Platzhalter's Challenge 2.5 - What is dead may never die...

Platzhalter

...but rises again, harder and stronger.

After slouching the last time and taking a break from those challenges to see what went wrong, now is the time to rise again. Maybe the 4 week schedule will make a difference as well, maybe not. The one thing bound to make a difference is the fact that I'll keep things simple. Yes, just some beginner's routine to not improve that much skillwise, but get into this routine and make it a habit. Stick with it, get stuff done without thinking about it.

Part one - rise

I'll try to do some yoga  and the beginner bodyweight workout every morning before classes. Still easier said than done (for someone who's hardly a morning person), but simple enough for a re-start.

Part two - get harder

Or, in other words, more determined and persistent. Stick with duties, which means (in my case) getting through basketball classes every week and go swimming when the teacher isn't there to do the training.

Part three - and stronger

Strength is not just about activity, but also about nourishment. This time, it'll be about not eating meat (unless it comes from the ocean and is therefore not meat in this case) because of lent and still managing to stay healthy, build muscle and get all the nutrient I need.

Lifetime Goal - Knowledge is Power

Once again, this is almost as simple as a joke... do crosswords daily.

Good luck everyone

• Like 1

Level 3 Lizardman Assassin

STR 3 | STA 2 | DEX 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1.5 | CHA 2

Following! Love the title. :D

Now on the results for today... I've had basketball classes today, so that's something to not worry about any more until next week. Same goes for the morning routine this time, hope it'll stay this way for a while. Food and nutrition is, except for a few set rules, something that can't be measured instantly, but not eating meat is still easier than expected, even with my sister preparing a nice, thick piece of bacon (my favourite type). On the other hand, today was relatively high on carbs, but it's still bearable thanks to being more active than on other days.

Just trying to do a page on my crosswords magazine and done for today after that. Hope everyone reading this had a nice day ;)

• Like 2

I sure could use an accomplice to help me get moving in the mornings! 

I keep thinking I want to do yoga in the evening, then I'm too tired and it doesn't happen. I like your plan of first thing in the morning. 

Race: Elf   ~   Class: Druid Apprentice   ~   Level: 12

Current Challenge

2015-2016 Challenges: OneTwo, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve

2018-2019 Challenges: (first one in progress)

Checked in on your challenge, SnowOwl. The point with doing it in the morning is that yoga in the morning will definitely wake you up and even makes the rest of almost any morning workout routine easier.

Now, back on my first week... as already mentioned in the beginning, basketball was easy. Same goes for morning routines, at least partially... Saturday was no-workout day thanks to spending time in an unsuitable environment (and, by my own fault, hardly doing anything to change that) and doing it in the evening instead of the morning on Friday and Sunday. Not as intended, but still far from not doing it at all.

About eating...that part was okay, no meat, but also very few veggies and fruit which is something to work on. Same goes for any kind of breakfast. Good thing is this week has already been more "green" than the one before including more than a few ideas/recipes for part of the lightsaber mini challenge.

G'luck everyone for the current week  :panda:

• Like 1

Good to know :)

Now a bit on the current week... at least the part that has already happened.

Sadly, one thing has already been messed up, and that's Monday. Yes, everything. Didn't have breakfast, didn't do my morning workout (yoga and bodyweight) and skipped basketball. My dinner was okay (tuna with mayo, onion and various sprouts and eggs prepared in a way similar too shakshouka) but aside from that, my day mostly consisted of sleep.

Tuesday went a bit better, with my morning routine working (still no breakfast though). On the other hand, I had lots of "not-so-healthy" stuff to eat - we finally had the pizza order we won in a contest and various cakes later of which I had two pieces each pizza and cake. The good thing is that the pizza was loaded with veggies so it's not that much of a drama, but since I try to be a bit more strict on eating low carb, it's still far from good for me and my goals. But it tasted good and I've enjoyed it the way you should enjoy things you normally wouldn't eat. Later in the day, my mother and I also went to the local organic farm both to get fresh raw milk and yoghurt there and also go for a short walk.

Today also seems to begin good as well. Did my morning workout, had poke and a cup of cold milk for breakfast (instead of the usual carb bomb named ovaltine) and will be off for classes in a few.

So, have a great day everyone :panda:

• Like 1

Back on track and getting better in general.

My faces still hurts and looks like that of a zombie with blisters, but the cough seems to get better and so does everything else.

On my workouts... the last days have been completely workout-free for obvious reason which meant no basketball as well. Never dare to be active with a serious cold because it doesn't help anyone and is dangerous. Going to work or school? As long as you have a way to prevent your classmates/co-workers/everyone else from getting infected, it's okay. But physical activity? Never.

And thanks to being easily distracted and hooked by certain things, I only did my yoga this morning. No bodyweight workout (just did that now) or breakfast.

Food is a half and half... my mealplan is getting better, but that hardly makes up for drinking a bottle of cola in just two days. Good thing is that this at least also means I got my "water".

