Being even more awesome! Part 1

BarbarianBassBro

Good job on doing this challenge flawlessly! Don't worry about lifting smaller weights - if you've feel like you've gotten a workout in, the results will follow. 

Is there a specific time in the day that you crave chocolate? If so, maybe you can fit in a snack around that time?

Thx :)

Yeah I know about results etc but I just can´t stand the feeling at the moment. Well, my muscles, nervous system an´ so on need to adapt to the new workout now - I´m sure that I´m going to deal with it.

As far as the chocolate thing goes, it´s kind of a stress reaction I guess though I can´t tell you by now when exactly I´ve been craving. Good news is that the craving stopped after posting it here xD

Week Summary:

flawless-victory-cat.jpg

3 workouts in 7 days with Veggie-selfprep´d meals, daily meditation (still working on that levitating thing) and still no liquid caffeinecandy in sight :) That is a flawless week 1! :D

Still things to improve as written above, but especially that non-soda streak is stunning me. Several years (!) of drinking so much stuff mit sugar and caffeine...how didn´t I die to a heart attack or get a diabetes? *fingers crossing*

Day 8 still good, no soda though I´m really tired, just had zucchini-noodles with selfmade bolognese and orange bell pepper (so many colors!), meditating is on. Workout this evening. :)

• Like 2

I´m a bass player, what´s your superpower?

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

Success starts where excuses end! 

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

\m/ Commitment on being awesome \m/

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Day 8 still going strong, but I forgot my date with my mates in the evening :P So no workout yesterday lacking the time for it, today is my brothers birthday so still no time for it. This week will be wednesday, friday, sunday then - not perfect but sometimes life happens.

Day 9 resumée later on.

• Like 3

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Awesome progress so far, that soda challenge is a big one but sounds like you're managing really well. Will be following along for the rest of the month.

What are you doing for your new gym routine?

• Like 2

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Thx Jarric, it is indeed! I´m still fascinated about my actual mindset and the effect of no effect: Soda in shift duty and still tired all day. No soda and still tired but feeling better. Also the first compliments about loosing weight started. :) (Lost 11lbs/5kg since end of january)

I just switched last workout from stronglifts 5x5 to another full body routine:

2-3 sets, 8-12 reps (I´ll go up with weights when I can do 3x12 easy)

Pull ups, Dips (both at the Moment assisted), Benchpress, Overheadpress, Deadlift, Squats (paused ´cause of weird knees for this week), Barbell Rows

As I already wrote I´m not that satisfied with it, but maybe it´s an ego thing plus my body adapted to stronglifts - I´ll give it a try, maybe switching back to stronglifts after knee recovery and add weights slower...we´ll see

• Like 2

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Sounds like a good solid full body workout. As you start increasing the weight on it you might find it more satisfying.

Congrats on the weight loss too; 11lbs in just over a month is a good achievement.

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Let´s see what time brings. It´s quite a usual workout from my gym past, but I´m not used to it anymore. Weight loss is great at the Moment, though I reached a little plateau. Well, slow and steady will work great too :)

Challenges still no problem yesterday (day 9), but after work today I´ll do research on how to track. I´m pretty sure I wrecked my calorie-intake at my brothers b-day by far! ;) Will start to try out tracking tomorrow then and make it my new food quest latest next challenge.

Ok guys, girls and fellow aliens: let flawless day 10 begin!

• Like 4

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Good job with the challenge so far! You've been killing it! I always tend to find I'm never satisfied with my new program when I change it. Stick to it and you'll probably change your mind once you've gotten into the new rhythm of your workout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no signature here.

