Being even more awesome! Part 1

BarbarianBassBro

Welcome to my first-ever NF-Challenge!

As you can read in my DailyBattleLog the last months have already been quite a leveling-marathon for my life and I´d like to take this to the next level by commiting to some awesome quests! I´ll credit my progress by giving percentage on how good I´ve mastered the quests and every Quest itself will benefit my NF-character, 25XP each.

Quest 1) No more Soda!

My name is Torsten and I´m addicted. Working in shift duty and hating coffee and tea is the story I keep telling myself for "needing" Cola and energy drinks to survive the day. No more excuses! No more Soda!

It may be a heavy quest for me, but the mindset is the key. I´ll keep this at 25XP though it may be a hard one.

Quest 2) Main meal with veggies and without processed food!

Easy one, but it´s a healthy habit I´m not following quite long at the moment. So it needs to be a healthy habit and is worth a quest.

Quest 3) Lifting heavy 3 times a week!

Actually I´m following Stronglifts 5x5 and it´s the reason I found NF in the wide wide internet. Stacys Strength Training 101 made me a NF-addict and big fan. In my youth I had a real great progress at strength training, but with time came excuses: apprenticeship ("No time for working out and shift duty is exhausting too"), keeping on working in shift duty and my belly grew in addition to my back pain. Over the last years I started working out again but without the knowledge I have today and with bad, real bad diet. My progress has been staying small through the years, so has been my motivation.

By doing this quest I´ll keep up the good work, establish my routine and upgrade my life permanent!

Quest 4) Meditate at least 10minutes a day!

I´m into this stuff since my youth and I love the effects of a positive mindset. It´s a great way of leveling up my life and has been a great part of my progress the last months, if not years. But the last days I recognised that I don´t work every day with this amazing tools, so why don´t I?! That´s why I made this a daily quest for even more progress!

• Like 5

I´m a bass player, what´s your superpower?

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

Success starts where excuses end! 

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

\m/ Commitment on being awesome \m/

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Good luck to you on your first challenge!

• Like 1

"Destiny is important, see, but people go wrong when they think it controls them. It's the other way around." - Terry Pratchett

Lift: 1 of 24                                             Eat Right: 1 of 42                              Stay Sane: 1 of 42   

Good luck to you on your first challenge!

Thx a lot :)

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Welcome BarbarianBassBro!

First off my normal disclaimer:

In the two-ish years I've been on the forums one very important thing has made itself clear to me. You get out of it what you put in! Saying that, I encourage you to seek out a couple other members here and follow along with them and offer support when and where you can, together we are all stronger!

As a fellow shift worker I understand 100% your struggles with caffeine (coffee in my case) and finding time to workout. Best of luck this challenge!

• Like 3

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Thanks a lot guys! Well...I guess you´re guys xD

Petefeet, it´s exactly what you say! We´ve got a saying in Germany: The way it sounds into the Woods, it resounds (Hope it´s translated well enough^^)

It is what I call "Law of Attraction". When you think positive, you will receive positive things! If you interact with a community and help where you can, the community will help you too.

If you are telling yourself a Story why you can´t achieve something, you won´t achieve it. If you tell yourself that you can´t be awake during nightwatch without caffeine, you´ll be freaking tired the whole time. I´m still tired when I didn´t sleep well or Long enough, but that´s a normal Thing, my mind and Body Needs to relearn it at the Moment.

Challenge is good so far, no sins at eating and drinking so far, meditated already, Training is on after work. I love it when my gym is nearly empty at 10-11 pm and I don´t Need to Queue up for squatting :D

• Like 2

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Thanks for the motivation Marbres!

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Day 1 was flawless, Day 2 started with some struggle. Slept 1,5 hours longer than I wanted so it came to some schedule issues. Working out after work or having less time for the workout but go before work? Well i decided to go before work, have been watching the clock the whole time, nearly hurt myself while doing my squats..no thx, bad start.

Got so frustrated that I nearly bought a coke, but the I thought "Why, to feel better? Will this help me to feel better after a sh*t-workout under timepressure? No!". So I didn´t :)

Rest challenges flawless again, but rethinking my workout-routine.

• Like 3

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Hehe, guess today is more awesome than super awesome, but I like the way you think Marbres. Started with not hearing my alarm clock and waking up at the time I should leave my apartment. Must have been time-travelling on my way to work, wasn´t late somehow xD

Thx for following Rob__, I got addicted too. It´s just that stuff I loved about lifting since I started! I just don´t know if it´s the right thing at the moment. Sometimes I think I need another workout. See also at programming in the weightliftsection (can´t post links somehow..stupid computer at work...)

