Kagetsukai is about to crash... GERONIMO!!! [reset]

Kagetsukai

doctor-who-header.jpg

IT'S DOCTOR WHO TIME!

The Doctor is a Time Lord. He is able to travel in time and space and, along the way he helps people in need. Well, I’m in need of a reset and I’m hoping the good Doctor can help me with it. Let’s go back in time and start from scratch.

Strength to do what is right (STR +3)

dr.who-the_end_of_time_part_two-570x321.

I used to be really diligent about weight lifting but I have strayed. It is time to get back to being a badass. Big muscles won’t grow themselves.

Challenge: Lift 3 times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri)

12 days = STR +3
9 days = STR +2
6 days = STR +1

I don’t need a sword! (DEX +3)

86081.jpg

Instead, I have arms and legs to do my bidding. Unfortunately, I’ve neglected their conditioning and now I have to catch up. A lot. Since I am grossly out of shape I now have to make sure I participate in as many kickboxing classes as I can.

Challenge: Kickboxing 3 times a week (Tue, Thur, Sat)

DEX +3 = 12 days
DEX +2 = 9 days
DEX +1 = 6 days

Bonus, if I do at least 12 days a month, I get $20 from my insurance :D I’m down with extra money!

I like bananas. Bananas are good. (CON +3)

Banana.jpg

In order to lose the pudge I’ve gained over the past 3 months I have to really clean up my diet. No more crappy food, we’re going full on clean eating. Primal diet, here we go.

Challenge: Keep strict Primal for the entirety of this challenge

CON +3 = 4 cheat days or less
CON +2 = 6 cheat days or less
CON +1 = 8 cheat days or less

I am accounting for the fact that I have a cheesecake challenge going on this year and I don’t plan on taking a break from it. Let’s hope a tiny slice a week doesn’t derail change :)

If you see water on Mars, run. (CON +3)

tumblr_llvsjyvT1x1qetwwko1_500.jpg

I have an incredibly hard time drinking enough water every day. I live in an arid state so I still dehydrate myself on regular basis. It’s time for a reset. Let's hope this reset will help make this better.

Challenge: Drink a minimum of 90oz of water per day

CON +3 = within 90% of the goal
CON +2 = within 80% of the goal
CON +1 = within 70% of the goal

This will require some detailed tracking. I am hoping it will help get me in gear.

Why do dreams have to fade so quickly? (CON +3)

2-00-the_christmas_invasion_115.jpg

This is always the most difficult one to accomplish for me because I am super addicted to watching things. Once I get on YouTube, it’s at least an hour that gets wasted and I get easily addicted. Let’s hope I can make a change.

Challenge: Go to bed by 10:30 on work night and by 11:30 on off night.

CON +3 = 6 days/week or more
CON +2 = 5 days/week or more
CON +1 = 4 days/week or more

Hello Sweetie! (Extra Credit)

tumblr_mvb3k7WDYO1s9kt0to1_500.gif

Cheesecake challenge continues! I have religiously (almost) made a cheesecake a week for the past 8 weeks and I’ve made some really interesting recipes. This trend will continue here. As a note, this isn’t a part of my challenge, but it will be a good place to keep things in order.

I’ll be making the following:

Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Mint Oreo Cheesecake
Cheesecake Brownie Swirl
Low Carb Coconut Cheesecake

• Like 2

Ooh, that reminds me I still got season 8 and 9 to watch.  I'll be sure to follow you through the time vortex and back!

• Like 2

the artist usually known as WALDGEIST

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

TeenWolf: #7

SHIELD: #8, #12, #13, #14, #15

Magicians: #9

"It's never too late, to become what you could've been!"

Time Lords and cheesecake? You are speaking my language. Excellent challenge!

Yasss! :D Welcome welcome. There might be pictures ;)

Ooh, that reminds me I still got season 8 and 9 to watch.  I'll be sure to follow you through the time vortex and back!

I'm in the middle of series 7. It's a lot of fun! :D

UPDATE (week 1 day 1)

First and foremost, I'm extremely annoyed by the fact that I can't make this post pretty while I'm at work. Something about my browser not supporting forums correctly? I don't know. I just know that I can't post my usual amount of gifs which makes me super sad. Still, updates need to happen or I'll abandon this challenge. Let's not have that, shall we?