3 workouts in 7 days with Veggie-selfprep´d meals, daily meditation (still working on that levitating thing) and still no liquid caffeinecandy in sight :) That is a flawless week 1! :D

Still things to improve as written above, but especially that non-soda streak is stunning me. Several years (!) of drinking so much stuff mit sugar and caffeine...how didn´t I die to a heart attack or get a diabetes? *fingers crossing*

Day 8 still good, no soda though I´m really tired, just had zucchini-noodles with selfmade bolognese and orange bell pepper (so many colors!), meditating is on. Workout this evening. :)

amazing job with the soda!! that is awesome. also, your bolognese sounds delicious!

Thx Jarric, it is indeed! I´m still fascinated about my actual mindset and the effect of no effect: Soda in shift duty and still tired all day. No soda and still tired but feeling better. Also the first compliments about loosing weight started. :) (Lost 11lbs/5kg since end of january)

I just switched last workout from stronglifts 5x5 to another full body routine:

2-3 sets, 8-12 reps (I´ll go up with weights when I can do 3x12 easy)

Pull ups, Dips (both at the Moment assisted), Benchpress, Overheadpress, Deadlift, Squats (paused ´cause of weird knees for this week), Barbell Rows

As I already wrote I´m not that satisfied with it, but maybe it´s an ego thing plus my body adapted to stronglifts - I´ll give it a try, maybe switching back to stronglifts after knee recovery and add weights slower...we´ll see

which lifts do you group together? like do you have day 1 be: rows, bench, and squats or something like that?

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Good job with the challenge so far! You've been killing it! I always tend to find I'm never satisfied with my new program when I change it. Stick to it and you'll probably change your mind once you've gotten into the new rhythm of your workout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you :)

Yeah I´ll stick to it... sigh, I miss my stronglifts. Well, we´ll see.

amazing job with the soda!! that is awesome. also, your bolognese sounds delicious!

which lifts do you group together? like do you have day 1 be: rows, bench, and squats or something like that?

Thx, it FEELS pretty amazing too. Very satisfying to not see a huge difference between soda and no-soda during shift duty. "Hey wait, why exactly have I been drinking so much of these before?!"

By the way my bolognese IS delicious! ;)

Tried it out as a full body set up, so no workout a and b or such. Needs some tuning still, dips plus pull ups at a superset was fun, doing ohp quite early at the workout a terrible mistake (bench and row pretty much failed after this..). One of the reasons I wasn´t really satisfied...at stronglifts i know: squat first, then do the rest, deadlifts always last. Much easier and it felt more effective, my new workout feels like a chain of several good excercises in a row and that´s it. Maybe I should stop whining about it and keep on trying? :D

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Aren´t you just a bit bored reading?!?! Hit day 11 and still no real struggle, flawless streak going on. Nothing to complain, no failing, it´s just getting better every day! ;)

Meditating? Check! Veggies in selfcooked meals? Check! Soda? Nope, never! Working out? That´s the greatest part about it!

I did my new programm without squats because of my weird knee joints (I miss you squats! :(), but my body seems to adapt much better. Wasn´t that wasted after working out, did increase reps at every excersise, even increased some weight at bench and deadlifts with ease. It just feels like working out again and not being a noob hitting the gym for the first time! :) :) :)

• Like 2

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Aren´t you just a bit bored reading?!?! Hit day 11 and still no real struggle, flawless streak going on. Nothing to complain, no failing, it´s just getting better every day! ;)

Meditating? Check! Veggies in selfcooked meals? Check! Soda? Nope, never! Working out? That´s the greatest part about it!

I did my new programm without squats because of my weird knee joints (I miss you squats! :(), but my body seems to adapt much better. Wasn´t that wasted after working out, did increase reps at every excersise, even increased some weight at bench and deadlifts with ease. It just feels like working out again and not being a noob hitting the gym for the first time! :) :) :)

Only just a bit! :P

I'm joking, of course! It's great to read about the awesome streak! :D

• Like 1

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

Only just a bit! :tongue:

I'm joking, of course! It's great to read about the awesome streak! :D

Well to keep it a little bit more exciting for you then: I took a look at the cold soda in the fridges, walking through the supermarket. Thought 2 seconds about buying a limonade...and didn´t! *dun dun duuun*

Just joining in to say good luck with week 2!  Looks like you're on a roll which is good inspiration for me!

