goals: THRIVE Ankle is busted, emotional state is ridiculous. Back to just doing what I can to survive the week.

• Continue all of week 3 goals.
  • Get ready to kick ass next challenge.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Love it...stalking along as always!

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

There is a problem with shoes and bedbugs?  Is that something that can be fixed by sticking the shoes into a freezer for a while?

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

There is a problem with shoes and bedbugs? Is that something that can be fixed by sticking the shoes into a freezer for a while?

the problem is that I'm paranoid. We had bed bugs last year but they didn't go anywhere but a particular bed and nothing I've taken out of storage since September has had any bugs in it. But I've got a mental block with these running shoes where I just cannot make myself trust them. I'll look into the freezer thing but I feel like I already vetoed that option for a specific reason I can't remember. I have a heater thing that's supposed to kill them, just haven't been able to use it yet for various reasons. Hence scheduling it for spring break when I can be sure I take care of it well enough not to freak out anymore.

Edit: lawl I did not schedule it for spring break. Derp. That would have been smarter.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

This sounds like a great plan for you!

• Like 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Happy birthday flea! ;)

• Like 2

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Happy birthday flea! ;)

c1929130edafa2cad0e70c2fdf9f564c.jpg

Thanks ladies! <3

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

a.) New forums have been up for 2 days and no sign of a Rebel GL? I'm having flashbacks y'all. 

b.) I think I'm getting sick again. Hopefully it's just a cold or something and won't knock me out. All the more reason so get my shit done and celebrate Wednesday evening. And by celebrate I mean pass the fuck out. I'm so tired. D:

c.) I forgot what C was, but there was definitely a C.

I'm off to spout 8 pages of bullshit by the end of the day. Cheers.

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Okay wait, who's the ninja tagging guilds in everyone's threads? o.o I literally just noticed this.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Okay wait, who's the ninja tagging guilds in everyone's threads? o.o I literally just noticed this.

The guild leader does that

Spoiler

The guild leader does that

And yet there are no stickies or anything else in this forum. wtf this site makes increasingly less sense every day.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I came here to complain/wonder how I gained 3 pounds in a week. And then while the page was loading I realized the bag of Reese's minis that I bought on Friday is empty. There may be a correlation...

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I came here to complain/wonder how I gained 3 pounds in a week. And then while the page was loading I realized the bag of Reese's minis that I bought on Friday is empty. There may be a correlation...

Nah, couldn't be that...

• Like 2

Spoiler

Following

Happy Birthday Flea!

giphy.gif

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

HOLY SHIT I MAY NOT DIE TOMORROW AFTER ALL! The super intense article I thought my anthropology exam was on was something completely different. Instead of 40 pages of neo-Marxist ideology I only have to reread and bullshit about an eight-page article for ten minutes. Hooooly shit. Happy fucking birthday to me. 

I still have to also figure out how to bullshit for ten minutes about my data for the paper that's due in a month. But eh. (Seriously I understand wanting us to be working on this shit as we go along and not just the night before the paper is due, but at the same time the draft of the paper is due March 30th and we're supposed to be able to talk about it for 15 minutes at that point. How does making this half of our 20-minute oral exam a month beforehand really make sense? Especially given that last week's demonstrated that none of us have any idea what we're supposed to be doing. Because what she thought was going to be a 10-minutes 'tips ^ tricks' type thing turned into an hour and a half of questions and general confusion. And her getting mad at us for being confused?)

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

a.) Literally two minutes after I finish cooking and start scarfing dinner, roommate texts and asks if I've eaten yet. Then tells me to save room for dessert at least. I'm afraid. 

b.) I take back some of my earlier glee over this exam. Yes, it's not the completely awful reading I thought it was, but there's also a second part I missed to the first question. I'm currently torn between only prepping the first question tonight and going back to the paper I was hoping to finish then just frantically doing exam prep tomorrow, or trying to finish exam stuff tonight and finishing the paper tomorrow. The latter makes sense, except I know I won't be able to make myself work on the paper til after the exam is over (4:15) because I'll feel like I need to be exam-ing. And then I have class 530-8, plus an hour-ish commute home, and I won't want to work on the paper at that point either. But then I have another one I haven't started yet. Rawr. Fuck school.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Ha. Hahaha. So I posted on facebook that I'm during a reading from week 1 of my anthro class that I'd skipped, but now that I'm reading it the whole class makes more sense. And the only reason I'm reading this 37-page article is that I thought it's what we're supposed to be doing the second exam question with. 

Yeah. No. Right author, wrong article. The one we're supposed to use is neither in the syllabus as either required or recommended, nor is it anywhere else on Blackboard. I don't even know what I'm supposed to be doing right now and I've wasted two fucking hours on this shit. Even if I'd read it at the beginning of the semester I totally would have gone back and re-read it now because of course I'm going to assume when you say "use this person's framework" and you've assigned a reading by them, that's the reading you're talking about. Fuck. This. Class.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

YOOOOOOOOOOOO I GOT AN A ON THE TERRIBLY AWFUL PAPER I WROTE IN JANUARY!!!! I haven't read the feedback yet bc I can't see it on my phone but I'm dying because that paper was fucking terrible. Terrible! But that A means I get an A in the class. Fuck yeah. (Not officially yet, but I know I got high enough grades on the other shit.)

Now to carry this over to this week. Please. (I still have no idea what the fuck is supposed to be happening on the anthro exam.)

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Happy birthday!! I'm sorry you are celebrating it with more anthropology nonsense, but at least you're also celebrating it with an A!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.