• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Flex Luthor

Flex Follows the Way of the Iron Dragonslayer Part 1

That's Frank Medrano. He gets a pass on leg day.

Oh I know.

Among guys that make doing fancy things on the bar videos, he's about my least favorite even though he does some of the most amazing things.

I appreciate the muscle building side of strength training just too much.

Oh I know.

Among guys that make doing fancy things on the bar videos, he's about my least favorite even though he does some of the most amazing things.

I appreciate the muscle building side of strength training just too much.

That's fair. I tend to give him a pass due to his stunts. If he doesn't care for muscle building but can do the ridiculous things he does I'm much more forgiving. It's definitely not for me though either.

I suppose this would be where I actually write my challenge in. Let's do this.

My theme comes from one of my favorite anime Fairy Tail. This challenge is a bit of a dual purpose. I've always identified strongly with a particular character named Gajeel. He's a bit of a loner with a troubled past who finds redemption. Pretty archetypal sure but it worked for me.

The main reason, however, that I wanted to use this theme is that he's known as the iron dragonslayer and I need some "hardening up" so to speak. As some of you may know from my last challenge I injured my shoulder. Not good. Fortunately it's an extremely minor injury but I'll still have to be careful with it for the next couple of months as well as rehab it regularly with stretching, foam rolling, and certain exercises to strengthen that area.

Which leads me into my challenge.

1. Shoulder Health - This is my top priority. I will achieve this doing the above mentioned things and grading will be based on making pain free progress in my pressing movements.

1b. Body Balance - This one is in line with 1 although it applies to my whole body. I need to make sure I'm keeping my entire body in alignment so nothing similar pops up in the future. I will achieve this by following PHAT (http://bit.ly/1maTVeb) which has historically been a good program to promote body balance for me as well as doing the above stretching and foam rolling just everywhere else.

2. Sleep - Simply put I don't sleep enough. 6 hours of sleep per night will be my minimum.

3. Eat - I haven't been eating enough lately either. Simple. Average 3500 cals per day. 3000 minimum since that's maintenance. Shoot for 4000.

Enough talking. I've got some iron plates to go munch on.

tumblr_mbah1ck90P1rbzd35o1_500.gif

• Like 2

Nice goals Flex.   Very well thought out and a solid plan for getting things back in order.     The shoulder can take a really long time to get fixed (all my docs told me this) and be super careful to not overdo stuff that will muck it up again!

But you got this!

And <3 Gajeel. 

I mean IR<3N Gajeel!

• Like 1

Day 1! I get a fail on day 1.

Good things happened in the gym. Upper Body Power.

Underhand Barbell Rows - 3x15@45 +

Pull Ups - 2x8 +

Cable Rows - 2x15@27.5

Bench Press - 2x15@45 (No Pain!) +

Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 2x15@20

Curls - 3x10@25 +

Tricep Press Down - 2x15@20 +

External Rotations - 2x20@5

Face Pulls - 2x15@12.5

Hyperextensions - 2x15@25

Eating I only hit about 2200 partly due to some nausea post workout and that's when I eat the bulk of my calories.

4 hours of sleep.

Overall fail but very good things in the gym so I'm not too displeased.

Oh and did plenty of warming up, rolling, stretching, etc

You better get those shoulders right. You're going to owe me 1000 push-ups .

This message was carried to you by Valkyries from Brahalla so you can hear my words

Wait, there's an actual challenge after all the gifs?

There is if he's serious about adding cooking as a leveling up his life goal.