So I have discovered how to not make running boring (after running out of content on Zombies! Run! & not being able to get the new content until I can update my ipod, which is too old to update... I hate you, Apple) - AUDIOBOOKS. Listened to the first chapter of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on my run yesterday! Looking forward to chapter 2 tomorrow! Also, I counted carbs.... all the way past 100... >.< GET BACK IN IT GIRL. Ugh. I get derailed too easily... I'm super awesome until I mess up & then its like a downhill slide. Anywho. Stayed up way too late skyping my sister and playing minecraft (I built a windmill!! Yay!), so no reading before bed, and def didn't go to bed on time. Oops. Then spent a couple hours at the state museum with my boyfriend, who was pretty cute about making a point about being on time and letting me know when he'd get there, etc. Awe ~<3 learned your lesson, hahaha. I'm kinda tempted to count that for Routinely on the Road? Cus we were walking? But slowly meandering through exhibits is not really the same thing as an actual walk. But I am going to get some exercise in today! Silks class is having open gym! And I've got one more class on my punchcard that I will otherwise not get to use, plus I need to put in all the exercise I can to get fit, so Imma go! Yay! Oh, & weighed in at 184.5 this morning. Shark week seems to be at an end, and with it, the dreaded bloat! (I hope.)

Get Up & Go         Keto in the Kitchen       Routinely on the Road

M                 3/3                                      4/4                                                   1/1                        

T                 3/3                                       4/4                                                   0/0                       

W                2/3                                       4/4                                                   1/1                       

R                 3/3                                       3/4                                                   0/0                       

F                  3/3                                       3/4                                                   0/1                        

Sa               2/3                                       4/4                                                  1/0                        

Su               1/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/0

Level 1 Half-elf Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 1

'From flabby geek to Sheik and Mystique'

Instagram: LJaybirdfly

Current Challenge:

Did this in open gym! =D Overall it was a great session. I felt really strong for once - normally I feel just flabby and weak, trying to haul myself around on the silks. Also did my first dive!! Unfortunately, there's no video evidence, cus it was painful to get into & I decided I didn't want to do it a second time, hahaha.

Silken Bird

• Like 3

Current Challenge:

Normally I'd do this next day, but since its the last day in the week - today's net carbs were 31! Much better!!

Final score for week 1: 91.27%!!! Great start to the challenge!! =D

M                 3/3                                      4/4                                                   1/1                        

T                 3/3                                       4/4                                                   0/0                       

W                2/3                                       4/4                                                   1/1                       

R                 3/3                                       3/4                                                   0/0                       

F                  3/3                                       3/4                                                   0/1                        

Sa               2/3                                       4/4                                                  1/0                        

Su               1/3                                       4/4                                                  0/0

Current Challenge:

Aaand weight fluctuations are still here. 189 this morning. -_- Oh well. I'd like if on one of the down-drops it would drop below my starting weight... that'd be really nice. Progress would be greatly appreciated. Also, I was lazy this morning... Woke up at six, and just stayed cuddled up in bed with my kitty cat for an hour and a half and then was like, oh well, too late to go running now! >.< Bad Lydia. (I blame Bowie-kitty. She was using my hand as a pillow and hugging my arm like a teddy bear. How could I disturb such cuteness???) So I'll go after work, but I need to be running in the morning...

Week 1: 91.27%

M                 3/3                                      ?/4                                                   ?/1                        

T                 ?/3                                       ?/4                                                   ?/0                       

W                ?/3                                       ?/4                                                   ?/1                       

R                 ?/3                                       ?/4                                                   ?/0                       

F                  ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/1                        

Sa               ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/0                        

Su               ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/0

Current Challenge:

Aerial silks are so awesome! I discovered a place nearby has some classes for them! I'll have to see if sometime I can fit that in.

DOOO IIIITTTT!!! =D

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

Went running after work, yay. But now my legs are achy, booo.... :( Also, went sorta overboard on food - 50 carbs... :/ And now its reading time. Night all!! ^-^

M                 3/3                                      4/4                                                   1/1                        

T                 ?/3                                       ?/4                                                   ?/0                       

W                ?/3                                       ?/4                                                   ?/1                       

R                 ?/3                                       ?/4                                                   ?/0                       

F                  ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/1                        

Sa               ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/0                        

Su               ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/0

Current Challenge:

Lovely pose!

