Charlie_Quinn - Weakness is for the weak

Charlie_Quinn

Followin!

Hi there! Thanks for following!

Good news about Stu!

You are, of course, dead right about the gear [emoji106]

I went for a run at lunchtime and it was glorious - first run in short sleeves this year!

That's cool, I hope it lasts....oh wait, today it's raining again. Never mind!

CLIMB EVERYTHING!

I really want to! Unfortunately, not sure if we'll get to do climbing of any kind this week.  :(

Glad nothing serious healthwise, and really proud of you for getting up and running this morning!

Oh thank you! Now I just have to repeat it tomorrow morning. 

Following because OCR solidarity

e9ac375afeb8d4fc2fa7f5930ab3151e.jpg

I couldn't see your challenge when I looked earlier? EDIT: Ah I see you're a druid this time around!

• Like 3

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Following because OCR solidarity

e9ac375afeb8d4fc2fa7f5930ab3151e.jpg

The best part is that not only do you love the rock climbing, but all of the climbing will help you immensely with the upper body and grip obstacles in all of the OCRs.  Suddenly, the rope climbs and monkey bars and things like that will become so much easier.  ;)

• Like 3

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

The best part is that not only do you love the rock climbing, but all of the climbing will help you immensely with the upper body and grip obstacles in all of the OCRs.  Suddenly, the rope climbs and monkey bars and things like that will become so much easier.  ;)

That's the hope. I started climbing so I'd get better at these things but just so happened that I fell in love with it!

Yes! Time management! It's the key to good rangering IMHO.

Yay! It'll be very helpful when I get the hang of it!

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

Day 2

Did some strength training when I got home tonight. We would normally go climbing on Tuesday night but having to postpone till stu is feeling better.

Managed to do 4 single chin ups from standing with a 2 minute break in between. Also did some push ups so that's 2 of my bodyweight exercises done for the week.

It's just gone 10 o'clock so I'm going to get my running gear together and go to bed, ready for an early run! Oh, and my hands are a little dry so I'll moisturise them before bed! ☺

• Like 6

2020 Races: 

Day 3

Morning Run Complete! 

Got up at 5:45 with very little grumbling. I've found that if I do the "just five more minutes" routine, my tired brain manages to talk me out of getting up. I'm more successful if I make sure I get out of bed the minute my alarm goes off. 

What is it they say about exercising early in the morning? Do it before your body can figure out what you're doing? Well it seems this morning my brain was lagging behind everything else as I went out without my contact lenses. I don't know what's worse, that I forgot to put them in, or it took me 5 minutes of running to realise that everything was a bit blurry. In my defense, it was dark.

I might do some yoga tonight as things are feeling a bit tight. I'm really frustrated that there has been no climbing this week. I'm contemplating going to the bouldering gym by myself after work tomorrow. I can get there in 15 minutes from my work which is awesome, it's just getting home afterwards that's the problem. If Stu doesn't mind picking me up after, I might do it.

• Like 6

2020 Races: 

I'm here for the climbing and pull ups!  And I sympathize with the hand care problems.  I suck at being a girl, too, so my hands are constantly a mess.  

oh, good, I'm not the only one. between crossfit and kayaking... yipes

don't even get me started on the concept of "manicures"... might as well take that $15 and set it afire

• Like 3

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

What is it they say about exercising early in the morning? Do it before your body can figure out what you're doing? Well it seems this morning my brain was lagging behind everything else as I went out without my contact lenses. I don't know what's worse, that I forgot to put them in, or it took me 5 minutes of running to realise that everything was a bit blurry. In my defense, it was dark.

This is my drive home from the gym every night. "Wait, why can't I read that road sign?"

I might do some yoga tonight as things are feeling a bit tight. I'm really frustrated that there has been no climbing this week. I'm contemplating going to the bouldering gym by myself after work tomorrow. I can get there in 15 minutes from my work which is awesome, it's just getting home afterwards that's the problem. If Stu doesn't mind picking me up after, I might do it.

Dealing with a sick partner is the worst. Here's hoping you can make tomorrow work.

• Like 2

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

This is my drive home from the gym every night. "Wait, why can't I read that road sign?"

Dealing with a sick partner is the worst. Here's hoping you can make tomorrow work.

I've only ever had to drive once without my glasses/contacts and it was the most terrifying experience ever. Never again!

I feel like a complete selfish jackass when I ask him if he thinks he'll be ok to climb at the weekend. I know he wants to go too and keeps saying sorry that I'm missing out because of him which makes me feel like even more of an arsehole! I just need to be patient, it's not like I'll never get to go climbing again. A few more days won't kill me.

Sent while a top a wall or lost on a trail. Thanks, Rangerbrain!

• Like 7

2020 Races: 

This challenge has me jonesing for a Spartan race so badly.

Also, my hands routinely look my Deadpool's face (since that's the Ranger guilds predominant theme this month...). 

• Like 3

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Also, my hands routinely look my Deadpool's face (since that's the Ranger guilds predominant theme this month...). 

Me too brotha, luckily Warrior Dash this weekend...at sub 80% but whatever...

