Traning and Feeding of a young Lycanthrope

Surakha

First off a little about me for any newbies to my challenges.  I am a 34 year old clinical psychologist from Chicago who used to be  a very athletic and very flexible  rock climber, dancer, and fencer.  Now, I am  extremely sedentary and working on losing a significant amount of weight while exploring flexibility and movement as a fat person.  

I have really struggled to finish challenges and to make changes in my life because  of a very stressful job and the pressures of  managing both my own mental illness and my wife's. I can't seem to stop trying though, and I find this community tremendously welcoming and supportive.  Come along with me while I write about shapeshifters and try to change my life!

--,--'--@

Main Quest: reduce my body size by 4% a loss of 15.46 lbs. 

Goal 1: Whole30. My eating needs a re set in the worst way.  In order to get back to eating in a healthy primal manner I will begin by completing a  strict whole 30, tracking all the food I eat, and using Melissa Joulwan's amazing meal planning and cook up system, I adore her paleo cookbooks and her general way of handling food. 

Goal 2: Continue to improve flexibility and strength by integrating in at least one more yoga video from my list of beginner videos that make me nervous. I would like to work up to the

Goal 3: In addition to my daily yoga for my back pain, I want to add walking to my program. I am so ridiculously  sedentary, and I want to improve my cardiovascular health so that I can do more things. I am starting this off by taking a 10 minute walk every day. I would prefer this to be outside,  but it can also be on the elliptical  if its bad weather. 

Lifestyle Goal: I want to be more creative by writing more. I  used to love writing and I still do love  to imagine things. I just need to  let go of the critical voices in my head. I plan to do 4 big story updates and at least 8 smaller updates over the course of the challenge. In addition, I will journal daily about my food journey, and once weekly using ACT.

• Like 2

Lv 0 Leandran Ranger

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0| WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Current Challenge: Surakha Rises: The hunt for Ebon

gallery_36476_2117_119264.png  Fala Goes Hunting

Fala Fourtusk snorted twice, decisively. She lifted each foot, stamping her trotters down through the thin frost and into the moldy leaves underneath, settling herself firmly against the earth’s grounding. Her energies were jumpy and electric in her boar form on a good day, but on this morning the woods were murmuring in a worried sussurus of windblown leaves. There was nothing for it- Fala had to ground deeper and find her way to the Arch Dryad before whatever the treegirls were mumbling about came to be. This stretch of woods was hers and she would guard it to her last dying breath. The bristles on her humped red back stood on end as the green growing energy of the forest spilled up into her. Her eyes took on a faint green glow as she turned, dowsing this way and that seeking the trail. She turned, circling in place, reaching… Ah! There! A faint whiff of apple came to her, sweet ripe scent out of season. Fala ran, surprisingly fast despite her humped shape.The apple scent led her deeper and deeper into the glen, had her dodging and ducking through tunnels of briar. 

As she came closer to the heart of the forest, she began to see ripples of energy, apple green tinged with red and gold. The smell of blossoms was all around her and she felt saliva pool in her mouth as she craved the sweet tart taste of the end of season’s orchard windfalls. She twisted and strained, pulling herself through a narrow opening in the brush and stumbled out into a sunny clearing. The space was circled with apple trees, a ring of ladies in waiting surrounding the great central tree, the home of the Arch Dryad of the Calderwood. Fala rushed to cross the space, nodding to the treegirls as she passed, barely making time for formality.  The weight of the forest’s ominous potential rode her, driving her inwards like a whip’s lash. She skidded to s stop before her matriarch and slid to her knees, transforming into her half human half boar shape as she moved so that she could speak the tongue of the treegirls. She waited, panting, for the Dryad queen to acknowledge her, her breath steamed into the silence, a harsh and grating sound. The Syrwoman looked up, confused, to see the Arch Dryad bent in concentration over the prone and bloody body of- a human?

• Like 1

Lv 0 Leandran Ranger

iStock_000005089840XSmall.jpg Abby Falls Down

Abigail Chase was late home again.  She had stayed after school to talk with her art teacher about her independent study and as always the two had fallen into a comfortable banter and lost all track of time.  Abby’s art teacher was young and somehow more vibrant than the others; it made it hard to contain herself and her love of paint on canvas, especially when she knew that there was no room for such things in the  very proper and business minded Chase household.  She hunched her shoulders to settle her sling bag more comfortably against her back and walked rapidly down the hill. Abby’s mind was full of color theory and the power of adding  ink washes to create depth, she was so distracted that she barely noticed when her path shifted from the park path and into the woods.  She moved on autopilot down the old familiar trail, walking fast and sure, eyes shining at the pictures forming in her mind waiting to be put on canvas.  She never saw the paw prints cross the trail, deep indentations in the soft soil showing the heavy weight of a large predator.  Though her eyes were cast up at times, she never saw the stalking shadow slide from branch to branch above her.  When the attack came, it was just shadow and weight, a bright starburst of pain, a scream like a woman dying, then falling in to the darkness and the silence.

