Anaticula - Fishie Respawns

Anaticula

I was doing great for a while, but then life got in the way and I keep reverting back to old habits. I was tempted to start back where I was, but in all honesty, I need to just respawn and go back over the basics. 

So first off, a quick overview for those who don't remember me, I'm a 33 and 1/2 year old female librarian. I weigh somewhere around 300 pounds. I honestly have not stepped on a scale since I stopped exercising in Spring 2015. (Has it really been a year?) I had gotten down to less than 290 from 315, through this website as a scout. I was feeling good. I was looking good, well I was looking happy. I still had a lot of weight to lose, but I felt good about myself. I had started swimming the previous summer. Managed to do a 5k, then another 5k, worked my way to do a few triathlons and eventually 2 1/2 marathons. I almost finished a full marathon. Then winter 2014 I hit a bad slump. I got really depressed. I stopped moving. I started eating bad again. Finally that Spring I called it quits. 

Life over the past year or so hasn't been all bad though. I bought my first house. I started dating an awesome guy, who has to mostly great children, 2 girls aged 6 and 3 at the time, now 7 and 4.  I'm not used to kids. I have a niece and several nephews, but only see them occasionally, kids every weekend is a big change for me. I'm still learning what is excusable kid behavior and what is correctable behavior.  At any rate, summer was fun, but I kept telling myself I was too busy to get back to exercising and that as the kids didn't want to eat healthy it was too time consuming to make two meals on the weekend, easier to get fast food, blah, blah,blah, same old excuses, I just used the boyfriend and kids as a reason to keep from getting back on track.

Finally come January I realized that I was messing up. As the girls love salad and fruit I can't really use them as an excuse to eat pizza and McDonalds all the time.  Plus I need to set a good example for them when we have them. Also, I'm having a bad time of it.  The lack of exercise and tons of bad food is leaving me exhausted. I can barely stay awake at work. I constantly have headaches. In general I physically feel like crap. I tried to get back here and do better, but I failed. I stuck around for a week then got distracted by everything going on in life. I was appointed the SGA adviser, which means corralling college students for meetings when they should be in class or at work, and forcing them to do stuff. It is stressful, but will be rewarding when we get them to finally get on track with how things are supposed to work. The last adviser didn't care what they did and gave them no rules or boundaries, which lead to huge problems with all the departments on campus. I'm also stressed out due to class. It's a lot more work this semester that it was previous semesters. I'm working on my Master's Degree. Got one more class after this semester then I will FINALLY be done after nearly a million years of school. And, now I have a new reason to stress added on top of that....

Mid February we went to Disney (my boyfriend, his girls, my brother, and I). When we were meeting Donald Duck, my favorite Disney character he proposed.   :D It was awesome. He even made my ring himself over the last several months by tapping a silver coin into a ring and drilling out the center.  He then took a necklace and a pair of earrings and removed the stones from them to put on my ring. It's beautiful and super special. :) 

But then the stress came. :(  My mom started down the past to wedding planning insanity.  Problems at work began to evolve due to my new role as SGA adviser. Classes got more difficult. I ended up spending the weekend in bed crying and had to take off work due to stress related headaches.  Luckily I've a great fiance, and some awesome friends who have been helping through my stress. This week things have started to take a turn for the better on all fronts.

Now though, I want to get myself physically back on track. I miss how happy I was when i exercised. I wasn't always exhausted, and when I was tired it was because I was physically tired, not mentally or bad food tired. I want to go back to feeling how I felt then.  And, being honest, i want to look good for my wedding.  I looked at a few of the Disney photos of myself and saw just how big I've gotten. Just putting back on the 30 pounds I had lost from stopping exercising has made such a big physical difference. I know that as my wedding is in October I'm not going to be skinny by then, but I CAN get back to walking and running again. I can get back to how good I felt.

So here are my goals for this challenge:

Replace soda with water - I want to cut out soda all together, but I know how hard that has been for me in the past, so I'm starting off half way. I can have one 20oz soda a day at work.  Once that runs out it is water for the rest of the day. I am not allowed to have soda at home.  At home I will instead drink water. I've done well with this in the past by keeping a jug of water in the fridge. I will go back to this habit.

Bring Lunch to Work - I will cut fast food by bringing lunch to work. This will also allow me to eat healthier as I can better control what type of food I am eating.

Go for a Daily Walk - Everyday I will go for at 30 minute walk. If possible I will do longer. I enjoy walking. After I've walked a bit I should be able to make it back up to jogging and get back to where I was.  (I have plans to buy a pool for the yard this summer, so I'll be able to get back to swimming too!)

5 Minutes to Breath - I won't call this a meditation because I have had so much trouble with meditation in the past, but I will stop every day either in the morning or at night to just calm down and breath for five minutes.

I am hoping that these goals will help me to destress over everything going on and get back to focus on what is important to me, my health, my family, my pets, my home and to once again achieve the healthy happiness I had reached not all that long ago. (Current happiness is good too, but I want to feel like I did then.)