And be patient grasshopper, the weight will go. Are you tracking overall calories as well carbs?

<3

Yeah, I'm generally eating between 1300-1700. I find that I just naturally eat fewer calories when I restrict my carbs, though, so I'm being stricter on the carb end. (plus keto things, of course)

Current Challenge:

I do not envy any keto-y regulation. Intense stuff! Have you tried tracking your 5-day or 7-day weight average in addition to daily weight? I find it does a really nice job of avoiding the daily weight noise and helping you feel like you are actually seeing progress in the overall, if not in the day-to-day. Especially if you are going to be extra carb-reactive from eating such low carb most of the time, having those little peaks not be as SHOCKING to view may be nice. 

Hooray for silks -- love the pic! -- and good job getting your run in. :)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I do not envy any keto-y regulation. Intense stuff! Have you tried tracking your 5-day or 7-day weight average in addition to daily weight? I find it does a really nice job of avoiding the daily weight noise and helping you feel like you are actually seeing progress in the overall, if not in the day-to-day. Especially if you are going to be extra carb-reactive from eating such low carb most of the time, having those little peaks not be as SHOCKING to view may be nice. 

Hooray for silks -- love the pic! -- and good job getting your run in. :)

Excellent idea. So last week's average was 186 pounds. Hopefully this week's will be lower! I was 188 this morning though.

Current Challenge:

Did pretty good today. Got up at 6:30!!! My Get Up & Go goal is working!! =D Reading+bedtime+making my bed appear to be the secret recipe to morning-person success. But now that I'm getting up more or less when I want to, I've got to work on the GO part. It's not part of my challenge, but still, those runs need to happen in the AM!!!! So we'll see if I can get my run knocked out tomorrow morning.

Normally this would be the part where I hop in bed to read a chapter before sleep, but... I FINISHED MY BOOK. *crying* I've been trying to stretch out the last Game of Thrones book (yeah, yeah, song of fire & ice, w/e, everybody calls them game of thrones) by only reading one or two chapters each night to help with sleep.... but today I cracked, came home from work and just read all evening >.< AND NOW THERES NONE LEFT TO READ UNTIL MARTIN FINISHES THE NEXT ONE. *sobbing* And most of my other books are already packed away... So it's down to The Power of Habit (which I HIGHLY recommend so far, but which is not really a lull you to sleep type book... more a take notes and change your life thing) and one of the Warcraft lore books. So I guess I'm about to finally start learning my Warcraft lore. But not tonight. I think I'm just going to bed early... My head is swimming with dragons and intrigue & I don't think it'll change gears super easily.

Oh, & I had 28 carbs today. Woohoo. I think I need to start changing my breakfasts though... I eat two slices of bacon and an omelet every morning, which is GREAT on the keto side, but that's over 500 calories and makes it kinda hard to have satisfying meals the rest of the day... But not eating a solid breakfast makes me SUPER grouchy & peckish all day! So I'm thinking about maybe switching out the omelet for either scrambled or fried eggs. Less cheese & butter = less calories. Hopefully that would still be filling even though it'd be fewer fats... Idk. Maybe I just need to start drinking decaf coffee & tea at all hours to keep me full. (& drinking more water won't help... I already drink a gallon every day. I dont know if its possible to drink more without drowning, haha.)

M                 3/3                                      4/4                                                   1/1                        

T                 3/3                                       4/4                                                    0/0                       

Current Challenge:

I’m another breakfast person. I do two eggs with a bit of cheese, a fruit, a cup of veggies with a quarter cup of dip made from plain greek yogurt mixed with dried herbs (from whole milk, not fat free because it tastes so much better), and either a piece of toast or home fries. It’s generally between 400 and 500 calories, but without the bread, it could be 300-400, and the veggies and fruit have lots of fiber and liquid to fill you up. If I skip the veggies, I always end up hungry an hour earlier.

• Like 1

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

Dude, I am soooooooo annoyed with keto right now, lol. I've been on for most of the new year now, but I haven't lost. One. Freaking. Pound. after losing 35 last year. I even just posted in one of the reddit keto threads for help, which is huge for me cause reddit scares me. All I want to do now since it hasn't been working is eat all of the Easter candy. 

