Pokedex Gonna Ranger: The Official Mini-Challenge

Rurik Harrgath

It's a tough battle, but after much perseverance, Yeti's Zapdos defeats Lorelei's Cloyster!

3/3 wrist mobility drills done (and wrist mobility successfully made a part of the regular cooldown routine. Bonus!)

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Week 2 has been unveiled.

Lorelei and her Cloyster have been defeated, but you and your Pokemon team aren't out of hot water yet.

A trainer of Fighting-type Pokemon, Bruno awaits all challengers in the arena!  Like his Pokemon, Bruno has mastered his body the same way his team have mastered their fighting arts to bash, pulverize, and slam their opponents to defeat.  Who will face Bruno and continue their ascestion through the ranks of the Elite Four this week?

Bruno summons his Machamp for battle!

B1ZjIzFIEAEfvE1.png

Your second opponent of the mini-challenge awaits your Pokemon choice!

Gogoat  is my choice for the week, which means 3 sessions of Primal Movement (as inspired by GMB)!

2a85c468bbd1d07dd3a1d9d011ec440c.jpg

• Like 2

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

This might actually just be the best way this week could have started...

Yeti chooses Hypnos (for four post-work meditation sessions)

097Hypno_OS_anime.png

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

250px-150Mewtwo.png

Nym chooses Mewtwo:  4 meditation sessions on the headspace app.  I'm pretty grumpy and stressed, so hopefully this will help.  

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Matt chooses Psyduck! At least 2 cold showers this week post workout!

• Like 1

The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Level 4 Ranger

STR 4 STA 4 WIS 3 CON 3 INT 3 CHA 2 DEX 2

Holder of the Sal Ivanth Boots of Striding +2 (10% to distance traveled)

Wielder of the Bound Bow (25 pts magical or physical damage)

I decide to fight brawn with brains! I'll be summoning my psychic Pokémon this week. They are resistant to fighting type Pokémon so that should help us out a lot.

Meowstic
Type: Psychic
Do a restorative yoga session in addition to my “move weird†challenge goal

Go Meowstic! Use your psybeam on Machamp!

tumblr_ne4n12EsqU1qf8rnjo1_500.gif

I'm really pleased to see this mini's theme went over so well.  Was a bit nervous while I was hashing out the details that Pokemon might be lost on some of our membership, but I think the overall concept behind the game, if not the theme itself, seems to be a winning one!

I am definitely absolutely adoring this theme. I think it's straight forward enough to understand in general, but definitely has the capability to delve deep into the nerdom if you so choose. Pretty much perfect!

• Like 3

I decide to fight brawn with brains! I'll be summoning my psychic Pokémon this week. They are resistant to fighting type Pokémon so that should help us out a lot.

Not only are they resistant to Fighting-type, but Fighting happens to be weak against Psychic attacks.

This week's battle will be fought with Pumpkaboo! While neither effective nor in-effective against Fighting-type, Fighting moves have no effect on a Ghost Pokemon! Time to stalk Nymeria and step up my hand-balancing game to become a better capoeirista!

• Like 3

pikachu-pikachu-365104_200_200.gif

Pikachu (Electric):   Finally work on some wall handstands.  Oh yeah.

For Week 1, Marauder sends in Pikachu.

Wall handstands were done.  Even asked the husband to spot me to work on pirouette bail.  Coming along nicely.  Pikachu defeats Cloyster.

For Week 2, Marauder sends in Eevee (normal) against Machamp. Looks like a full hour of cleaning a dreaded area.  Ugh.

• Like 1

Rangering since Sept 2015

Week 1 Battle:

I'm going to play this as close to actual type weaknesses as possible. Therefore (since my jump rope hasn't come in yet) I'll be using Pichu, my electric Pokémon!

Goal: 3x dynamic stretching this week

Pichu_Grin.png

Pichu defeated Cloyster!

Dynamic stretching: 3/3 completed Sunday

Week 2 Battle:

I choose Arbok!

arbok.jpg

Challenge: 3x NF yoga sessions this week

• Like 1

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

Current Challenge: RuthixCube trains for a 5k - pt 1

Previous: Reboot12

"I am Iron and I forge myself."

Go Meowstic! Use your psybeam on Machamp!

tumblr_ne4n12EsqU1qf8rnjo1_500.gif

I am definitely absolutely adoring this theme. I think it's straight forward enough to understand in general, but definitely has the capability to delve deep into the nerdom if you so choose. Pretty much perfect!

I thought it was great fun.  My daughter played ... so I watched the shows and learned more than I'd expected.

Last week, I had Hitmonchan ..... and memorized my kata!!!!  So fun to have the nudge.  Thank you.  

This week ..... 

Abra, I choose YOU!!!!

abra.jpg

Which means I'll try the Headspace app.  

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Well Charmander let me down last week (not true, let myself down) No HIIT workout was done due to being wiped out from spending 2 days moving heavy things in my storeroom at work  :nightmare:

This week we'll try Mew, since they are the fighting types weakness :D...and will attempt fire yoga  :nevreness:

• Like 4

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Last week, Gallade and I won our battle by doing some extra preparation before Aikido. 

This week, Alakazam and I are going to spend some extra time reading. 

• Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

funny-stop-breathing-cat-mans-face-pics.

So....my first guided meditation came with a couple challenges yesterday...

• Like 6

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

First week, I chose Leafeon!

1b6beb7b-b89f-45a2-a3be-111c193188c2.jpg

Leafeon Goal - find a closer public hunting ground and spend at least 1 hour working on hunter education

​Done, done, and even more done! I found a couple more hunting grounds on both sides of the state line (we live literally less than a block away from the state border, so while there are a lot of conflicting laws to keep straight, there are some good opportunities with lots of different options!) and did a bunch of hunter ed reading on my own. I also signed up for two hunter ed classes later this month - one specifically for bowhunters on the east side of the state line, the other just for hunters in general on the west side. I'm super excited! 

This week, I'll choose:
spring_sawsbuck.png

Sawsbuck!!! - 2+ yoga workouts, here I come!

• Like 2

Mom. Teacher. Language Enthusiast. Wood Elf :)

Current Challenge: KCAleece Tackles Third Trimester

Alors je ne lui parlais ni de serpents boas, ni de forêts vierges, ni d'étoiles. Je me mettais à sa portée. Je lui parlais de bridge, de golf, de politique et de cravates. Et la grande personne était bien contente de connaître un homme aussi raisonnable.

I am choosing Duskull for this week.

355.png

Duskull (Ghost) - Practice meditation: Nothing fancy or specific. I just want to try to set some time aside to calm myself. This will probably take place tomorrow, as I have a board meeting to attend. They are rarely stressful, but I'd like to be on top of my game going into it. 

• Like 2

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

This week's battle will be fought with Pumpkaboo! While neither effective nor in-effective against Fighting-type, Fighting moves have no effect on a Ghost Pokemon! Time to stalk Nymeria and step up my hand-balancing game to become a better capoeirista!

Pumpkaboo and I are switching strategies for this battle. I'm going to work on the GMB basic move Frogger, in order to gain more flexibility and strength in my wrists and arms. I'm no where near ready to begin attempting real hand-balancing moves yet, so I'm gonna start prepping and training for them.

• Like 1