Thx jowlypants! I am indeed and it´s a great feeling to inspire you :) That´s all about NF-Rebellion and I love the positivy in this blog and forum :)

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Well to keep it a little bit more exciting for you then: I took a look at the cold soda in the fridges, walking through the supermarket. Thought 2 seconds about buying a limonade...and didn´t! *dun dun duuun*

I do that too sometimes! Walk by the chocolate bars and the sodas and think "Do I want one?" and then I think "Meh, I don't need it!" (Although sometimes I have to try to believe it)

• Like 2

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

i love reading people's threads! even if i don't end up having anything to comment on - it's great to see people on their quests and overcoming obstacles and doing amazing things.

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

BarbarianBassBro! We have the same goal. I started my "fitness journey" a few months ago, after graduating from college - I was always super low on energy and I have a serious sweet tooth and so the combination of caffeine and sugar in Coke was addictive.

Stress was a factor in making me feel constantly fatigued - plus the emotional component of anxiety led to me associating Coke with stress relief/feeling less awful. Lowering stress after graduating college, going back home, and getting a job I somewhat enjoy, and working regular hours, lowered my "need" for Coke. If stress is a factor in the Coke craving for you, maybe the meditation will help? Try guided meditations also. I really like them (although some find them creepy).

In addition, getting up early in the morning to work out and then having breakfast has totally changed my energy levels. Low energy was a reason I craved Coke. So this has also been incredibly helpful in cutting the Coke habit. There's also drinking water. I learned in my first year of college when I transitioned to a totally opposite timezone that water is super helpful for jetlag - dehydration leads to worse fatigue. Drinking a lot of water helped me get over my jetlag in a day. So try having a bottle of water on hand and taking a sip whenever you feel the need for cola. It definitely helps me. Another thing, which may taste kind of weird in the beginning but is something I LOVE during the summer is lemonade, but with a little bit of salt (a pinch per glass) instead of sugar. Probably high sodium but really refreshing and energizing.

Personally, I replace the caffeine loss by drinking coffee, no sugar. I hate the taste of sugar in coffee, which I guess is a small mercy. Slowly my body has started expecting coffee during my post-lunch slump instead of Coke. It actually prefers the coffee because it doesn't lead to the sugar crash like Coke does. I also used to hate tea of all kinds, but about a year ago I discovered chamomile tea, which tastes kind of like hot water tbh, but is supposed to relieve anxiety, which it does do for me (possibly a placebo effect but I'm not questioning it). So try different types of tea? Except the super sugary ones I guess lol. There are a lot of ways to get caffeine.

Currently I am at a stage where I have a real, true craving maybe once in two weeks. Even then, a few sips is enough. Also, after de-addicting, everything else tastes a lot sweeter, and when I drink Coke to fulfill a craving I am honestly underwhelmed - why did I think this was so great again?

At a very practical level, don't buy those giant packs of cola. My mom still keeps them in the house for entertaining and things but they're locked up and out of sight which changes my behaviour. Also, during work, I used to go for a stroll after lunch and I would buy a can. How did I cut that behaviour? By simply not taking my wallet with me when I went for a walk - or, if I absolutely needed to, taking the exact amount of money I needed and no more. So recognize the situations in which you buy/acquire soda usually (for me, it was post-lunch walk and giant packs at home) and remove those sources. By making it less convenient for yourself, you're interrupting the habitual behaviour. Habitual behaviour is a huge part of how we enable our addictions. #psychmajor

I hope this was useful/not redundant! It took me a surprisingly short time to de-addict - after not drinking it for a month or so I suddenly realized I didn't even want it that often. YOU CAN DO THIS.

• Like 4

Thanks a lot for this big story! You´re definitely right, de-addicting with meditation (stress has been a big factor!), much water and intermittent fasting. Coffee is not an option and tea just the sorts which aren´t known for having much caffeine. But it is all fine, I´m not even craving. It´s more of a habit right now, sometimes it´s a social thing ("If you don´t want to eat something at burger king, you can at least have something to drink...").

I´m a bit afraid of my soda streak, saturday evening is a big birthday party of my guitar-player and there´s muuuuuch beer and whisky. Hope I´ll not drink a whisky coke when drunk in the night (or at least getting that drunk that I can´t remember it the other morning, so I can´t feel guilty^^)

• Like 1

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Thanks a lot for this big story! You´re definitely right, de-addicting with meditation (stress has been a big factor!), much water and intermittent fasting. Coffee is not an option and tea just the sorts which aren´t known for having much caffeine. But it is all fine, I´m not even craving. It´s more of a habit right now, sometimes it´s a social thing ("If you don´t want to eat something at burger king, you can at least have something to drink...").

I´m a bit afraid of my soda streak, saturday evening is a big birthday party of my guitar-player and there´s muuuuuch beer and whisky. Hope I´ll not drink a whisky coke when drunk in the night (or at least getting that drunk that I can´t remember it the other morning, so I can´t feel guilty^^)

Lol! Just have tasty craft beer instead
  • Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

That´s the plan! Mr.Birthday ordered a big barrel of craft beer and two bottles of Whisky (don´t know which one, but till now I always loved his taste, so it will be fine for sure), so I´m confident about it. I just hope he ordered that good stuff where you´re getting beaten when mixing it with coke :D

Challenge so far no problem, started to read about how to track your calories, how much macros you need for my goals etc because I got bored of my challenges so far :D

• Like 1

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Challenge so far no problem, started to read about how to track your calories, how much macros you need for my goals etc because I got bored of my challenges so far :D

well how could you know you'd be so awesome at quitting soda?!

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

That´s it, I thought I would fail latest after my 2nd or 3rd shift duty with less sleep than needed. :)

I´m just adapting to being awesome and more awesome every day now. Hell I´m establishing healthy habits I wanted to aim for next challenge! "Hmm, I could do a challenge about cleaning my apartement 10 mins daily..." ---- 2 days later I´m getting up earlier before work instead of sleeping, to clean up my kitchen and do laundry!!! My mum would ask me who I am and what I did to her son... :D

• Like 3

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Have been counting calories and macros the last two days and I´m surprised how well I did with it. Will give it a try for the next weeks and make my new challenge with it. Need those gainz, need protein!

Eating (way more) healthy, not drinking sh*t with sugar, working out, meditating regularly. Absolutely no problem at all, thanks to my fellow rebels and some people around me that have similar goals. Puck those feople at work with their candy and buck those fandmates with their burgers, I´m awesome and I feel it! :) 

This evening my diet will rely heavy on cold hop blossom tea (beer ;)), but I feel the greatest I can remember in a long time now and feel the gainz flowing through my nerdy muscles. Ladies, you´re welcome ;):P

• Like 3

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Chili con Carne, brownies, whisky (without any coke at all!), a barrel of my favourite beers (Reissdorf Kölsch; Kölsch is a cologne local beer), old school metal and headbanging with lots of beautiful women and some awesome guys. That´s how I love my timeouts from being healthy...and still awesome :)

Little hangover at work, sore neck, but I´m really fine :) After work I´ll head for the gym, don´t know why but it always helps when having a hangover to work out. Though I´ll not head for any records today ;)

• Like 1

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Meh, no gym for me after work yesterday. Was really wrecked after work, so technically I did 5/6 workouts in 2 weeks, I´ll try to fix this week by going 4 times and next week monday, wednesday, friday. It´s no perfect flawless for my taste, but the overall volume of workouts still fits. I just can´t decide which shirts I´ll take so I need this streak to buy all five!!!

Rest of the challenge still no problem.

• Like 1

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!