• Like 1

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

I started a blog: The Cognitive Itch
"Even in these chains, you can't stop me"

Weight loss goal: Drop from 247 to 160

36%
36%

Dude, I am soooooooo annoyed with keto right now, lol. I've been on for most of the new year now, but I haven't lost. One. Freaking. Pound. after losing 35 last year. I even just posted in one of the reddit keto threads for help, which is huge for me cause reddit scares me. All I want to do now since it hasn't been working is eat all of the Easter candy. 

How weird. & here I am complaining after just a week of no weight loss. Keto works though - I lost 31 pounds doing it last year. And then I gained over 15 back when I stopped and now I'm restarting... So I know it works as a general thing! I just don't know why its not working right now... For my part, maybe I'm being impatient... Idk about for you :/ Link to the reddit thread? I want to see what they say. (I love that subreddit, as an aside :) )

Current Challenge:

Yeah, fiber is a good thing -- even for keto, right? I am fuzzy on the details there. GRRM needs to hurry the fuck up with his books. I don't even really like them anymore but I still want to know what happens...

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Yeah, fiber is a good thing -- even for keto, right? I am fuzzy on the details there. GRRM needs to hurry the fuck up with his books. I don't even really like them anymore but I still want to know what happens...

Yup! Fiber is an excellent thing! It's technically a carb though, so ketoers subtract their fiber from their total carbs to get their net carbs for the day.

Ugh, GRRM PLEEAAASSEEEE. Im DYING >.< Allegedly #6 will be out by the end of the year, but... we'll see. I'm happy the show decided to just keep producing with their own story, though, gives me something to satisfy my GoT needs, even if the story is different from the written one. I know lots of people are mad about that, but I'm just kind of shrugging it off as a parallel universe. I PREFER the book universe, but I enjoy the show universe too!

Current Challenge:

Ugh... I went over to see my friend after work today, cus she won't be able to make my going-away party this weekend, and we drank wine and had dinner and watched netflix, and my carbs weren't TOO bad - 44. Not good, but not awful. But HOLY SHIT my calories went sky-high. I went with white wine and cheese to keep the carbs down, but that didn't save me from calories >.< So I guess I'm not allowed to complain about not dropping any pounds for the rest of the week after that... >.< Also, its already 10 & I'm only just home... so I'm not gonna get all my sleep points either. :/

OH. ALSO. I need your help!! My going away party is on Saturday - I need some sort of plan of attack!!!! People are going to be showing up all day with booze, how do I keep my calories from going overboard like they did today?!??! I'm not really going to be able to choose what people bring me... :(

T                 3/3                                       4/4                                                    0/0                       

W                3/3                                       2/4                                                   1/1                       

Current Challenge:

You don't choose what people bring you, but you choose what you eat. Have something that works with your daily allotment out (veggie crudite? hummus? caulifower rice?) and munch on that over the other things. I'd say you should feel comfortable having a good time and enjoying the things people bring for you as it IS a party for you, but if that doesn't meet with your goals right now, set yourself up for better success by making sure you'll have food that works for you at your house already and leave the treats people bring for your guests. :)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

Learned something today: it's not BREAKFAST that determines how grouchy/peckish I am, its just my first meal. I learned this by oversleeping A LOT, not having time to even think about breakfast, and dashing off to work without a single bite. Was totally fine till lunchtime, but my lunch was sort of meager, and lo and behold! I was peckish and grouchy the rest of the day! So now I'm seriously considering just eating two larger meals every day. Would save me time in the morning and would let me have bigger meals. Maybe I could even start working some minor IF into my life. People on the keto reddit rave about IF, but I never thought it would be an option for me b/c of my breakfast fixation. *shrug* we will see, but it was an interesting thing to learn about myself. Oh, & I netted 20 carbs today :)

W                3/3                                       2/4                                                   1/1                       

R                 0/3                                       4/4                                                   0/0                       

Current Challenge:

Woke up at 6 this morning!!! ^-^ It's going to be super important for me to keep up with my wake up times... Today is my last day at the office, and then I've got two weeks before I start at my new job; so if I start slacking on when I wake up during those two weeks, its going to be SO HARD to get up on time for the new job! Especially because it looks like the new job starts an hour earlier in the day than my current office does... So I might need to be getting up even EARLIER.  -_- Maybe its time to invest in a coffee machine... 