Predominant theme? Nooooooo..... It must be Wolfie-I blame that motherfu**er :)

I hope this continues to cheer you up CQ ;)

original.gif

Wolfpool

• Like 8

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Fortunately, I don't have to worry about going on a run or driving without contacts or glasses.  I probably couldn't find the front door.  ;)

I can see the bouldering going either way.  Really, if Stu feels guilty about being sick and forcing you to miss sessions, then why not go tomorrow?  He'd probably be happy to know that he isn't the reason you haven't been able to climb.  But if you choose not to go, it's no big deal.  The climbing gym isn't going anywhere, and there will be plenty more opportunities to climb.  

• Like 3

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

oh, good, I'm not the only one. between crossfit and kayaking... yipes

don't even get me started on the concept of "manicures"... might as well take that $15 and set it afire

I've had exactly one manicure in my life, brought for me as a gift by an ex-boyfriend.

I felt uncomfortable through the entire thing and the pretty nails lasted all of 1 day before I'd completely wreaked them. Oh well, at least it wasn't my money getting flushed down the drain!

Me too brotha, luckily Warrior Dash this weekend...at sub 80% but whatever...

Predominant theme? Nooooooo..... It must be Wolfie-I blame that motherfu**er :)

I hope this continues to cheer you up CQ ;)

original.gif

Wolfpool

I'm getting so impatient for my first OCR of this year. It's been 6 months since my last one and still have 4 weeks till the next. I NEED MUD AND WALLS AND MONKEY BARS!!

I'm loving all the deadpool gif and pics around the Ranger threads this month. 

Fortunately, I don't have to worry about going on a run or driving without contacts or glasses.  I probably couldn't find the front door.   ;)

I can see the bouldering going either way.  Really, if Stu feels guilty about being sick and forcing you to miss sessions, then why not go tomorrow?  He'd probably be happy to know that he isn't the reason you haven't been able to climb.  But if you choose not to go, it's no big deal.  The climbing gym isn't going anywhere, and there will be plenty more opportunities to climb.  

I was making more of a fuss about it than I should have. I sweat the small stuff too much sometimes!

I'm going climbing on my own tonight anyway. 

I have definitely gotten up before and not remembered that I need glasses... however, at least once I didn't have the excuse of it being dark! I just couldn't understand why the world was blurry! In my defense, I'm not a morning person... 

Ive done running before without contact lens and only realised after a mile or so that everything's blurry. Luckily i don't drive...

Seems like this is a normal thing us blind people do! 

• Like 3

2020 Races: 

Mid-week 1 Update

Keep to a running schedule: 2/3 runs done

Lifting my own body-weight

- Push Ups

- Dips

- Body-weight rows

- Chin-ups

Time management:

Have woken up early for running but usual wake up times one other days.

Take better care of my skin:

My hands are being mosturised regularly and the pumice stone has been used a few times too. The callouses are more like smooth protective skin at the moment instead of rough lumps. That might change after tonight though!

So far everything is on track for all A's this week. I did NF Yoga last night as planned. Did Fire A and I noticed improvements again. I've also noticed today I have abs DOMS, and by abs I mean the place where abs would be if I had any. I must be using my core more to hold poses now. Sweet.

giphy.gif

I'm going climbing on my own tonight, looking forward to that. They have a set of gymnastics rings there so if I'm not too beat afterwards, I might do some BW rows using the rings. 

• Like 5

2020 Races: 

Hello stranger! Following along  :panda:

I am having hand issues too. Watched this video for helpful tips and found white cotton gloves for £1 at the shops. I don't know about you but it's fairly easy for me to remember to moisturise and glove up before bed but my hands are in such a state that something needs to be done during the day too!

• Like 1

Challenges 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17

Instagram photos of daily life

Battle Log

"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become" ~ Carl Jung

I'm going climbing on my own tonight, looking forward to that. They have a set of gymnastics rings there so if I'm not too beat afterwards, I might do some BW rows using the rings. 

SHAWEET! good luck with it. And for the record, I share your opinion on manicures. It's like flushing money down the toilet

• Like 1

Instagram/Facebook/Epic Quest

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Current Challenge: Respawn

Hello stranger! Following along  :panda:

I am having hand issues too. Watched this video for helpful tips and found white cotton gloves for £1 at the shops. I don't know about you but it's fairly easy for me to remember to moisturise and glove up before bed but my hands are in such a state that something needs to be done during the day too!

Hey you! How are things? Do you have a challenge up? 

I tend to remember in the morning before I leave and then before bed. I've got a bottle of lotion on my desk now so I've been using it about twice a day. No matter how much I do them, the minute I go out in the cold they dry out again! I don't know if I could sleep in gloves, it's worth a try though.

That's awesome about your core being sore :) Hope you have fun climbing :D

Isn't it funny how we get excited about certain pain 'cos it means things are working! We are a weird bunch!

SHAWEET! good luck with it. And for the record, I share your opinion on manicures. It's like flushing money down the toilet

As a person who cut her nails this morning with large kitchen scissors, I heartily agree.

Luckily, I can't do much without glasses so I won't run or drive under such conditions. It sucks however when I have to Crossfit and I've forgotten to wear my contacts. It's like forgetting the gym bag at home

So do you have to CF with glasses, or just attempt it blind? I can't imagine either being good! I can lift with glasses on but then I don't do any Olympic lifting so no worry of my glasses flying off!

• Like 2

2020 Races: