Starmadepath's Fitness Quest Log

Yesterday was a cardio day. I finally got in my presta to shrader valve adapter to refill my bike tires, and got my indoor trainer set up. I feel like I'm cheating fitness out of it's sick satisfaction in inflicting cruelty to those who seek to have it when I'm doing an interval bike riding work out while rolling up Katamaris. It was an excellent work out and left me wanting more. (P.S. I roll Katamari better while biking than while just sitting as it happens.)

I have always puzzled that sprinting feels so totally natural to me and running is a chore because it feel so damned awkward and I have trouble engaging my quads and hams (which everyone seems to think is just crazy, but it's true, I've been running primarily using my calves because they're big and powerful)

Too true. As I was building up to running continuously (even after being able to run 5K) it just felt awkward. My hams were the last to get in on the action, I finally figured out how to use them a couple months after I was able to go 5K. What a revelation. What really helped with that I was doing some running outside and running up a fairly steep hill, where the hamstrings are almost forced to be involved. I found a little shoeless running to be really good for getting the form down, especially foot striking.

Then again, the first time I tried sprinting, relatively recently, it felt totally natural as if I always did it. I hadn't been in a full sprint since the early 90's before that try. It shocked me how easy that was to do.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!