Challenge:

• Sleep: I got to bed by 10pm, but didn't actually put away things until after 11pm. I am disappointed it wasn't earlier, but it's already an improvement. I CAN DO DIS!
  • Lifting: 5x5x90lbs squat 5x5x80lbs bench press & 3x5 TRX body rows (I do them instead of barbell row). Weights weren't super impressive for what I can do but I figured it's a good start. It was :)
  • Kickboxing: Dear god I want to cry just thinking about this class: there was a solid half hour of muscle conditioning, first it was lower body then upper body. I am in pain today. I keep reminding myself I sign up for this stuff :tongue:
  • Diet: Technically, honey is all natural and a part of this diet, but for the purposes of my reset, I chose to lay off it for a week. It sucks. I am craving sugar, oatmeal, and apple turnovers. I have a feeling it will get better by Wednesday night *crossing fingers*
  • Water: I managed to hit 90oz!!! Perhaps I shouldn't be so excited, but it's a big deal for me. I predicted it would become easier to drink more water once I started doing kickboxing (HIIT stuff) and I was right. Yasss! :D
  • Cheesecake: I was going to make my cheesecake last night so I stopped at the store to pick up cookie dough. I get home and I realize I no longer have cream cheese. I was so tired that I had no issues just... giving up for the night. I can always do it Tuesday night, right?

tumblr_lv3t48oNLy1r20rgjo1_500.gif

It was a rough start to this challenge, but I kind of expected it. All I can do is buckle down and carry on. I will not give up. I have goals and I will meet them.

Plan for today:

• Kickboxing - Yes, I am going back for more punishment. I figure that unless I keep pushing, I'll just get stagnant and lazy. I want to be able to do crazy amounts of exercise again. It will happen!
  • Cheesecake - I will also have to get back to the store to pick up more cream cheese, but that's a given. Still, I will make that cake. It will be glorious!
  • Bath - My body already hurts, but I suspect that after tonight I will want to keel over and die. Hot Epsom salts bath will help alleviate the symptoms. I only wish I could do that already :tongue:
  • Like 3

Need to get back into catching up with this show!! And then you had to post the picture with the banana and now I want to go back and watch the Ninth Doctor's seasons, especially because Jack. 

• Like 1

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

I'll catch up with the series before I go back. Also, I hate Rose so if I don't have to look at her, I feel better about it.

Wellllll, I mean, you'd have to miss Eccleston, but you could just watch the David Tennant seasons with Martha (and Donna!!) and still enjoy Jack without having to deal with Rose TOO much........

2016 Battle Log

Wellllll, I mean, you'd have to miss Eccleston, but you could just watch the David Tennant seasons with Martha (and Donna!!) and still enjoy Jack without having to deal with Rose TOO much........

I do love me some Donna :D She was my favorite companion ^_^ And I guess I could put up with Rose for a little bit? But first, I have to get through Capaldi. It should be entertaining...

4f9788be2d3401d44b15d21e922931854465704a

• Like 1

I do love me some Donna :D She was my favorite companion ^_^ And I guess I could put up with Rose for a little bit? But first, I have to get through Capaldi. It should be entertaining...

Donna is the best companion. Although I love Jack, mind, soul and body. ;)

• Like 1

the artist usually known as WALDGEIST

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

TeenWolf: #7

SHIELD: #8, #12, #13, #14, #15

Magicians: #9

"It's never too late, to become what you could've been!"

4f9788be2d3401d44b15d21e922931854465704a

Oh Capaldi. I've only just started his seasons. So much needing to catch up. ;;;;;;;;;;

Donna is the best companion. Although I love Jack, mind, soul and body. ;)

Donna is best. I adore her so much. :love_heart: 

2016 Battle Log

UPDATE (Week 1 Day 2)

Late update because life hates me AND I have other things to do (cook). Alas, let's get on with it!!!

• Kickboxing: I regretted going the moment I showed up, but I'm not one to back down from a challenge. I stayed. It hurt. I survived.
  • Sleep: Didn't really happen on time. It was definitely closer to the cut off time, though! :) Slow progress does the trick, right?
  • Water: Done and done. w00t!
  • Diet: Still doing well, though I seem to have issues getting excited about eating. That doesn't happen much. More about it below.
  • Cheesecake: I made it! It was gorgeous! It was Cookie Dough Cheesecake and the recipe is in the first post #lazy

So.... For some odd reason I am stressing out over something and it's impacting my diet. My brain knows that I can't have crap food to make myself feel better so it's blocking hunger. In any other instance it would have been fine (I ate about 1400 calories throughout the day), but add to it strenuous exercise and it definitely wasn't enough fuel. I really need to get out of this funk and get on track. If I don't eat enough, I won't be able to lose weight correctly. I also won't be able to have a strong, fit body I want. C'mon, brain, get with the program.

02107434621f1de2651bd937abdd2cfe.jpg

• Like 3

Yeeeeeeeeeeah... There was that cinder block incident in Torchwood S03. After regenerating, Deadpool-style. At least he's still pretty??

I mean, they at least gave it their best try? Gold star for effort?

j75vIc8.png

2016 Battle Log

UPDATE (Week 1 Day 3)

Challenge:

• Lifting: 5x5x90lb squats, 5x4x70lbs overhead press, 3x8x110lbs deadlift. I had DOMS from hell so my OH was crap, but I did it anyway. I tried and that's most important to me :D
  • Diet: I had made cheesecake, but I was good and did not have a slice. By all accounts it came out really rich and I don't think I would have liked it much anyway. Maybe next time ;)
  • Water: I got 60 out of 90oz. I blame the fact that I didn't kickbox so I had no push to try to hydrate. I'll live, though :)
  • Bath: I took a bath! One day late, but it happened. It made me realize I need to readjust my thermostat because my water wasn't really all that hot. I need it scalding to work :D
  • Cheesecake: It looked so pretty!!! I will have to post a picture once I get home. It's already in my gallery, but this computer is dumb and doesn't let me post things right.

I had a rough day for some unknown reason. I think it's my continuing frustration with my body (and how squishy it has become) together with my depressive tendencies. I'm sure it didn't help that I felt really tired. I usually catch up with my favorite online news outlet before I go to bed, but I found myself falling asleep to (not so) calming shouts of Cenk Uygur. At least the nap was good? :tongue: Once I woke up, I made my favorite cranberry & orange cake (to take to work), and passed out in actual bed.

Plans for today:

• Kickboxing: Let's hope I've recovered enough to handle this. Tuesday was rough.
  • Water: Get that taken care of BEFORE my class tonight.
  • Rolling: Rumble Roller, here I come!
  • Sleep: I have a feeling that since I don't have to work tomorrow, I will get to bed on time and sleep like a log for many hours. Because that's how the world works :tongue:
  • Like 2

I don't know how you can bake and not eat it!  As soon as I smell or look at baked goods I salivate.  I'm totally jonesing right now just thinking about cake.  :numbness:

I'm thinking of making my water goal more fluid (pun intended).  Higher on days that I work out and a lower goal for rest days.  I felt like I was drowning trying to drink All the Liquids on my off day.

I blame February for all the blue moods going around.  Just the thought of sunshine is starting to lift my mood and my resolve. 

1995ebaa1ed47c1e0c4e93cb0dd72e99.jpg

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

I don't know how you can bake and not eat it! As soon as I smell or look at baked goods I salivate. I'm totally jonesing right now just thinking about cake. :numbness:

I'm thinking of making my water goal more fluid (pun intended). Higher on days that I work out and a lower goal for rest days. I felt like I was drowning trying to drink All the Liquids on my off day.

I blame February for all the blue moods going around. Just the thought of sunshine is starting to lift my mood and my resolve.

1995ebaa1ed47c1e0c4e93cb0dd72e99.jpg

It was all about calculating and planning. I will continue making cheesecakes throughout the year so I will have more opportunities to stuff my face full of deliciousness. Seriously, try making something every week and see how unexciting it becomes ;) Also I needed the cheat day for the weekend :)

Sent from my X7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

UPDATE - WEEK ONE

I really slacked with my daily updates. My bad! Let's go through all the goals and see how I did, though.

