Paladin, Warrior of the light, Elanor the Fair's Challenge #8

Elanor the Fair

Hello! 

I dare to enter the warriors guild! A Paladin I want to become, riding my noble steed! 

Since now I always stayed around the Adventurers guild, but to become a knight you have to become strong so for this challenge I move to here, to find support and guidance on my quest to become a warrior.

Check out my other challenges to read more about me, my main goals and on my character page you can see my overall main quests!

lets-do-this-ucas-gif.gif

Challenge from February 29th to March 25th 2016

My diet quest:
track the "unhealthy" food (all that's not paleo) in my agenda
--> The reward of the last challenge has been an agenda (I'm going to buy it tomorrow) and instead of tracking all my food and calories, I will track all food that doesn't fit my diet. There will be the "red ones": processed foods, cakes, sweets etc. and moderate ones: potatoes, rice, canned fruit etc. quantity will be tracked too! So, you will be on the list, chunk of milk chocolate!!!! ;)

My fitness quest:
Do at least 9 workouts in those 4 weeks (2-3 per week)
--> I will start small to be able to improve instead of always wanting too much nad then being frustrated. I will try different sets and reps and keep everything rather soft and to start slowly to pudh myself more and more.

My life quest (I consider it fitness related):
Record one song per week and upload it to YouTube
--> yeah, you'll be able to see the result yourself hehe

Mini-Quests
What I want to get done in those 4 weeks --> these quests might still change

- Work with each of my horses at least once
- Do a 10 km hike with my husband and the dogs
- Finish to install my fitness space
- Reorganize my workspace

-----

So, that's it for now! I'll try to update at least 2-3 times per week!

Let's rock this challenge! Advice accepted!
Elanor the Fair
  • Like 2

Level 9 Human-Viking Paladin
Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

My journey - Elanor's official Blog

My weekly Fitness-Vlog on YouTube

How is your quest going Elanor?  I'm looking forward to the song.

• Like 1

Nate the Strong

Warforged Paladin

Level 8 | STR-33 | DEX-11 | STA-18 | CON-14 | WIS-17 | CHA-14

535/365/610:1510

243/243/166/277:685

'He who conquers himself is mightier than he who conquers a city.'
'Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;'

yes - here I am with my first report and yes, I kicked my butt to get that first workout done!!!!

Yay! Body feels so good and I still feel the progress from the last times I worked out. 

What I did? Some kind of body weight workout lvl 1: inclines push ups, inclines inverted rows, squats, plank and some kind of intense cardio. 8 workouts to go!!! :D

For my diet quest:

so, first of all I went into 2 stores that didn't sell any agendas -BUT I found one I had bought sometime end of last year for 1 € and I'll be using that for the moment. Writing down only "bad" foods really was a smart choice because it was really much easier for me to resist the temptations of unhealthy foods because I knew I would be reminded of them. This is really really helpful - it's like literally seeing when I eat unhealthy. 

I decided to write down everydays "bad food report" here too, so to push the effort even more!

Today:

1 piece of white Toblerone (grr, friend of ours sent it to us but I resisted eating the whole package - which is huge for me)

200g of bread - it was so fresh - I couldn't resist ... sigh

100g of Gnocci (which are made of potatoes, so not that worse)

50g Maasdamer cheese to go with tonights paleo omelette

Ok, the "Singing-Quest": I was practising today already but decided I needed to make some more training and I had to reboot my mobile phone for the app to tune my guitar. But, one thing is sure - you will hear me singing until end of the week - 

BTW - do you have any song suggestions?

• Like 2

Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

hehe - but I "sadly" don't know any because I was always that big nerd girl, prefering to study instead of partying - I'm catching up on that nowadays but I'm still no big drinker ;)

hehe

so, just a qucik update.

Yesterday I only had one "red" slip: 

20g bread

and for the "blue" ones:

100g rice

50g Maasdamer cheese

40g of nuts (almonds and walnuts)

so I'm quite satisfied! :D

However, I will be able to record the song only tomorrow I'm afraid :(

• Like 2

so, the update of the last days of this week will come tonight or tomorrow but I finally was able to record the song!!!!

I left my little flaws - it's authentic and I'm doing it for fun - the reason I do this is to get myself out of my comfort zone ;) . Check it out:

We're all rooting for you Elanor. Maybe consider recording a song and not sharing it this week? Break that into two separate steps and share a song next week.

Thank you Laghail - the problem wasn't the sharing part - it was recording it and I had to film it 3 times because so many things can go wrong ;) I don't have much experience with it yet hehe.

I'm sorry I didn't make any drinking song but as I said, I don't know any - YET! ;)

• Like 2

omg, sorry, I completely screwed my update here - I'll keep it short because I really have to focus on some things at the moment, but with the help of the diet plan that the user apocalypse did for me I spent a relaxed week end - adapting as possible. Today was the first major slip in my diet because sme friend brought us authentic "Schwäbische Maultaschen" a dish served in southern Germany and I ate - but as I had my other diet more or less in check I think this is acceptable.

