Pokedex Gonna Ranger: The Official Mini-Challenge

Rurik Harrgath

Jammed out to some heavy tunes with my real-life Umbreon today to reset some questionably headspace today!

wMc7v.png

(1 / 3) Heavy Metal meditation sessions completed!

• Like 3

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

On 2016-03-16 at 11:10 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Jammed out to some heavy tunes with my real-life Umbreon today to reset some questionably headspace today!

wMc7v.png

(1 / 3) Heavy Metal meditation sessions completed!

2 / 3 completed yesterday, and Umbreon brought home the win against Ghastly and Gengar today with 3 / 3 Heavy Metal meditation sessions.

I will be posting Week 4 shortly!

• Like 1

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Eevee was SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!!  I hit an average of 10K steps this week.  And am now icing my darned sore Achilles heel......

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

And my final week is Krabbie to the rescue with his many, many bottles of water!!!

• Like 1

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

On 2016-02-28 at 6:33 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Week 4 has been a long time coming.  I trust that the prior three trainers have prepared you for this moment...

hqdefault.jpg

Like last week's showdown against Agatha and her paired Gengar and Ghastly, the final trainer of the Elite Four has brought two Pokemon to the arena... but with an exciting twist.  Your one Pokemon was powerful enough to handle two ghosts, but not the combined might of two Dragon-type Pokemon!

Combine your final (Week 4) Pokemon with another of your previous champions to tackle Lance's Dragonite and Garados!  That's right, you have two goals to accomplish this week.  Summon your best Pokemon to tackle this amazing challenge!

Week 4 features an intriguing twist.  ;)

• Like 4

Growlithe didn't fair well last week, the elusive bodyweight WOD goal remains out of reach so far.

This week Yeti chooses cubone (two different graded bouldering problems) and brings back zapdos (four post-work meditation sessions).

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

So mostly. I failed following up on my goals here, mostly I'm glad I got to a place where my whole challenge didn't fall apart.

But I did finish the one battle I sat out to fight: I handed in the signup paperwork for becoming a trainer. With spring break I might have to wait a little for it to get approved, but whatever...

So essentially all the pokemon from 2-4th week walked right over me, but I did get that cloyster in the end...

• Like 1

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Gack!!!  So Krabby and Eevee are out flanking this little monster!!!  Gotta catch 'em all!!!

• Like 2

Umbreon and Gogoat have taken me through 2 / 3 Heavy Metal Meditation sessions and one day of Primal Movement this week. 

A few more days to finish off the mini challenge strong-like!

• Like 2

Calling it now; Lance whooped me. Poor Xatu was too tired to continue fighting and although Blaziken wanted to give it her all I appeared to be suffering from confusion and we were steam rolled.

• Like 1