Charlie_Quinn - Weakness is for the weak

Charlie_Quinn

On 3/24/2016 at 1:38 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Getting sick sucks. I think the last two or three challenges I spent the first week sick.

"Sick" is probably the wrong word, I'll spoiler what the problem was as it's one of those annoying, embarrassing things that girls tend to get.

Spoiler

Had a UTI - It's something that some women are prone to getting more than others and I tend to get a flare up every few years. It's nothing serious, just extremely annoying and uncomfortable and plans have to be put on hold till the worst of it is over.

Anyway, I'm all better now and thankfully the long weekend won't be ruined.

On 3/24/2016 at 5:08 PM, EricMN said:

Ugh. Feel better. I want details on some of these obstacles.

I'm hoping to take my action cam around the course with me, so should have some video of our adventure.

On 3/25/2016 at 0:42 AM, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

106a1bb4971900cabc97b0a3b1bd1a01.jpg

I love this pic!

On 3/25/2016 at 3:21 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Hope those health issues abate and you can get back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Started watching Daredevil season 2 last night to bask in some Punisher goodness.  Definitely enjoy things so far. 

So excited for your OCR event too!

The Punisher is awesome. Jon Bernthal is so good. It's about time they did the Punisher some justice on film.

I'm excited too, only one week to go!

• Like 3

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

I felt back to normal yesterday. The weather was absolutely glorious as well, despite warnings of rain all day, so instead of doing an indoor activity, we decided to make the most of the weather while it lasted and went for a hike. We went to a local National Trust site called Dunstable Downs which is rolling hills and fields for miles and miles. Basically, pure British countryside. We did a lovely 6 mile walk (Was supposed to be 4.5 miles, but we read the route instructions wrong) and sat and had a picnic on the Downs and watched the para-gliders taking off from the top of the hills. I took lots of nice pictures to share, but my phone is a pile of shit and didn't save any of them. I think a 6 mile walk is a good alternative to the 30 minute run I was supposed to do mid-week. I was certainly knackered by the end of it and the hills more than made up for it! I hope we can do that more often now summer is almost here.

So glad we did that walk yesterday as the weather today is crap. But, today was long run day and I wasn't going to miss another run. It's the first long run on my plan so it only called for 45 minutes. I did 7km in just over 45 minutes. Meh, that'll do for now. We spent the rest of today doing a complete spring clean of our flat. 

I think I'll continue to run this challenge till the end of this week so I can catch up on my BW workout goal and I might do a full wrap up post in the next few days. Then I'll be sitting tapping my fingers impatiently, waiting for the new challenge boards to go up! Please go up early, please go up early!!!

• Like 3

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

Lovely day for a trip out! I was so lucky with the weather when I was back home, almost no rain at all and plenty of sunshine!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Walk sounds awesome! 

I get that same lady issue, btw. Have you tried Cymalon? I have to order it special as you can't get it over the counter in the US but I first ran into it in London so you should be able to get it at the chemist's. I keep it in the house at all times.

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Whoa.  That OCR looks intense!  I really wish I could convince myself that I can tolerate running, so I could hop in on all of this OCR fun. :)

I'm really enjoying Daredevil season 2 so far, and I'm loving the (at least for me) unexpected appearance of someone major in the last several episodes.  I don't want to say more, since I don't want to spoil things for those who haven't seen it.;) I only have 2 episodes left, and I'm really eager to see what happens.  I also keep imagining the Punisher and Jessica Jones crossing paths.  Both have such a raw, no-bullshit approach to everything.  I've been finding myself constantly pissed off at Matt this season, though.   

I hope you managed to catch up with your goals!  I think the new boards are going to be posted soon, since they already moved this one under the "previous challenge" heading.  

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

On 3/28/2016 at 1:17 AM, DJtrippyT said:

Walk sounds awesome! 

I get that same lady issue, btw. Have you tried Cymalon? I have to order it special as you can't get it over the counter in the US but I first ran into it in London so you should be able to get it at the chemist's. I keep it in the house at all times.

I've not heard of Cymalon, I can't remember the name of the stuff I buy but I always keep a pack in the medicine cabinet just in case!

19 hours ago, Nymeria said:

Whoa.  That OCR looks intense!  I really wish I could convince myself that I can tolerate running, so I could hop in on all of this OCR fun. :)

I'm really enjoying Daredevil season 2 so far, and I'm loving the (at least for me) unexpected appearance of someone major in the last several episodes.  I don't want to say more, since I don't want to spoil things for those who haven't seen it.;) I only have 2 episodes left, and I'm really eager to see what happens.  I also keep imagining the Punisher and Jessica Jones crossing paths.  Both have such a raw, no-bullshit approach to everything.  I've been finding myself constantly pissed off at Matt this season, though.   

I hope you managed to catch up with your goals!  I think the new boards are going to be posted soon, since they already moved this one under the "previous challenge" heading.  

You don't need to be a runner to do OCR's, you can jog/walk a lot of the course. I think you should sign up for a 5km OCR as a taster. I know you would love it (and beast it!).

If you are talking about:

Spoiler

the scene with Matt and a certain someone in prison

Yes! I was literally on the edge of my seat for that. And I agree, Matt has been a complete dick. I completely love Foggy though!

• Like 1

2020 Races: 

End of Challenge Wrap Up

Weakness 1

Keeping to a running schedule: Grade C

I don't do too badly but missed a few runs due to health reasons. I'll carry this over to my next challenge as I'm now on week 2 of my half marathon plan.

Weakness 2

Lifting my own body-weight: Grade B+

I stuck with this pretty consistently, with only a small hiccup when I was unwell. I need to be more consistent on GtG chin ups as there hasn't been much improvement there, but I've seen in the other areas. Again, will carry this over to the next challenge to build strength for all the upcoming OCR goodness!

Weakness 3

Time management: Grade D

I started off well but slipped back into old habits quickly. I'm finding it really hard to make myself a morning person, I managed it a few years ago so I now I have it in me to get up and be productive in the morning. It's just very hard to get back into the habit once your lost it. I won't make this a goal next challenge, but I'll keep at it behind the scenes.

Side Goal:

Take better care of my skin: Grade A

My hands are in much better shape now than they were at the start of this challenge. We went climbing on Sunday and my hands held out for so much longer than usual. I've got hard skin forming on certain points but I'm keeping it well filed and protected with the hand balm I bought. 

Overall Grade: B- Getting better

Most of the improvements I need to make are in my own head. It's not so much the "doing" that's the problem for me, it's the lack of planning, the procrastinating and the tiny voice of self doubt that is holding me back.

My next challenge is nearly ready to go, I'll get that up later today. See you guys on the other side. Until then, a hint for next challenge:

season abc carter agent agent carter

• Like 7

2020 Races: 

On 3/30/2016 at 8:14 PM, maegs said:

Nice job! I totally get you on the morning-person thing, I'd much rather stay in my nice cozy bed than get up before the sun's up!

YESSSSS

Ditto.  Nice job on the challenge - and I can't wait to see you crush the race prep goal!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)