• Like 1

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Yeah, the challenges are quite good right now. Still doing fine, will meditate after work and then it´s done: Winstreak day3 :D

I still can´t get how I can be interested in lifting for more than a decade and never hearing of stronglifts-workout before the middle of 2015?

• Like 1

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Welcome to NF! Thanks for stopping by my challenge.

I worked second shift for a while and became un-addicted to soda and fell in love with tea. It was also nice because I had the gym nearly to myself at 11 am :)

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

I´m really, really suprised how much positive feedback you get in this community. It´s just awesome! Thanks for following!

I love the idea of a reward for sticking to it 28 days. Hmm, some weeks ago in the gym I saw a guy wearing a fancy-nerdy shirt that almost made me lol pretty hard in the middle of the gym: Training to beat Goku (or at least Krillin..)

Maybe I´ll search the internet for some nerdstuff-shirts (I´d love to have a real cool Wolverine-shirt to get into beastmode during my workout :D)

Day 4 streak! Is it really day 4 already? wow...

Flawless on the soda-thing, meditated after waking up without falling asleep again and went to the gym right after. Not it´s sure, I need to say goodbye to the classic stronglifts 5x5 :-/

Took my time, warmed up properly, and added 55kg to the bar. 3 sets of flawless squats. Hard, but technique was still good. Started set 4, first rep and my knee shouted for attention. Not real pain, but close to it. It´s the same strange unhealthy feeling of pressure right before something "could" snap. If I hadn´t stopped squating immediately I may have had problems over weeks. It´s the same thing that made my interupt my workout-streaks the last months and wrecked my motivation...

Well then, I´ll keep looking for another full body workout that fits 3 times a week but will be around 8-12 reps. At least I never had problems with that volume the last years.

• Like 2

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

hi!! awesome first week so far.

Got so frustrated that I nearly bought a coke, but the I thought "Why, to feel better? Will this help me to feel better after a sh*t-workout under timepressure? No!". So I didn´t :)

this is a SUPER win right there. keep it up!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Thx4the flowers :)

I learned to hear what my Body says over the years, so I don´t mind switching if my gut-feeling says "meh". Already got some good suggestions over there in the programming-part of the lifting section and my knowledge isn´t that bad either.

Veggies are good, but as i already wrote it´s no problem at all. It´s just to get it a solid Habit, I´ve been cooking healthy since the last weeks.

Today is awesome again :) Woke up and felt great, work is fine too, healthy meal i prep´d was great too. Waiting for 6PM to finally get home and doing more research (new workout, new aspects for my online-marketing ). Only "bad" thing are my horrible sore muscles from yesterdays workout :D

• Like 1

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Nothing special yesterday, my diet could´ve been better but I cooked with veggies and still no soda - so it´s fine then ;)

Sleep was weird, early shift starts way to early for my taste and I´m pretty tired. Those days usually started with heading for the next possible store for soda, soda and more soda. I´m surprised that I don´t feel worse without my sugar-caffeine-Infusion. Good sign I guess :D

After work I´ll head for the gym and try my new workout. I hate saturdays at the gym, it´s always like everyone got guilty conscious from fridays partys and runs to the gym to block my routine...

In terms of rewards:

For every A-rated (everything above 90%) challenge, I reward myself with a nerdy-ass shirt. Now I need to search the internet for crazy stuff to support my focus on being awesome :) :) :)

Edit: Bonus reward for 400% awesomeness will be a 5th shirt :D

• Like 2

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Hehe, thanks I´ll have a look after work (stupid internet at work blocking any site that deals with buying something..)

Stil flawless, but I need to check my diet outside the muchproteinevenmoreveggie-meals...still much to improve and my hunger for chocolate bars is increasing throughout the whole challenge. Maybe compensating my lack of sugar infused by monster-energy drinks and coke?

New workout was ok but way less fun than 5x5 for me. My gosh I´m lifting weights I used to warm up with! And I´m really done after doing this!!!

Feels really aweful to be THAT out of shape...well the last year I´ve been either doing nothing or doing 5x5, so more reps feels strange to much. Let´s see where this goes.

And I need to pause squats for now :( Knee still feels weird when doing them, better rest than sorry.

• Like 1

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!