Syren Ambles in Like a Lamb but Roars Out Like a Lion -- Yep, it's March

Syren

29f9dut.jpg

Quest 1: Swim! 3 - 5 days per week.

Quest 2: Portion Control! (no limit to the vegetables)

Quest 3: Finish the Duolingo Spanish Tree

Quest 4: Do the thing! -- The Strength Training Thing -- 1 - 3 days per week.

2mpcrhs.jpg

• Like 1

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Do lambs even swim, bro? Do lions?

*searches*

Well lambs do, anyway

giphy.gif

and maybe the lions are sea-lions?

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Oh look, here's one acting as a swim instructor too

tumblr_mofbyfxlJk1sqpqpuo1_400.gif

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Ok so i swam

Something between 600 and 1000 yards of freestyle to warm up (I lost count thinking about the election that I vote in tomorrow)

200 backstroke kick

200 pull

300 one arm drill

8 x 25 kick alt swim IM order

10 x 100 free descend

3 x 50 easy free, 100 IM, 50 fast free

200 easy free

Total around 3300 yards

• Like 1

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Something between 600 and 1000 yards of freestyle to warm up (I lost count thinking about the election that I vote in tomorrow)

That's good. I lose count just thinking about the lap I'm trying finish at the time.

And obviously, I have to second the sea lion...

• Like 1

Level 11 Sea Dragon

| Current Challenge: |

| Nov '16 | Sept/Oct '16 | Aug/Sep '16 | July/Aug '16 | June/July '16 | May '16 |

| Apr '16 | Mar '16 | Feb '16 | Jan '16 | Nov/Dec '15 |

Ok so i swam

Well I'm glad to hear someone in America is thinking before casting their vote. It all looks pretty horrifying from this side of the pond, I can tell you.

Good work on the swimming. More! More!

And Salty, I'm glad it's not just me that completely loses track of how many laps I've done every single time.

Posting from a phone. If this doesn't make sense, blame Tapatalk

Well I'm glad to hear someone in America is thinking before casting their vote. It all looks pretty horrifying from this side of the pond, I can tell you.

Good work on the swimming. More! More!

And Salty, I'm glad it's not just me that completely loses track of how many laps I've done every single time.

I'm terrified myself. I will probably try to flee the country if Drumpf manages to win.

I started my job back at the fish hatchery, so I did not manage to swim -- but I made > 10000 steps each day and did plenty of strength training.

I will definitely be swimming next week, and SCUBA diving the week after that :D

• Like 1

I'm terrified myself. I will probably try to flee the country if Drumpf manages to win.

As I was telling the Queen today, over a cup of tea and a crumpet, if you screw this one up, we should really reconsider this experiment of letting you have your independence because you might not be ready for democracy yet. We're sending a man with a loudspeaker and a clipboard. You have been warned. #makeAmericaGreatBritainsAgain 

Portuguese jokes for Scouts (swimmers in particular)

e4462ebb7eb5f5af2f0dc8137814838d.jpg

Basically, it hinges on the fact that 'nada' means nothing and is also the imperative (command) form of the verb 'to swim'

*choke* sorry, I meant to post that in my own thread, I forgot I was looking at yours... Didn't mean to spam you with foreign language waffling. Um... *turns red*

*choke* sorry, I meant to post that in my own thread, I forgot I was looking at yours... Didn't mean to spam you with foreign language waffling. Um... *turns red*

Languages are pretty much my second hobby to science, so I actually love it. Thanks for spamming my board :D

Orcas and penguins are fantastic too! Haven't got a chance to study them... probably because I hate the cold.

I made it into the pool again!

Huzzah!  And walked 8 miles, and did a tiny almost parkour workout.

500 free

200 pull

200 kick

200 uni-paddle drill

100 IM

200 IM

300 IM

400 IM

100 IM

200 hypoxic drill

200 swim with fins and paddles

200 choice swim

Total 2800 yards or 1.6 miles or 2.56 km

Good work!

Swim

600 swim

200 pull

200 kick

200 hesitation drill

4 x 100 IM -- rotate strokes

4 x 125 IM -- rotate 50's

200 pull

200 Golf drill

200 swim

Total 2700 yards or 1.53 miles or 2.469 km

Walked to the pool this morning, which was great! Then hung from a couple of trees along the disc golf course for a bit.

So this week, went diving in a few of the springs in central Florida.

Shuddered in horror that the orange one won the orange state. 

And started a new strength training workout that I am calling +1. 

This takes things exceptionally slow: I started it on Sunday with 1 rep of each

Squat

Push Up

Plank

Pull Up, or whatever variation at hand

Today I am on 4 reps, and it is fairly easy to keep up with at the moment -- which is why I started slow.

Ate like crap though -- now to get back to it :D

Diving sounds good. This is scuba diving right, not high diving? I think you mentioned that a few posts back iirc. Very cool.

Diving sounds good. This is scuba diving right, not high diving? I think you mentioned that a few posts back iirc. Very cool.

Yes, SCUBA diving. High diving is not my thing, I've tried it twice on spring boards, and only because it was part of my lifeguard training. 

So I moved a lot of water yesterday (with some help from mechanations and gravity) but it involved much squatting and kneeling and bending, and a lot of walking. So I made about 7 miles at work, and then I actually made it back to the city in which I reside and convinced myself to go swim instead of go home and vegetate.

Swim:

200 easy (possibly more, I lost count around 150)

200 pull (again possibly more, kept losing count)

200 kick (pretty sure this is accurate since I was hating life)

100 IM easy

3 x 500 

• 25/25/50
  • 25/75
  • 50/50
  • 75/25
  • 25/25
    • 25 Fast
    • 50 Moderate
    • 75 Easy

300 Mixed strokes

Total 2500 Yards 

And then I was on day 11 of my +1 strength training idea, so I did pool assisted pull ups, some more squats, an almost 00:01:40 plank, and some reverse push ups.

Now I need to find my compression sock...

Well this is the last day of this challenge, so I have grand plans to go swim this afternoon after work if the weather cooperates -- it did not yesterday and the pool was closed for stormy weather when I got off of work. Sad but not too sad about that....

Working on thoughts about what to do for April.

I've been drinking a lot lately, mostly because I work with borderline alcoholics, and I really like to have a glass of wine or a beer while I'm making or eating dinner.

I also have been hitting the Mountain Dew again -- that soda man, I cannot kick it for long.

My workout ethic was epic in January, then it kind of petered out in February, and lingered into March, so I should probably work on getting back to epic status.

Stress and anxiety, really should stop ignoring that at some point... maybe later.

Fiances... something triggering the later.

Spanish -- I am no where near completely the Duolingo Spanish Tree! I do 5 lessons each day right now, and that is mostly spent on review. The new lessons are very similar to Latin though -- verbs that involve strange past like tenses (yes I know they have proper names, but I do not care about present past participles). I am still terrible at speaking this language.

I really need to set up a regular cleaning schedule for the house and the car too.

I got a lot to think about. 

• Like 1

So are you feeling suitably leonine at the end of March? It doesn't sound so much like it, but it's proper spring now so it's a good time to go full giant feline on the next one.  

3 hours ago, 18ck said:

So are you feeling suitably leonine at the end of March? It doesn't sound so much like it, but it's proper spring now so it's a good time to go full giant feline on the next one.  

I do not fell so leonine at the moment, but there is always the next one... which I think I will start tomorrow, but since the forums are not up yet, I will be playing in my battle log I think. :D

...If I can find it.