Last challenge ( http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/78224-lydiajaybird-gets-routine/) I focused on building a routine of weighing in regularly, only eating at home, and waking up on time. Did a pretty good job and lost 4.5 pounds to boot! Woohoo! (Dropped another pound as of this morning too :) )

Main Quest - Improve my routine and maintain it through the move to Florida

For this challenge, I'm going to add to the routine some (reintroduce regular running and carb counting!) while refocusing on the trouble areas from last time (waking up on time). The big difficulty for me is going to come after March 18, which is when I'm moving to Florida! I got a job down there (YASSS!!! AT LONG LAST!!!) & am packing up everything and moving on the 18th. So here is the challenge: dont lose my routine in the chaos of moving. It's really easy to say, 'oh the kitchen is all packed up, guess I gotta order delivery', because that is a VERY valid excuse. So I need to find a way around that. Gonna have to eat on the road on the 18th, so I need to have lunch and dinner packed already so I don't stop for fast food. Gonna need to make sure to pack all my kitchen stuff by the door of the Uhaul so I can grab it immediately and be able to start cooking immediately, rather than trying to dig through boxes to find things. You get the gist.

Goals

1. Get up & Go - Wake up at 6-6:30

2. Keto in the Kitchen - Eat only from-home food and keep track of carbs.

3. Routinely on the Road - Get out and run/walk three times a week.

Life Quest

Lose weight! 1 point extra credit/pound

Measurements

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 184.5 lbs

Waist: 31"

Hips: 44"

Thigh: 26.5"

Grading

Each goal will be graded weekly & be worth 1/3 of that week's total grade. Life Points are unlimited extra credit that can be added to my final score! My final grade will be the average of all four weeks plus my Life Goal extra credit. I need to make at least a B (80%) to pass the challenge.
Get up & Go - Last time I was grading based on whether or not I got up on time, but I found that it was making my bed in the morning, reading before bed at night, and what time I went to bed that determined how well I did. So, that's what I'm going to grade on. 1 point for reading before bed, 1 point for going to bed by 10pm, and 1 point for making my bed in the morning. 3 points total.

Keto in the Kitchen - 1 point for each meal made at home, 1 point for counting & reporting carbs. So 4/day possible. (Note I'm not grading on HOW MANY carbs I eat, just that I keep track of them. I've found that keeping track is more than half the battle when it comes to keto - if I'm counting, I'm generally in ketosis. I fall out of ketosis when I stop counting and get lazy.)

Routinely on the Road - 1 point for getting out and either walking or running. I'm saying walking OR running for two reasons. 1) While I say that that's 3 points/week, there's 7 days in a week, so I COULD get up to 4 points extra credit by going for extra walks throughout the week. Hopefully this will encourage me to get in the routine of getting up in the morning and going outside, even if not to run. And after all, this challenge is all about routine. 2) I have gotten BAD about my runs.... It's cold and I can't stand to go run in the cold. It's miserable. Your body is hot, but your skin is cold. Your nose is running faster than you are, and it hurts to breathe. UGH. So on particularly miserable mornings, this lets me say ok, its freezing, so I'm just going to bundle up and walk instead. Compared to running, that sounds like I'm losing, but considering that otherwise I wouldn't be doing anything at all, I call that a win.

Exceptions - my parents are helping move and its my mom's birthday on the 18th!!! So I don't lose home-food points for when we inevitably take her out to dinner. Also, if my parents want to take me out at any other point, I don't lose points for that either. Partly because I think its really rude to refuse when somebody wants to do something nice for you, and partly because my parents are health-nuts, so I'm not really concerned about what kind of food we'll end up eating. It'll be some nice restaurant with good, healthy options.

Motivation

I don't want to have to start over again after getting settled in Florida!! I want to settle into good habits that I'll keep for the years to come. Also (and this is shallow, but here goes), I want to look good in Florida! I'm starting a new job and I want to look great in my work clothes and make a good first impression with my peers. I'll be joining a new aerial studio down there and I want to feel confident walking in, not intimidated by all the gorgeous girls there. And it's Florida! It doesn't get below 50, so it's practically ALWAYS swimsuit season. My body is not swimsuit season ready, and it needs to be, haha.