Strength to do what is right = (3/3)

Since I no longer have a lifting partner, it has become a little difficult to lift at my fullest ability. Still, I made the effort to go and work out. Here's how my lifts look right now:

Squat: 90lbs

OHP: 70lbs

Bench: 80lbs

DL: 110lbs (for volume)

These numbers should really inspire me to dive back into researching a better lifting gym. I need a place where I don't have to cobble together my weights. Let's do this!

I don't need a sword = (3/3)

I went on Monday, Tuesday & Saturday. It's not as many times as I wanted, but it's a start. My body is still acclimating to increased fitness and I'm feeling it in various joints/muscle groups. I have to make sure that I don't overtax myself and get hurt. Still, I'm working out and that's important :)

I like bananas. Bananas are good = (6/7)

I am very proud of how well I've done this part. I made sure to eat well, eat enough, and eat often. I already feel my clothes fit better! I haven't really lost any weight, but I got rid of a half an inch around my waist. I count that as a success :D Also, since I've been eating cleaner than before, my muscles have come back. My biceps, once again, look respectable and intimidating. It's amazing what proper diet will do for your overall health (not surprising, though).

As a side note, my cheat day involved a dark chocolate soufflé and orange/cranberry cake. I have no regrets.

If you see water on Mars, run = (87%)

All things considered, I'm impressed with how well I managed this goal. It was a rough start (as predicted), but it went much better almost immediately. Once I started workouts (both HIIT & strength), I had to stay hydrated or pass out from dehydration. It's amazing what you can do when nature forces you ;) Let's hope I'm more motivated this week :D

Why do dreams have to fade so quickly? = (5/7)

This one was really hard. At first I had a hard time to start going to bed early and then later in the week I had issues staying asleep. Friday night I actually woke up in the night from a nightmare. I don't remember it (thankfully), but it wasn't pleasant to wake up with a start. I think I need to get back to breathing exercises before bed or I will never get a good night of sleep.

Hello Sweetie!

gallery_30753_2208_63923.jpg

Isn't it pretty?

I made a Cookie Dough Cheesecake!!! It looked so pretty! I made a few mistakes making it, like when I didn't add enough cream to my chocolate ganache and it came out like a layer of rock-hard chocolate layer. It was not pleasant to cut through, let me tell you. Also, after I fed a few slices to multiple people, I chose to not eat one myself; it sounded like the cheesecake was super rich due to cookie dough being in the batter. No matter. There will be next week's cheesecake!

Plans for this week:

• Cheesecake: Mint Oreo Cheesecake, though it's very likely I won't be using any Oreos to make it. Yes, I hate Oreos (they are just a ton of sugar with lard, no thank you). We'll see if my cheat works out well :D
  • Lifting: Same thing, different week. Let's hope I have a new gym access by Friday so I don't have to use dumbbells. It was unpleasant...
  • Kickboxing: I am scared to go since Justin has been doing strength conditioning almost exclusively for the past few weeks. There's only so much of ball tosses my body can handle. I'm praying for a miracle :tongue:
  • Food: I made chicken breast breaded in coconut flour and pan-fried with a side of red cabbage salad. There will be Greek yogurt and potatoes for my pre-work out food. I'm trying to decide if I want my cheat day to be on Tuesday or on Sunday :tongue:

Week two, let's GO!

• Like 2

That was a pretty quick turnaround on those muscles.  Maybe you weren't as "soft" as you thought. :)  I do mostly body weight work so I don't know what a good weight is for bench presses or DL but those look very respectable. ;)

Good job on the water!  I don't drink much on rest days but I more than make up for it on HIIT days.

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Thanks! :D I think my biceps got the least amount of pudge on them so it was easiest to shape them up. Also, my kickboxing coach has been in love with medicine ball conditioning; I've been tossing around a 10lbs ball for 10 minutes and it hurts.

My max bench was 100lbs, so 80lbs is laughable :( Still, it's better than nothing :) Deadlift is downright adorably low :P Oh well, I work with what I have, right? :)

• Like 1