Laureleye ups the ante

Laureleye

I've sort of played along the last two challenges, so the plan is to work a little harder this time around and change things up.

1.  Keep on tracking what I eat everyday AND keep to 1400 calories 5 days/week.

2.  Continue to take my meds on time AND add back in the supplements I haven't been taking all year.

3.  10k steps/day OR a gym session 6 days/week. 

4.  Keep on exploring DC and environs OR work on something crafty 5 days/week.

(Brownie points for posting on time).

• Like 1

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Despite my lungs still being a bit rough from Friday's asthma episode, I got myself off to a good start.  I skipped the gym this morning, but took a couple of walks around the building during the day, so I still got my steps in.  I nailed my calorie tracking and felt good.  Didn't do anything creative, but I got my pills all set up for the week and got them taken at the correct time.  Stupid asthma leaves me pretty tired, so I'm off to bed early.

• Like 2

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Tuesday

Hit all the high spots.  I got in my steps, took all my meds/supplements on time, spent an hour working on jewelry, tracked and nailed the calorie target again.  I made lunches and breakfasts for the week, and that was pretty much all I had time for.

Wednesday

Had a super day, even if I was a little short on steps.  Crazy busy with meetings, so not much time to wander around.  There was a brunch event at work, and someone brought egg muffins so I was able to join in and eat well.  I was careful the rest of the day because I was going out with friends to dinner and wasn't sure where we were headed.  I ended up being able to get grilled salmon and veggies so I had to have some milk to get about my lower calorie threshold.  Took all my meds, but got home too late for any crafting.  My asthma is nearly 100% back under control, so I've got gym plans for next week. 

• Like 2

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thursday turned out to be one of those work days that afford us so little fun.  I was slated to teach all of the big-wigs on the use of the Samsung Galaxy S5.  So I've been making handouts etc. and today printed them all and set up my equipment and practiced using Sidesync.  And no one showed up.  Why is it that everyone has time to do things the wrong/hard way, but no time for training?  However, I didn't let it get me down tooooo much.  I managed to get everything in except some crafting.  I'm really on a roll with my eating and tracking; the best part is that I'm eating good food, not low calorie junk.  Tomorrow's my Friday off, but I'm not sure yet what I'll do.  The weather looks a bit iffy, so I'll make a list tomorrow AM of everything I want for the weekend and sort it out depending on the weather situation then.

• Like 2

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Friday

Friday was my day off.  I had a fun little jaunt (I'm easily amused).  I started out at a Sherwin-Williams store & picked up a bundle of their historic paint colors.  Then I did a little drifting and wandering, went out to lunch, hit TJ's and then back home.  A box intended for Pasadena inadvertently got shipped here.  I checked the contents (some neat 100 yr old light fixtures), did a little repack, and added a couple of other house design items.  I got in all my meds/supplements on time, got in my steps, and hit my calorie target for a pretty good day.

Saturday

Today, not as good.  Last night I dreamed that my husband and I were touring DC together; it feels so real when you're dreaming, and it feels so rotten when you realize it was a dream.  Kinda left me down in the dumps, but I guess I did okay anyway.  I hit the museum of art, and went thru the furniture display again.  I had coffee out, and my little snack put me a tad over my calories; but I was still under 1500 for the day, so not too bad.  Got in all my steps and took my meds/supplements on time.  Vacuumed the house too.  Planning on an early night & hope I feel perkier tomorrow.

• Like 1

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Dreaming about your husband must be so emotionally intense.. I can't imagine. I'm glad you were able to carry on with your day despite the rough start. Your strength is really an inspiration.

Always feels weird when someone says something like this, because I actually always feel like a wimp.  However, I think this time I'll trust Fonzico's take on reality rather than my own. 

Woke up with a sore throat, so I toned down today's plans.  I did go to a mall and do a little mall walking, but only made 8k steps for the day.  I had an appetite problem, but I did eat enough.  I got lunches and stuff put together for the next couple of days, got a couple loads of wash done, but didn't work too hard.  Since my vintage jewelry hooks (from eBay) just arrived, I was finally able to finish restringing my crystal necklace.  I made up a couple of pair of earrings which turned out well, but the 1st of my bracelets didn't quite turn out.  I'm using a new type of finding (for me), and it ended up strung too tight.  Pictures tomorrow. 

I really feel like I had a good week one.  I really ate well, and kept on target.  A little roughness with my asthma, but I didn't let it turn me into a couch potato.  Got out and about, and had some fun with my jewelry. 

• Like 2

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Always feels weird when someone says something like this, because I actually always feel like a wimp.  However, I think this time I'll trust Fonzico's take on reality rather than my own. 

Woke up with a sore throat, so I toned down today's plans.  I did go to a mall and do a little mall walking, but only made 8k steps for the day.  I had an appetite problem, but I did eat enough.  I got lunches and stuff put together for the next couple of days, got a couple loads of wash done, but didn't work too hard.  Since my vintage jewelry hooks (from eBay) just arrived, I was finally able to finish restringing my crystal necklace.  I made up a couple of pair of earrings which turned out well, but the 1st of my bracelets didn't quite turn out.  I'm using a new type of finding (for me), and it ended up strung too tight.  Pictures tomorrow. 

I really feel like I had a good week one.  I really ate well, and kept on target.  A little roughness with my asthma, but I didn't let it turn me into a couch potato.  Got out and about, and had some fun with my jewelry. 

There is no "feel like" about it. You had an amazing week one.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Off to a good week 2 start here.  Work was too much sitting, but a trip to the store after fixed things up.  Still with the appetite problem, so only a bowl of soup for dinner and needed a couple of chunks of dark chocolate to make it above 1200 calories (my minimum).  No idea what that's about.  But everything I did eat was good, so I'm okay.  Baked some chicken and pork chops.  Fixed the messed up bracelet and finished it's mate.  Still no pictures, I know, but I'll get them done. 

Steps:  11k

Meds/supplements:  done on time

Crafting:  done

tracking/calorie limit A-OK. 

Even managed to check out a couple of threads out there. 

• Like 1

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Congrats!

Thanks.  It was great little picker-upper in a day full of meeeeeeeeeeeeeeetings.  I ran an errand after work, so I managed to squeak out 10k steps.  I got last week's FitBit report at 71k, so a good average for last week.  I got in all my meds/supplements, and nailed my calorie target.  I worked up an entire necklace out of beads from 3 junk necklaces.  I've taken the long-promised picture, I'll I need to do is post it.

• Like 1

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

What a week it's been so far.  Wednesday was another day full of meetings, including an announcement by the deputy that he was giving 2 weeks notice; scrambling to figure out who is going to take on what.  Some good news - I'll get to finish out my detail here in DC and don't need to go home early.  Long about the 5th meeting, a headache blossomed, but the day wasn't done yet.  I still had a coffee & cake to attend for a retirement.  Ate a small piece of cake, but it was enough to push me over my calorie target a bit.  I got my steps in though, managed my meds, and did a little easy creative work by taking apart a couple of more junk necklaces.

Today was only 3 meetings, but long and boring (although I guess that goes without saying).  I was on target with my eating today; had some of that nummy baked acorn squash and chicken for lunch.  I'm a little short on steps today; I guess my meetings were too close together.  I strung a necklace, but didn't finish it off with a clasp yet.  Miss kitty says I should get myself to bed, and I think I'll listen. 

• Like 2

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

F4iday I was sure ready for the week to end. More planning due to the deputy CIO departure, and I've taken on two new huge projects. Tried to finish up some small projects. Got my steps in, my meds, and did some beading.

I had stopped my anti-depressants at the end of the last challenge, and mostly doing good. I'm have liitle rough spots, including this morning. But I got out to the Natural History museum, and did bones and mummies. Ate lunch at at a tandoori grill and tried a different coffe house which was terrific. Finished up with a trip to TJS. A little over my calories but with 17k steps I'm not worried. So I had a good day.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• Like 3

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Hmmm...I know I did a post and it's not here.  Assuming I missed the post button, so I'll try to catch up.

Sunday I did a couple of errands, but mostly stayed home.  Vacuumed the house, cleaned the bathroom, and caught up on the laundry.  On target eating, with meds, and did some necklace stringing.

Monday was pretty good.  Nailed everything; steps, meds, eating, and finished up my necklace.  I'd planned to start working out, but I had a horrible day with my asthma.

Today was another wacky day at work.  Lots of meetings and running around.  Ended up with lots of steps, but ended up with some extra calories too.  At least it was some extra nuts, not candy cookies or junk.  All my meds are in but no jewelry making or anything.  I've got lunches and stuff made for the rest of the week.  But I got the day off to a good start, I got to use my new water-filter shower head.  My hair looked much better today, and hopefully better tomorrow.  It was so weird; my hair was all staticy and greasy looking at the same time.  My asthma's much better today; hopefully feeling back up to snuff tomorrow. 

• Like 1

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I tried to post last night, but the site seems to have been down, so I'm catching up now.  I'm really wanting to post every day, or I just seem to start sliding.

Wednesday, 3/16.  I was busy on a variety of things; more meetings transitioning tasks from the Deputy plus some cleanups.  We've got about 100 laptops incoming and our two little storage rooms are a mess.  I tossed about 1/2 a dumpster's worth of antique Blackberry accessories and generally just grouped like items.  I installed monitors for two staff.  I had a nice long rest at some meetings between them, so my lungs had plenty of recovery time.  I was spot-on for calories and steps.  I got last week's report - 78k.  A couple of days of not having nasty metallic-water coating my hair has made a difference, although the wave is yet to come back. 

• Like 1

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

The site was down for a while last nite. It can be tough getting rid of old tech in Govt (I assume you're in a govt job). The hoarding tendencies of an organization increase in a geometric progression the larger the organization is.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath