Laureleye ups the ante

Laureleye

The site was down for a while last nite. It can be tough getting rid of old tech in Govt (I assume you're in a govt job). The hoarding tendencies of an organization increase in a geometric progression the larger the organization is.

Yup, I'm a guvvie all right.  Fortunately, this was just "stuff" not equipment, so it could go in the trash. 

Well, didn't get my self off to a good start; I left my FitBit at home!  I figured it out just when I left for my lunch coffee run, so I got it on the way.  Fortunately, I'm pretty up on my pre/post coffee run numbers so I was able to input a pretty solid number ... and yes I made 10k steps.  I did okay on my eating and meds today too.  Got my prepped income tax stuff in the mail for a bit a shock, I owe a little more than I expected.  No way align my withholding 'cause who knew what I'd need with all of last year's life changes?  My tax guy thinks I'm okay for next year tho.  I made up some meat, but it won't get baked till tomorrow.  Tomorrow's my day off; I'm going to run some errands and just enjoy the weather we're having. 

• Like 2

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

well, I'm behind again and trying to catch up.  I really did try to post Friday but the site was down again.  I had a good weekend for everything but tracking.  Got 27k steps Friday and Saturday.  Yesterday I hit the orchid display at the botanical garden, the American Indian museum, and had lunch with friends.  Today was cleaning and prep for next week.  I got some chicken and pork chops baked so I'm good for lunches all week.  Gave the kitchen a good cleaning, vacuumed the house, and did 3 loads of laundry in my miniature washer and dryer.  Just to make sure I get back on track for next week, I've already tracked tomorrow's food.  Planning on a strong week.

• Like 2

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

A good Monday, although I barely managed my 10k.  I was glad I had my lunch with me; there was a working lunch & pizza was on the menu.  I brought my lunch and avoided the pizza.  I took all my meds on time, but was a little late with the supplements.  I try to get them at dinner, but forgot until bedtime.  I finished off a necklace I'd beaded - adding the clasp and it's all done. 

• Like 2

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Oh, what a long day.  Started out with a headache, but had to go in to manage a conference call and meet with the deputy on some projects I'm taking over.  A long grueling meeting + cookies + headache = bad combination.  Couldn't bypass the cookies, BUT I tracked and really kept it down to 1600 cal for day, so no disaster.  Then of to the pharmacy after work.  It took me over an hour and a half of back and forth with my insurance company to get my prescription straightened out.  So late getting home.  I only had time to eat and prep a lunch for tomorrow.  Bleah.  I did get my meds/supplements in on time, but no time (or patience) for beading or anything else.  Hoping for more fun tomorrow.

• Like 1

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Wednesday was crazy.  We held a big cleanup day, doing phase 2 of the clean up of 3 small storage rooms and the server room.  I was in charge of sorting and tagging the keep/excess/recycle/trash.  A lot of work & got in about 14k steps.  In between, I had my final meetings with the deputy to take over projects.  By the time those and the cleanup were done I was wiped out.  None of my project meetings were good news; equipment orders aren't right; certain equipment was promised to staff, but not ordered.  New devices don't come with CD/DVD drives, so he ordered one USB drive (I really can't make this stuff up) for each office to share.  This is a serious issue because we store huge amounts of some types of data on CD.  He formed and met with a conference committee, but committed to paid training they are totally unaware of, and the rest of the conference is totally unplanned. I couldn't stop worrying even while I was beading.  Anyway I woke up this morning with a killer headache so I ended up staying home.  Eating was so/so...they brought goodies to cleanup day and I had one so I was a little over my target. 

Today, I went out for a couple of walks, but fell short of steps.  Tracked but overshot my target.  But I have lunch packed & ready to go back tomorrow to see what I can salvage.

• Like 2

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I finished the challenge up pretty well.  I got a lot of steps, but was a few steps short.  I ate well and got in my meds on time.  I did a good job getting my projects lined up for next week & scheduled calls with all of my project teams. 

For the most part, I had a good challenge.  I didn't get to the gym at all, because I had asthma problems for most of the challenge.  I also had problems keeping sweets in check when things got rocky at work or when I was tired. 

• Like 2

INTJ | MFP | FitBit