• Like 2

Level 1 Half-elf Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 1

'From flabby geek to Sheik and Mystique'

Instagram: LJaybirdfly

Current Challenge:

Can't believe you're already moving, it feels like it's gone crazy fast.

Right??? At the same time it feels like moving day will never come, haha. Just let me goooo!!! ^-^

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

Weighed in this morning at 185. My inches are up though... shark week is incoming and so the bloat has begun -_- I expect the scale will go up too, so I'll just have to not get discouraged by that. Hate shark week.

In better news, I actually got up at 6:30!! WHAT!! AND I WENT RUNNING THIS MORNING!!! WHHAAAAAAATTTT!!!! It helped that the weather is getting nicer. Wasn't cold, didn't even need gloves. As for the waking up business, reading and then turning in by 10 makes a big difference! Also, I changed my alarm - I use the Sleep Cycle app, and Ive been noticing that I'm sort of naturally waking up, or at least leave deep sleep around 5:30, 5:40. So before I had the window for the app to wake me up set for 6-6:30, and so I'd sort of wake up at 5:30-5:40, and go back into deep sleep only to be dragged into wakefulness all groggy and shit when my alarm went off. So I changed the window to 5:30-6:30 so it can catch me when I'm naturally waking up and that seems to have been helpful! Popped right up in the am and made my bed. Wooo! Also, I have decided to grade the sleep thing by the night rather than by the day. So in today's grading, I will count what I did before sleep last night and upon waking up this morning, rather than counting what I did upon waking up this morning and what I WILL do before sleep tonight. I just think it makes more sense to group it that way.

Learned my lesson last challenge - keep track of grading!! So here's a little chart thing. Since RotR only has 3 points/week, I put those points on MWF (the days I want to run), and put 0 points on the other days in case I go for extra credit.

Get Up & Go         Keto in the Kitchen       Routinely on the Road

M                 3/3                                      ?/4                                                   1/1                        

T                 ?/3                                       ?/4                                                   ?/0                       

W                ?/3                                       ?/4                                                   ?/1                       

R                 ?/3                                       ?/4                                                   ?/0                       

F                  ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/1                        

Sa               ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/0                        

Su               ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/0

• Like 3

Current Challenge:

Nice chart. I track on paper, but that's making me think about switching. We'll see how many days I miss tracking on paper this month.

Your Mom's birthday is one day after mine!

• Like 2

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

Nice chart. I track on paper, but that's making me think about switching. We'll see how many days I miss tracking on paper this month.

Your Mom's birthday is one day after mine!

Thanks! I used to do paper also, but I like this for accountability reasons + I kept losing my paper chart xD

WE'RE PRACTICALLY TWINS

• Like 2

Current Challenge:

Oh man, staying on track while moving is like HARDCORE mode. Good luck!!! 

• Like 4

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Read and went to bed on time last night! Woot! & I woke up at 6:30 this morning, but I was cramping something fierce, so I just took some painkillers and crawled back in under the covers to wait for them to kick in. But I did make my bed upon finally crawling back out, so there's that. Did good on food yesterday too! 22 net carbs :) I'm extra proud of myself for that, cus I made an enchilada casserole for my boss - her son is dying and she was telling me the other day how she just cant bring herself to care about her diet right now, which is super fucking understandable, so I figured I could start making food for her that fits her diet so she doesnt have to worry about it. However, she does Weight Watchers, which isnt really compatible with keto, so I cant eat whatever I make her. It's hard to not sneak in some nibbles when cooking, or to keep from taste-testing when its done >.< But I didn't. Yay.

M                 3/3                                      4/4                                                   1/1                        

T                 3/3                                       ?/4                                                   0/0                       

W                ?/3                                       ?/4                                                   ?/1                       

R                 ?/3                                       ?/4                                                   ?/0                       

F                  ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/1                        

Sa               ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/0                        

Su               ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/0

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

I'm extra proud of myself for that, cus I made an enchilada casserole for my boss - her son is dying and she was telling me the other day how she just cant bring herself to care about her diet right now, which is super fucking understandable, so I figured I could start making food for her that fits her diet so she doesnt have to worry about it.

Oh, that's awful :( You're such an awesome friend though, for doing that! 

• Like 2

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

I started a blog: The Cognitive Itch
"Even in these chains, you can't stop me"

Weight loss goal: Drop from 247 to 160

36%
36%

Oh, that's awful :( You're such an awesome friend though, for doing that! 

I actually feel a little bit like an asshole when it comes to the situation. Everybody else in the office is being all comforting and clucking over her like a bunch of hens and shit, and I'm just sitting at my desk like hey I found a funny picture on reddit, plz laugh. Oh god, you're crying, I don't know what to do! Do I pretend I don't hear you so you aren't embarrassed? Do I give you a hug? I'm so awkward with this sort of thing... But cooking I can do!

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

I ate WAYY too much yesterday... like over 2000 calories. I was just SO HUNGRY!!! Idk if that's because I had a wimpier breakfast than usual or if its cus of shark week... But at least I stayed low-carb (ish)... Ended up with 42 net carbs :/ No surprise - my weight bounced up to 188 this morning >.< Aaaand I didnt go running... But I'm going to try to go when I get home!! GOTTA GET CUTE FOR FLORIDA. Also, didn't make my bed this morning... Oops. But I did read and go to bed on time last night, so there's that.

M                 3/3                                      4/4                                                   1/1                        

T                 3/3                                       4/4                                                   0/0                       

W                2/3                                       ?/4                                                   ?/1                       

Su               ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/0

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

In case anybody wondered how awkward I am - gave my boss the casserole today and she hugged me and I was just sitting there, stiff as a board like 'wat is happening?!? What do I do?!?!" Then later I was like, ohhhh probs shoulda hugged her back. Damn I'm awkward >.<

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

Hahaha, aww. Such a nice gesture though! You done good.

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Haha, just a quick aside - is it super obvious that I've got almost nothing to do at work in my last couple weeks here? I feel like I go to work, do two things, and then just spend the rest of the day on the forums xD

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

Haha, just a quick aside - is it super obvious that I've got almost nothing to do at work in my last couple weeks here? I feel like I go to work, do two things, and then just spend the rest of the day on the forums xD

Ha, I'd noticed you liking some of my posts at all hours.

• Like 1

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

Went running when I got home from work yesterday! Woot! It sucked a little extra though, cus of awkwardness... So a while ago, I ordered these new leggings (peacock feather pattern!) & they're all cute and shit, but despite being a size large they're like, oh no, you have too much thigh and butt, peace out. (Which is super rude of them... my other L leggings are great friends with my butt and thighs!!) But anyways, just for shits and giggles, I decided to try them on yesterday and they fit now! Yay! So I go running in them. At which point they decided they didn't fit after all. Walking? Fine. The second I start running? Nope, just kidding, byyyyeee sliding down now. I literally had to pull them back up every other minute >.< So I guess I need to lose some more weight before I can run in those... Also, had 25 net carbs yesterday woohoo. And I did all the sleep things, so go me. I ALMOST got up and went for a walk this morning, but then laziness overtook me and I curled up with my kitty instead. Oh, and silks class is this evening! Yay! ... anybody know how to put silks into MyFitnessPal?

T                 3/3                                       4/4                                                   0/0                       

W                2/3                                       4/4                                                   1/1                       

R                 3/3                                       ?/4                                                   0/0                       

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

I love just looking at 7-day weight trends when that happens on the scale. It helps a lot with getting a better feel for what's happening because daily weight is craycray when it comes to consistency. 

GJ getting your run in but boooo about the pants! Sneaky pants!

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

Oh yeah, wearing pants that almost fit is so much worse than pants that don't fit at all because it's so unexpected. But now they're Motivation Pants!

• Like 2

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

Past Challenges:

So I WAS doing fantastic yesterday... Had 25 net carbs. And then I went to silks. And it was my last class before I move (teacher has an audition next week, so no class), and everybody was so sweet, they had a card for me that everybody had signed and then they brought out cupcakes and oreos... D= And I couldn't be like, lolno I'm on a diet, cus they got them for me that would be so rude! So I ate one... and then a couple oreos :(( And then I got home and my roommate's boyfriend was like hey check it out donuts! And, as starsapart put it, I ate like an asshole :( And then I didn't go running this morning and ate more carbs. Ugh gotta get my head back in it... Just gonna have to run when I get home AND STOP EATING CARBS HOLY CRAP STAHP. Oh & I weighed in at 185 this morning.

W                2/3                                       4/4                                                   1/1                       

R                 3/3                                       3/4                                                   0/0                       

F                  3/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/1                        

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

I actually feel a little bit like an asshole when it comes to the situation. Everybody else in the office is being all comforting and clucking over her like a bunch of hens and shit, and I'm just sitting at my desk like hey I found a funny picture on reddit, plz laugh. Oh god, you're crying, I don't know what to do! Do I pretend I don't hear you so you aren't embarrassed? Do I give you a hug? I'm so awkward with this sort of thing... But cooking I can do!

When I lost family, the people I appreciated the most were the ones who stopped talking and helped out by doing chores that needed doing, ran errands, or provided food in front of me (regardless of my lack of appetite).  I probably would have starved for a couple of weeks if it hadn't been for a couple of good helpers.  It was just hard, for me, to muster up the will to care about mundane things during those times.  But those things (like eating) still needed doing.

• Like 2

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Well. I was doing so great at the start of the week... Lost track of carbs yesterday too :( & didn't read before bed, just sort of passed out. Oh & I didn't go running & Im SO MAD as to why!!!

(if you dont want to read my rant, just skip this paragraph)

So I didn't go in the morning because I was being lazy, totally my fault, oh well, I'll go after work. & then my boyfriend texted me at like 4:30 and wanted to see me, so I told him that after work, I needed to go run, shower, and eat, but he could meet me at home at 7. He said he didn't want to wait that long and asked if I could just run the next day (today). I was like, well... I mean, I could, but I'd really rather not, cus I'm trying to establish a routine. & he started guilt tripping me about how well today you're making me wait on you to go, but tomorrow you'll have all day. Which works, which I hate. So I tell him I really don't appreciate being guilt-tripped, but fine, just come over whenever. So I just go home and eat and wait. And wait. And wait. THE SHIT FINALLY SHOWED UP AT 7:30!!!!!!! I COULD HAVE GONE RUNNING!!!! *fuming* Yeah, how dare I make you wait while you hang out with your friends downtown so I can go running (WHEN YOU KNOW THAT IM REALLY TRYING TO GET HEALTHIER AND THAT THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME), but you can take your sweet time doing whatever you want while I sit at home on the couch by myself waiting for you?!??!! NO. NOT OKAY. It's horrible, but I'm getting to the point where I'm really not going to be all that upset about breaking up with him to move to Florida. MY TIME IS VALUABLE TOO, ASSHOLE.

My mood right now:

giphy.gif

Grr. Anyways. So here's where I stand with points. Oh & I weighed in at 189 this morning. -_- *flips table*

R                 3/3                                       3/4                                                   0/0                       

F                  3/3                                       3/4                                                   0/1                        

Sa               2/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/0                        

Current Challenge:

So I WAS doing fantastic yesterday... Had 25 net carbs. And then I went to silks. And it was my last class before I move (teacher has an audition next week, so no class), and everybody was so sweet, they had a card for me that everybody had signed and then they brought out cupcakes and oreos... D= And I couldn't be like, lolno I'm on a diet, cus they got them for me that would be so rude! So I ate one... and then a couple oreos :(( And then I got home and my roommate's boyfriend was like hey check it out donuts! And, as starsapart put it, I ate like an asshole :( And then I didn't go running this morning and ate more carbs. Ugh gotta get my head back in it... Just gonna have to run when I get home AND STOP EATING CARBS HOLY CRAP STAHP. Oh & I weighed in at 185 this morning.

Umm, oops? At least tomorrow is a whole new week.

• Like 1

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

Past Challenges: