Maeghaan has sprung for spring

Maeghaan

Wow, you will be BUSY! I still haven't started anything, but I did talk to some elderly experts down the road and they aren't starting anything just yet. SO, I think I'm ok to wait another week or two while I get things ready. 

Race: Elf   ~   Class: Druid Apprentice   ~   Level: 12

Current Challenge

2015-2016 Challenges: OneTwo, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve

2018-2019 Challenges: (first one in progress)

I am soooo antsy for it to get nice outside. I'm dying to get started gardening. I need to rearrange some stuff, and split a ton of hostas and sedums and move a ton of Lily of the Valley, and cut down a couple trees (that fell over and we've delayed cutting because they were still alive >.>), and to get tons of mulch freshened up, and I need to put in garden bed borders, and I'm totally going to expand the area for some the veggie garden (by some I mean I'm prolly gonna close to double it... :D :D :D). And so much more. AND GET RID OF THE STUPID RIVER ROCK. Hate that stuff... 

I need to go buy a couple more seedling trays so I can start some more stuff also, tonight.

Just found your challenge, and it sounds very much up my alley.  I totally sympathize with this post. I live in a small apartment, so no yard, but I borrow my parents when I need it :playful:. I've been helping clear out some branches that fell over the winter, and in another month or two (two or three really, but I can wish), we'll be planting the vegetable garden.

Although in it's place, I really like river rock. I used to live in Las Vegas, and seeing people grow grass out there always made me cringe because it required so much irrigation. River rock could be attractive without needing several inches of water each week in the summer, and it's rounded enough for the kids to play in without getting all scraped up. Some people had patterns laid out in their yards in different colors, which is a really cool effect.

But that was the middle of the desert, where they averaged 4 inches of rain per year.

• Like 4

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

Just found your challenge, and it sounds very much up my alley.  I totally sympathize with this post. I live in a small apartment, so no yard, but I borrow my parents when I need it :playful:. I've been helping clear out some branches that fell over the winter, and in another month or two (two or three really, but I can wish), we'll be planting the vegetable garden.

Although in it's place, I really like river rock. I used to live in Las Vegas, and seeing people grow grass out there always made me cringe because it required so much irrigation. River rock could be attractive without needing several inches of water each week in the summer, and it's rounded enough for the kids to play in without getting all scraped up. Some people had patterns laid out in their yards in different colors, which is a really cool effect.

But that was the middle of the desert, where they averaged 4 inches of rain per year.

I used to kind of like river rock, but it's mostly the placement I loathe here. The dogs have to run through like, a 30 foot swathe of it to get to the back yard and kick up the rocks everywhere. Also, a good chunk of it apparently didn't get fabric put under it, so weeds still grow in it and it's super annoying to weed the rocks out. I'm discovering that it's really difficult to get rid of if you decide you don't want it. 

• Like 2

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

I started a blog: The Cognitive Itch
"Even in these chains, you can't stop me"

Weight loss goal: Drop from 247 to 160

36%
36%

Maybe I've complained about my back yard before, but it's the same thing. There's red (river?) rock all over the backyard, and until the ground thaws a lot more, I can't get rid of it. I have to shovel and sift about five pounds of soil to yield about half a pound of rock. At least I can dump all the stuff into my window wells.

Please post pictures of your flowers and planting beds! I love Lily of the Valley, but I can't grow things.

• Like 2

Sylph Spellblade | Level 10 STR 5.2 | DEX 4.2 | STA 6.2 | CON 11.32 | WIS 6.75 | CHA 7.3

17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

Didn't get much for gardening done this weekend. Mostly just sorted through my seeds to pick out the rest of the veggies I want to start inside, and a bunch of flowers to start. But I did do some adulting! Did the dishes I had been ignoring for too long, vacuumed (twice, actually), broke down and took outside the plethora of amazon boxes that had accumulated inside. And I did two fun things!

I hung some art up that I had bought like, 5 months ago:

7ebd7730-09c9-4687-b093-ffbe49184664_zps

And hung up some candle holders I got from a consignment store, repurposed into a necklace rack:

12877200-7f97-42a3-ae3b-6a0c39572b3c_zps

• Like 6

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

36%
36%

Wow - very creative!!!!

• Like 2

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

I used to kind of like river rock, but it's mostly the placement I loathe here. The dogs have to run through like, a 30 foot swathe of it to get to the back yard and kick up the rocks everywhere. Also, a good chunk of it apparently didn't get fabric put under it, so weeds still grow in it and it's super annoying to weed the rocks out. I'm discovering that it's really difficult to get rid of if you decide you don't want it. 

Ehn, my parents had it with cloth under it, and the weeds still managed to get through! Weeding it was a pain, and getting rid of it was even worse! So glad I don't have to help with it any more!

• Like 1

Wow - very creative!!!!

Thanks! I had been keeping them just on a clothes hanger that hung off a lamp, but it looked kind of tacky and it was super weighed down, heh. I don't think I fully appreciated how many I have now until I got them all hung up on the candle holders. I may have a problem...

Ehn, my parents had it with cloth under it, and the weeds still managed to get through! Weeding it was a pain, and getting rid of it was even worse! So glad I don't have to help with it any more!

One way or another, I will get rid of it! THE. WORST. It's unfortunately low priority right now, though. I really need to replace some fabric in the rest of the yard and put down fresh mulch before I start tackling another project that big.

• Like 3

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

36%
36%

The good thing is .... it's a great workout when you finally do remove it!!

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Fell off the wagon hard. /sigh. I suspect perhaps I may be dealing with PMDD? I don't know. I didn't really notice until we went to 4 week challenges that it really seems tied to my cycle (my excuse for not noticing is that I have a hormonal IUD that makes my period super light, so it's barely of note most of the time). I'm going to ghost this next month - I'm going to try a bit of daily journaling to track my moods a bit more, see if I can id a pattern. I've been in the habit of taking a nap when I get home from work lately - I'm going to try and break that pattern to see if the sleep is something I NEED or just something I really really WANT. If it's something I just want, I probably need to speak with my doctor about doing something new with my depression meds. I'm also going to slowly try and get back on the diet wagon. That's really all for now. I want to get set back into my healthy habits as a routine before I try adding to it all again. I'll try to check in with all y'all though, until I get back full time! Thanks so much for following, it means the world to me! It's nice to get replies back when venting into the void <3

• Like 4

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

36%
36%

Hey, Maeghaan, sorry you haven't been feeling so great! I hope you get it figured out and get to feeling better soon. :) Slow and steady wins, as the phrase goes, so take as much time as you need. No need to rush anything, and like you said, it's best to build up a routine and then add to it rather than do everything at once. Cheering for you, friend! *Hugs*

• Like 1

Matthew 25:34-40

It's good to step back occasionally and recheck your base.  Looking forward to seeing you back here when you feel better!!!

Some kind of Jedi .....