Anyways, did my run this morning, woo, and wrecked my iPod, boo... I was so dumb - past few weeks I've been wearing a sweatshirt to run and just stuck my iPod in the front pocket, but it was warmer this morning, so I just wore a light jacket... but I still stuck my iPod in the little pocket & it fell out pretty much instantly. :( And then I accidentally stepped on it D= It still works... but the screen is shattered. I get little specks of glass/plastic/whatever the screen is made out of on my finger every time I use it now.

Weighed in 185 this morning. Yay back down the lower end of my 4-pound pendulum. Wish the whole pendulum would go down >.< Also! Managed to fit into my size 10 NY&Co pants this morning!!! It was a squeeze and they arent super comfortable, but they're on! Which is good, because my entire work closet is M shirts, size 10 pants and I cant afford to buy a new wardrobe before I start the new job... (I've been wearing my crappy old retail uniform black pants at the current office for the past month or two... but I want to look nice at the new one!!) Hopefully they'll fit more comfortably when I start at the end of the month...

Week 1: 91.27%

R                 0/3                                       4/4                                                   0/0                       

F                  3/3                                       ?/4                                                  1/1                        

Su               ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/0

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

Ugh... I went over to see my friend after work today, cus she won't be able to make my going-away party this weekend, and we drank wine and had dinner and watched netflix, and my carbs weren't TOO bad - 44. Not good, but not awful. But HOLY SHIT my calories went sky-high. I went with white wine and cheese to keep the carbs down, but that didn't save me from calories >.< So I guess I'm not allowed to complain about not dropping any pounds for the rest of the week after that... >.< Also, its already 10 & I'm only just home... so I'm not gonna get all my sleep points either. :/

OH. ALSO. I need your help!! My going away party is on Saturday - I need some sort of plan of attack!!!! People are going to be showing up all day with booze, how do I keep my calories from going overboard like they did today?!??! I'm not really going to be able to choose what people bring me... :(

Set up a dish of stuff you can have (veggie platter or meat and cheese platter are quick and easy), and make sure you've got something non-caloric to drink. If people see you with a drink, they'll try to push a new one on you less often.

You'll still probably eat more than you mean to, but if you eat less than you would have, it's a partial success.

And have fun!

• Like 1

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

An update is greatly overdue. I had a fantastic, albeit counterproductive weekend. I got a cheese/meat tray for my party, but I'm sure my carbs were sky-high anyways from all the booze alone. And then the next day a couple of my friends that hadn't been able to make it on Saturday wanted me to come over... and they had pizza D= (And more alcohol. I think I'm still detoxing, hahahaha) Then yesterday I spent most of the day packing and missed my run... and got lunch with my old boss (dont know HOW MANY carbs, but I know it was low-carb) and then my boyfriend took me to see Zootopia! It was great!! Still got some packing to do, but its getting to the awkward miscellany stage where nothing really goes together... might have to just start throwing things in boxes at random. And my roomie told me I could go ahead & pack up my kitchen stuff and just use her stuff for the next couple days, so I might do that today as well. Oh & despite all my talk about needing to work hard about keeping my sleep routine I've done HORRIBLY on that... It was more or less inevitable Saturday & Sunday b/c of the partying, but I have no excuse for yesterday. Gonna have to do better tonight.

Week 1: 91.27%

F                  3/3                                       4/4                                                  1/1                        

Sa               2/3                                       3/4                                                  0/0                        

Su               0/3                                       2/4                                                  0/0

Total for week 2: 82.94% well not awesome, but still a B.

And then this week so far:

M                0/3                                      2/4                                                    0/1                        

T                 1/3                                       ?/4                                                    ?/0                       

R                 ?/3                                       ?/4                                                   ?/0                       

F                  ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/1                        

Sa               ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/0                        

Su               ?/3                                       ?/4                                                  ?/0

• Like 2

Current Challenge:

So I'm moved in to my apartment in Florida, yay!! Just got a few boxes left to unpack and sort. Also, I dont actually have internet yet... hence the radio silence. Right now I'm using my Dad's iPad as a hotspot to get some updates out. Im pretty sure I failed last week... Staying on track while moving is haaarrddd >.< *whine, whine, complain* Didn't go running, didn't count carbs, got taken out to dinner by my parents a bunch... :( And I'd packed all my books so no reading before bed, was staying up late to keep packing... Basically the only thing I was still doing was making my bed and waking up around 7. But since I'm more or less moved in now, I should be able to get back into the swing of things this final week!! I'm going to double jeopardy it - so my score for this week can be my score for last week too. Keep that motivation up.

Current Challenge: