Things didn't go exactly as planned, but 18ck is not dead, so it's a win

18ck

Ouvi o Hugh Laurie disse que à sua idade, ler os livros esteja como encher uma banheira quando o tampão não é no ralo. Acordo consigo. À minha idade também, derramo português dentro a minha cabeça mas tudo drena afastado.

*suspiro*

Posting from a phone. If this doesn't make sense, blame Tapatalk

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Something, something Portuguese...

And Hugh Laurie.

I heard Hugh Laurie saying that at his age, reading books is like running the bath with the plug out of the plughole. I agree with him. At my age too, I pour Portuguese into my head but it all drains away.

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Today:

Sculling (first time on the water in yonks!) And a big heap of language. I haven't been trying hard on the food front. I nibbled a few tiny bits of chocolate and also ate some pasta. The latter was because my lovely daughter has just learnt to make it and what kind of dad would I be to turn that down. And the former was to celebrate the apostles playing Zombies Run with their newly reanimated messiah.

Enough excuses?

Yeah its all a bit like this guy isn't it.

8cbb93ef9eedaf7855770fec7303d193.gif

• Like 1

*Some of the grammar is a bit shonky though

Summary

Running

• Run 3 times a week continuing to work on speed and obviously try and pick up that 5k goal @25min from last challenge Did the runs but didn't hit the time
  • Do at least two longer runs (c10k) over the course of the challenge to address what I see as a decline in endurance now that I am running shorter, faster distances. No

Strongitude

• Lift once a week Yep! 
  • Do at least one other arm-related thing per week, whether it's a series of set of diamond pushups, a rowing ergo, another round of lifting Yep!

Portuguese

• Finish one book - either "O Senhor do Tempo" or - if it's just too ridiculous (because it is a bit), "Bifes Mal Passados" Nao acabei nada. I gave up on "O Senhor Do Tempo, then started another two, both of which I intend to finish.
  • 5 or more Skype teaching sessions Yep - about ten in fact!
  • Speak at least once a day, either to the teacher, to another language learner or to Mrs 18ck Um... Not sure about this one. Probably not actually.
  • Listen to something every day - song, podcast, poem, whatever. Yes.
  • Write at least once every two days Yes - massively exceeded
  • Keep up a Memrise streak throughout the challenge Yes. In fact, I was one of their top ten users so they offered me a discount on pro membership which I snapped up!

Eating

• Eat right like last month: Paleoish but not making a fuss about it. Yes. Well, pretty much - excepting anniversaries and other feast days things went well and even on those days they were pretty OK. No waking up in the gutter with chocolate round my mouth, reeking of maple syrup.
  • Like 1

awesome wrap up! happy to see you kicking the sh!t out of this challenge. 

Im pleased too, even lost a kg, but could have done even better. so im in for the next challenge as well.... 

see ya around! [emoji4]

Good work fearless!

• Like 1

Só I guess the new challenge is up but I don't have time to make a new post so for now....

Yesterday was a heavy Portuguese day and a heavy object day, one speaking and one lifting. You can guess which is which.

Today I had work and also was at home alone with Flyer. Not much time for Portuguese other than the basics (Memrise lists) but I got up early, stole a March on the work and bought myself time to go for a jog (1 mile) with her in the middle of the day and grab a bite of lunch on the way home and play a game in the afternoon so it wouldn't just be all boredom stuck at home with sql and maths homework.

• Like 1

hi ck,

could i ask you to kick my arse once in a while during next challenge? i put a lot on my plate and it would be really embarrassing for me to fail if you are watching ;)

i offer to do the same if you like... 

* throws last sugary drink into the thrash*

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

hi ck,

could i ask you to kick my arse once in a while during next challenge? i put a lot on my plate and it would be really embarrassing for me to fail if you are watching [emoji6]

i offer to do the same if you like... 

* throws last sugary drink into the thrash*

OK, mutual arsekickage it is.

• Like 1