• Like 1

I'm trying to recruit help for the Light Side in hunting relics this week!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/79773-mini-assassin-force-academy-relic-hunt/

• Like 1

Current Challenge

2015-2016 Challenges: OneTwo, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve

Alright, I'm in on that one :panda:

Just did my morning yoga and will get to the bodyweight workout as soon as possible. Let's see what this day will bring, regarding classes it looks like one that is completely unnecessary. Regarding everything else... depends. Don't feel like gaming or watching something on DVD, so I still need to find something for the spare time in the afternoon. Aside from making my learning schedule even better.

If anyone's curious, my planned meal for today are cabbage in tomato sauce (if the cabbage we have is still edible), lentil salad with capsicum and sprouts and (as emergency learning snack) some raw, vegan chocolate... normally not my kind of thing but a friend got me hooked on this one because it's low-sugar, dark and still tasting good.

Have a great day everyone :positive:

• Like 2

A quick reminder from our mighty leader:

Also, don't forget - construction ends tomorrow!  You're better off doing this yourself then having a lightsaber constructed for you, trust me.  Even if you got off the shelf components of any kind YOU CAN STILL COMPLETE CONSTRUCTION.

Don't know where to start/suck at meditating?  If you search youtube for "guided meditation," you will find dozens of videos in the 10-20 minute range.  Take a little coffe break, close your eyes, and construct your lightsaber.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Woah... that came unexpected. And I'm not sure what to think about it... the change in the forum software, of course. It will take some time for me to get used to it because unlike the old one, it's not like the ones I'm used to.

Aside from that, the last days have been good. Had my beloved bacon, cabbage and potatoes for St Patrick's Day (the only day of exceptions from my rules during lent) and pide with spinach and egg yesterday. So food seems to go pretty well. And now that were getting closer and closer to the end of both the current challenge and lent, I made an important decision. Loving meat, it feels impossible for me to become a full-fledged vegetarian. Since organic or any other kind of (at least with the regulations we seem to have here) high-quality meat tends to be expensive (unless you go for offal only because no one seems to want that stuff), my long term diet will be "mostly pescetarian with an occasional day of meat". Aside from that, sweets, potatoes and grains (aside from rice) will be a luxury as well... but when having them or anything made from/with those, I'll embrace and enjoy it the same way as meat or as other people enjoy a glass of luxurious wine.

Now on my workout... same as before. While not always managing to do every single bit of the bodyweight routine in the morning, I have no problem with my morning yoga. Doing the Surya Namaskara even helped me to feel more awake, alert and focused. The physical impact isn't that high, but from what I've heard, yoga isn't just about "doing gymnastics" but a lot more than that. And to be as respectful to another culture as possible, I'd recommend you to try and find sources by people from India. Even youtube seems to be great for that.

Hope you're all having a great weekend :)

• Like 1

Almost at the goal... and pretty busy.

So, just a short summary on the last few days. Did my basketball class - so this one has been relatively successful. One time missing because of lazyness is the point where things could've been better, but... thing's can always be better. So the remaining days will be used to think about the number of points suitable for the "get harder" part of my challenge. Still prefer the old system and will keep using it until god knows when because it reminds me of pen and paper roleplaying.

Morning workouts... great on the yoga, bad on the bodyweight. And the issue is time management... because I'm almost always doing the bodyweight workout later in the afternoon... well, except on rest days of course. Aside from that, the last few days are and will be for fighting. So instead of the beginner bodyweight workout, I'll do as many of the assigned excercises from the mini challenge to help our team winning this final battle.

Last on eating... just a few more days and I'm done. It seems like this has been a joke... seriously, why did I even make this a part of my challenge?

G'luck everyone... and keep on fighting :panda:

• Like 1

Okay... I'm done. Now that this challenge is over, let's evaluate and assign some points (the old way).

Part one - rise

Not perfect because I moved my bodyweight WO from the mornings to the afternoon on some days but did them or a suitable replacement (AKA helping for the final battle) every day. And did my yoga in the morning. Since this helped me with both strength and flexibility, the reward is 2 points in strength and 1 in dexterity.

Part two - get harder

Aside from not having classes once thanks to our teacher having a great time in Switzerland (which he really deserves) and not going once (because I felt really tired and exhausted), this part was mostly successfull as well. Because of the things the teacher demanded and the things he mentioned as personal improvement for each of us, my points gained are 2 on dexterity and 1 on stamina.

Part three - and stronger

My choices were fairly limited but (thanks to my family and friends supporting me) in the end, I made it through lent and actually had a more healthy and varied diet than usual. It took some time thinking about what to have and how to make it (not to mention the time making), but that's how change works.

Because doing so made me both healthier in a physical sense and forced me to learn even more about food and nutrition, it gives me 1 point in constitution, 1 point in wisdom and 1 in stamina.

Lifetime Goal - Knowledge is Power

The only part that won't give any points... because I forgot about it. Really... it's that simple and silly.

So, the overall results are (summed up)...

STR +2; STA +2; DEX +3; CON +1; WIS +1

See you again next time, everyone and keep on fighting for the final battle until it's officially over :panda:

• Like 1