You'll hear from me soon I hope - maybe also in form of the next song!

• Like 1

I thought about grabbing the "Brave Sir Robin" song, but decided against it because Paladins appeal to me.

There is a lot of junk that has slipped into my diet.  I track MFP, but I also try to decide on what happened.  Most common for me is "Meal Planning Fail" and that would be a mismatch between the number of meals planned and the number of days in a week.  :lol:

Looks like right now you are tracking and eventually you will have a target for number of "unhealthy" but very tasty foods.  That correct?

Good luck!

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

as i said. one not so exact meal now and then will not kill you. you still have four good meals in a day. :) and in other days there are five good meals.

has there been hunger between meals? And i forgot to tell you! try to keep track of missteps too. this one has seemingly been very fine if only

i had no clue that you are a fellow guitarist! have you been playing for long?

and about "Maultaschen":

traditional German dish that originated in the region of Swabia (in Baden-Württemberg). It consists of an outer-layer of pasta dough which encloses a filling traditionally consisting of minced meat, smoked meat, spinach, bread crumbs and onions and flavoured with various herbs and spices (e.g. pepper, parsley and nutmeg). Maultaschen are similar to the Italian ravioli but are typically larger in size—each Maultasche being approximately 8-12 centimeters (3-5 inches across). They are almost invariably square or rectangular in shape.

that is straight out from wikipedia. Even if it isn't in that form in a meal plan, it doesn't sound like an unhealthy meal. it's actually a pretty decent food unless wikipedia forgets to mention boiling them in butter or something. so i doubt there is a need to worry about it. :)

yes, the german ravioli are still not the worst food choice ;) thank you for everything apocalypse :D

I'm sorry that I don't update as often at the moment - in my family are many things going on - I discovered my sister strugglnig with severe depression for many years. The worst thing about depression: you can't talk about it with the person unless she's able to open herself.

This year I discovered how depression could feel myself and I think this was the key so I finally could understand her and she starts to trust and to open bit by bit. It's not like she would hurt herself, but she brings herself down and even tough living a fulfilled life, she's not able to enjoy it.

Remember my blogpost where I talk about opening myself up and speaking my mind immediatly instead of chewing it down with food? I told her about that and since then she seems to get courage to open herself. I don't claim to be the reason, I'm just a little overwhelmed by everything that's happening. 

This is the reason why, in the evenings, I have no more energy to update here, although I try as much as I can to stay with my diet plan. Please send me some positive energy - I don't know how this will go on but I hope so much she will be better and that everything turns out fine!

so, it's me again, just dropping in to tell you that I did today's workout, went healthy grocery shopping yesterday, recorded the next song (will upload tomorrow I think) and tracked all my bad food slips into my agenda :) AND I wrote a blog entry about the situation this week with my sisters depression etc. - so if any of you wants to read mor about it ...

Now, a quick update:

progress into the challenge:

50%
50%

Workouts: done 3 of 9

33%
33%

Weight dropped:

+100g 

Songs recorded: 2 out of 4

50%
50%

Days without any "red food": 4/13

Days with only a small slip (150 kcal): 6/13

hey there! I'm leaving for Germany today so this will be a quick update. I've done 2 more workouts, eating has been same: a small slip everyday but I write everything down, I've updated my blog and recorded another song, and weight hasn't shifted at all. I hope to be able to do regular updates while I'm away - if not, you'll read me latest Easter Monday :D

See the song I uploaded today:

• Like 1

so, I came back yesterday from a wonderful week in Germany with friends and family and lots of food of course. I'll update in detail later, but I just dropped in to say that I'm back again.

Let me conclude this challenge - 

Overall it was very informative although it didn't turn out the way I expected. With the help of apocalypse I tried a new meal plan which I will try to intensify with the upcoming challenge.

I worked out 5 times out of 9 and was forced to be more careful afterwards because I injured my leg slightly. As I went to Germany I decided to let go of pressuring myself to much about it. Grade C

Except the time in Germany I tracked all food that I ate that I considered "unhealthy" and most of the time had only one of them per day or none at all wich is a huge win for me!!! Grade B

With my last weigh in on Monday I went up +300g on the scale which, with all my slips im surprised that it stayed about the same. Grade C

For the song recordings: I uploaded only 3 songs but I recorded 5 and I did a music CD for my grandma where I also recorded my sisters playing the piano so I thing this is a 100% check there also!! Grade A

Now, for the mini-quests I mentioned I have to admit that I totally forgot about them - some I've completed, others were just not realistic when I'm looking back at them. Grade D

Now, what grade will this be for this challenge?

it's a C+ but I'm not sure if I calculated this correctly because I don't know much about the english or american grading system. It will give me 2 points for my attributes to level up and my reward will be a hometrainer bike a friend of mine got from his grandpa :)

So, this is it for this challenge - next one will be with the Druids I think but nothing's decided yet!!!

Thank you for all your support - yours, Elanor