--‘--,--@*@--,--‘--

The treegirl knew it was not her place to meddle, but things were far out of place and her tree was drinking in coppery red blood here so close to the humans’ trails. She sent a call to her sisters, made the trees rustle as if in mighty wind, set old dead branches to snap, startling the hulking shape, making it glance up, move back from its pretty to investigate the possible danger.  Quick as lighting the treegirl darted out and enveloped the prey, pulling the human child into her tree and through, to the Grove of the Arch Dryad.  She laid her before her mistress and prostrated herself,  barkskin itching with the touch of violent death.  The Arch Dryad had the story form her in an instant and turned to the human child, laying her out to examine her.  The treegirl scampered backwards with relief, felt the calls for healer and warrior pass through her as she slipped  back through the  grove  and  into her own tree again.  Her mind was already turning from the girl towards the housecleaning in front of her. 

• Like 1

Lv 0 Leandran Ranger

Hooray, a part 2 to the story. I hope you're able to get a little more done with your goals this time. But work and life do get in the way sometimes, and that's hardly your fault.

Oh gods does it ever.  Over the past month I have: 

- worked at 2 different deprartments

- carried a caseload of 8 people

- given 3 talks on trans people 2 focusing on youth in schools, one more general and given at 2 hours notice.

- attended 5 -6 hours of didactic or supervision each week. 

- Coped with multiple suicidal patients

- gone to a con in Princeton

- reset my sleep schedule

- fought to cope with my food issues

-gamed a lot

*pant pant*  And February is a short month. Hoping March will run a bit smoother.  please!

• Like 2

Lv 0 Leandran Ranger

She wandered down the long corridors of her mind,  examining her memories like books on a shelf.  Smiling she ran her fingers across the bindings of old familiar childhood days playing in the  sprinkler or riding across Hoden's fields on her  bike.  As she walked her feet began to feel heavy, like she was wearing winder boots out of season.  Her calves tingled as heat began to spread up her legs,  coating her body in a  prickly uncomfortable  blanket.  Abby began to move faster, breaking into a  shambling run, trying to escape the fear that rose with the heat, now  covering her hips and filling her chest with a roiling nauseous fullness. She threw a hand out to balance herself against the shelves and  screamed whens he saw not her  fingers with their  purple painted nails and ink stains but a tawny paw with long black claws. As hard as she fought, she was helpless as the  paw mauled the books, tore inky rents in her mind.  She felt  like a passenger, unable to  exert her will,  trapped  behind the eyes of a monster. 

Fala watched the girl, silent and still, saw the ripples of fur moving beneath her her human shell.  She breathed deep,  scenting magics of change and  feeling the darkness cresting.  The Syrwoman looked to the  Arch Dryad and snorted once to clear the stink of power from her nose.  "Shifters, rogue in the woods and near the human lands. It can't be any of our people,  for they know the law."  She turned again to the girl, so silent and still,  a small pale thing with no claws to rend, so full of danger and potential malice.  " Am I to  hunt  then?"

the answer came like syllabant wind through tree branches. "no... No.  to teach."

--,--'--@

Binge eating is like  being taken over by a monster.  Sometimes even when I am doing it I am perfectly aware that I am and that I should not be,   but I feel completely unable to control my body or stop myself. I don't know how to diffuse the craving, to  keep from mindlessly following the well worn behavioral patterns. It is disheartening and hard.  I know though, from  science and from my own therapeutic experience, that it is  manageable,  it will take will, practice,  a strong connection to my values, and possibly a teacher.  we  shall see. 

In other news, the challenge is going really well.  Eating whole 30 feels easy, satisfying and delicious. I am just now venturing  in  to the first day of carb cravings and I expect the rest of the week will be all about sugar detox,  but the food I get to eat is  satisfying, delicious and easy to prepare.  Overall I am so happy we are doing this.  Walking has been less good because it has been a snowy slushy mess for the past two days.  Finally today is nice out if cold so off I go!  Yoga is great and I love it.  Not to bad for a day 3.  Not too bad. 

• Like 3

Lv 0 Leandran Ranger

Loving the writing so far. Just happened across your thread because it said Lycanthrope in the title and very glad I did. (Also hello other former fencer!)

Wishing you luck in your efforts - work is rough when schedule derails attempts to do good things. Sounds like whole 30 is good so far which is awesome. *sending good vibes your way*

2021 Reading Challenge | Walk to Mordor

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

Loving the writing so far. Just happened across your thread because it said Lycanthrope in the title and very glad I did. (Also hello other former fencer!)

Wishing you luck in your efforts - work is rough when schedule derails attempts to do good things. Sounds like whole 30 is good so far which is awesome. *sending good vibes your way*

So glad you are liking it!  I ma so behind in my updates because work totally ate my life last week but the challenge is actually going  extremely well. : P  go figure.  Anyhow, I think Fala and her exploits are going to be my  story/character focus for  2016. Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Lv 0 Leandran Ranger