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

Thanks. I'll admit, one of the reasons I came back is that I was looking at the photos of Disney this week. My first thought was, 'We look like we had so much fun.', but then my second thought was, 'I look bigger than I used to a year ago.' It's amazing how much of a difference that 30 pounds I had taken off then regained makes in my face. Plus I had a much healthier glow to me then too that I miss. As I want to look really good for my wedding photos, I want that healthy glow back. I know it came from cutting out the sodas and drinking water instead. And the exercise made my face look better, too. I want to get back there. I miss it.

• Like 1

Level 6 Magikarp

Hey Anaticula, welcome back! I came back too. And we have an important goal to work on. Lose the weight we gained when we weren't exercising or eating well. It's time to gain control of what we want and what we will do to get it. I'm here for you!

Mega-congrats on the engagement, boo-yaahh!!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Thanks everyone, it's good to be back. :) I can't wait for the wedding. We're going to do a medieval/renaissance theme. Going to be awesome. If I can get my mom to calm down, lol. We want a small simple wedding and she keeps making bigger and bigger plans. 

Terinatum, I guess the one good thing is that we know we can do it because we've done it before.

Okay, so yesterday was really good (with two small exceptions).

Day One Recap

Replace soda with water - I failed at this.  I'll straight up admit it. We had a bottle of orange soda left over from Sunday and I drank it when I got home. I hadn't yet put my jug of water in the fridge, so I have to get that done today. So a fail on this goal.  That was bad thing #1.

Bad thing #2 isn't as bad because I'm actively working to fix it.  I had a very rough bout of depression the last 2 weeks due to stress.  Because of that I let a group project I am working on for class fall off track. I let my team down. :( I sent them an email this morning explain what happened and promised to get started on my part of the project today. Hopefully I can make it up to them this week.

Bring Lunch to Work - I brought soup and a salad yesterday, so I did good. I also brought a container of cheese ball too. But I did stay away from the vending machine.  So I'm taking slow steps on this one.

Go for a Daily Walk - I did 1.52 miles in 35 minutes. It was a good start to things. :) Also, after the walk I tracked my heart beat and stress levels on my phone and my stress level is now at the lowest it has ever been when I tracked it.  Normally I am in the outrageously high section, yesterday I made it to the normal/high section. Very happy for that. I am hoping it means with regular walking I can get my stress level under control.

5 Minutes to Breath - I kind of sort of did this yesterday. My fiance and I both have beds from when he moved in. For the past few months mine has been on it's side against a wall waiting for us to move it.  Last night on a whim we put the two beds together to make one giant bed. Afterwards I just collapsed into bed not moving for a good long while, so that might count as my 5 minutes of breathing, lol. I have to admit I love having the huge bed. We both toss and turn, so I think having the giant bed will keep us from kicking each other and pushing each other out of bed as often, lol.

• Like 2

Level 6 Magikarp

Day Two Recap

Replace soda with water - I did really good with this yesterday. I did have an orange soda with breakfast, but all day at work I had nothing but water.  That evening at home I did have a soda with supper, but as both my morning and evening soda were much less than the amount of soda I'd normally drink at work I am still counting this as a success.

Bring Lunch to Work - I brought left over macaroni and a bunch of chopped up cucumbers for lunch.

Go for a Daily Walk - I did really good yesterday, I managed to do 1.7 miles in 38 minutes. :)

5 Minutes to Breath - I got my breathing time in.

In other news. Matt and I put both our beds together to make a bed the size of a full and a queen, and we've been sleeping like that for the past two nights. I have been sleeping so much better. Even the cats manage to all lay in the bed and ignore each other, which is a miracle as they usually constantly fight.  i think now none feel as if they are kicked off the bed. My post has been really late today as I've been insanely busy at work. I am exhausted and have gotten way more than 30 minutes of walking in today by running arround the office.  After work I'm calling it a day and going home to rest.  On the good side, no soda at all today, and I packed a lunch.  As long as I take a few minutes to breath after I get home today can still be a success. Part of the reason I'm headed straight home though is I have a big class assignment due tonight I need to get to work on. I'll be back tomorrow to read everyone I'm following's posts, but for now it's back to the grind.

• Like 1

Level 6 Magikarp

Day Three Recap

Replace soda with water - I had no soda at all yesterday! Woo!

Bring Lunch to Work - I had to stop at the store and buy a sandwich before work, but that still counts.

Go for a Daily Walk - I did not go for a walk yesterday for two reasons. #1 I spent 90% of my day at work either in meetings or running around the hallways trying to get paper done.  By noon I had 6,000 steps in. Not sure what my daily total was, but I did LOTS of walking yesterday.

5 Minutes to Breath - I did good on this.  My homework was stressing me out, so I lay down and just rested focusing on my breathing for a few minutes. It was really helpful.

Yesterday was a good day over all.  It was stressful due to all the meetings and trying to get ahold of everyone and then the homework assignment, but I managed to keep my priorities in order and get a lot done.

Doing my best today and tomorrow to get ready for Sunday. I'll be doing engagement/family photos of Matt, the girls, and I. This will be the first time since high school graduation that I've hired someone to take photos of me.  I'm a bit nervous as I know I'm overweight, and that saddens me a little.  I'm honestly worried that I'm going to just look at the photos and think how fat I look.   :( Luckily the photographer is an aunt of mine and she's one to keep taking photos until I find some I love. I'm also worried about keeping the girls semi-clean long enough for photos as they are both roll in the mud types, lol. They play hard and it's difficult to not have clothes full of holes and faces covered in dirt for them. But maybe if we just do a few photos with them quick we can then let them run while he and I finish up. I'd like to get at least one good photo of all of us, one of them individually and one of Matt and I. I'm sure it'll come out great and I'll look back and wonder why I worried, but until Sunday rolls around I'm going to be thinking about it.

Level 6 Magikarp

How did the rest of the week and your weekend go? ^_^ Do we get to see the photos??? (I know that if you do decide to share, it won't be for a while, but still!!!!) I'm sure you look fab!

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

The past few weeks have been rough, and once again I've fallen off track. I'm going to finish this one out the best I can and then pretty much start again next go round. I don't know why I can't keep it together for more than a few days at a time right now.  I suppose it is the stress of everything. I've got to just find some willpower and stick it out for a month. If I can do that then I should be able to get back on track. It's hard to get started again once you fall off. I think I'm going to spend a few days reading back over the information at the academy and get a notebook to write in as the day progresses about what I eat. Or as my phone has a built in food tracker I suppose I can turn that on and start tracking there.  I think that for the rest of this challenge I am going to focus on that goal only. Writing down everything I eat every day. That'll give me basically two weeks of food tracking, which will hopefully allow me to get in the habit for next challenge.

• Like 1

Level 6 Magikarp

Here are the photos and video of the engagement and all. I'll see if I can remember how to put it in spoiler tags so it won't make the page take forever to load.

At Disney - This is one of the photos that made me realize how big I've gotten.  It was really sad as I'd been hoping to print and frame my photo of me and Donald.
20160210_141035.jpg

The Proposal - When we met the Magic Kingdom Donald he proposed. I cannot get the video to show up, so here is a photo someone snapped for us.

20160209_204124.jpg

Making the Ring - He made my ring himself. For some reason I can't get the slide show he made of the ring making process to show up, so here is a photo of it instead.

20160209_205041.jpg

Wedding Dress - This is the dress I'm getting.  Had a lot of issues persuading my mom that I wanted to buy this dress instead of letting her make my dress.

Screenshot_2016-02-19-18-59-22.png

• Like 3

Level 6 Magikarp

Food tracking sounds like a good plan.

I get falling off, I did it on Saturday and again today! uurrggg!!

It's okay though, because we are still awesome peeps!

Take care!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Falling off happens, but it's good to take a step back, figure out why it happened, and then readjust accordingly, which is what it looks like you're doing, so yay! Remember: baby steps is key. And you're only human, and no human is perfect except for maybe like. John Barrowman and NPH. So forgive yourself and move on. ^_^

That said, love your pics! And that ring and that dress are absolutely gorgeous!!!

• Like 1

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Food tracking has been going well.  With so much other stuff going on by at least tracking my food, and being honest by putting EVERYTHING I eat on there i can at least see what is going on. By the end of this challenge I should be in the hang of food tracking, then I can do the try to stay under the goal part of tracking. I've also removed every quest I completed from the Academy and am restating. I really need to go back to basics and work through everything again so I can get back to where I want to be.  I know that eating will be my biggest issue as I am a stress eater and I've got a lot of stress going on right now with everything. Once I graduate I can start back up at the gym or whatever. I've been paying nearly $600 a month for my classes at LSU and I can use that money for other stuff now. I'm debating between going back to the gym, which I used mainly for the pool, or getting a back yard pool this summer for me and the kids (but I'd have to buy another one next summer) and finding some other sort of exercise for winter. It would end up being less in the long run to buy a new small pool every summer and take something fun like belly dancing classes or yoga sessions or just signing up for the 5k runs or doing trail runs for free than doing the full gym like I was before. I think that for this summer though, while I'm taking classes and have lots of stress and no extra money most of my goals will be about learning to eat healthier. 

Level 6 Magikarp

Hi!  I didn't notice your challenge until now.  Sorry you had so many struggles that kept you away but congrats on the engagement.  That is awesome news.  We are glad you are back.  

Just remember to start with small goals, things you can stick to without using up ALL of your motivation.  And just keep getting up and coming back.  I'll be watching for your challenge next time around so I can follow. :D

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4