You are a member of the rebel alliance, and a traitor. [Endor]

Endor

Time to turn my back on The Empire once again!

I need to get my nutrition in order, so this challenge will be all about sorting out my diet, which is in terrible shape at the moment.

Goals:

1. Get help to setup a nutrition plan and execute it

2. Cold turkey on video games for this challenge at least.

That's it for now, it will involves sub goals I expect which I'll update later once I have the plan. I'm going to setup a session with a nutritionist and ask for a 4 week food plan.Hopefully I can get a session sorted out this week.

• Like 6

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Let's see how you go bud.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

This is awesome. I can't wait to see how you do!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Uggh I'm sick. Soon as i stop working i get crook, typical!

Am away on hols so no workouts and no goal progress yet.

Will be doing 16.2 on mon am back home sun...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Back home, still a bit sick but heaps better.

Crossfit Open workout 16.2 this morning.

4 mins:

Got 9 reps of Toes to Bar (Rx)

Actually quite pleased with that since I only got my first one about 10 days ago.

I've booked in with the nutritionist but it's a 3 week wait for an appointment so this won't happen until next challenge. I might reset my goals, for now I have done a mini plan myself which I'll try to follow for this week and see how I go.

Pretty busy at work again.

Going  to a concert (The Charlatans) Friday night in Sydney with an old Uni mate who I only just got back in touch with after 20 years, should be fun.  Here's one of their better known songs:

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Sort of, I'm her lesser known twin, here we are in a family portrait. (I'm on the right!)

Princess-Leia-Jabba-Hutt-Slave-Bikini.jp

Oh, I see you are a man of the world.

But, do you think it is appropriate to make your sister dress like that? I mean, so much metal, that must be uncomfortable...

• Like 1

Oh, I see you are a man of the world.

But, do you think it is appropriate to make your sister dress like that? I mean, so much metal, that must be uncomfortable...

It's a nightmare going through customs with her at the airport!

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

These 4 week challenges are a challenge for me to do properly, if I'm busy the weekend before the challenge I tend to miss the start and then don't get my rhythmn and lots of other assorted excuses :nevreness:

I haven't done a weigh in for a while so here it is:

09/03/2016 - 85kg

I'm unofficially changing my goals since I can't get in to see the nutritionist for 3 weeks:

New Goals

- Eat 'clean'

- Alcohol only 1 night a week

- Get enough sleep (7+ hrs a night)

- cold turkey on video games

On Sunday I used MFP to setup a 1 day meal plan and while I was doing it I ran over the calorie numbers for a lot of foods and was honest with myself about some of the junk i have been eating recently. OMG potato chips (crisps) are sooo bad! Anyway I have reminded myself why I stopped eating a lot of stuff and am feeling like I can get back on track.

Yesterday was a really busy day, I was up at 5:30 to be at the box doing 16.2 at 6:30. A flat out day with work (but got heaps done) and then squash in the evening. I didn't get home until 9pm, watched a little TV with my wife then went to bed and read my book. It was the first day in a long time that I have eaten 'clean', didn't drink any beer and went to bed early. I feel pretty good this morning :)

It's not all good, I got whooped at squash 3-0 :nightmare:  I have some quite bad callous tears from 16.2 so I had to strap my hand heavily which interfered with my game. I was also really tired but I still got a great HIIT workout in and every match I get faster. It's given me some more motivation to drop a few kilos too. All the games were close (15-13 or so) and there were a lot of shots I was only a cm or two from getting to.

I feel the need, the for speed!

tumblr_mq1jx9LS6J1swqozuo4_400.gif

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

You talking about the frog toy on the left?

• Like 2

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

So you say mate, so you say. [emoji6]

Nice poodle by the way.

• Like 1

Crossfit Open workout 16.2 this morning.

4 mins:

Got 9 reps of Toes to Bar (Rx)

Actually quite pleased with that since I only got my first one about 10 days ago.

I reckon the people who decide on the Crossfit Open workouts are spying on you.

In 16.1, you only just got your first C2B pull up... so they put that in 16.1!

Now you only just got your first Toes to Bar, so they put that in 16.2! Grats on managing 9 of them!

I bet if you get a muscle up tomorrow that will be in 16.3 :) :) :)

• Like 2

Good session at the box yesterday.

PT 1 hour 09/03/2016

Strength:

3RM Thrusters (yuck)  - Bar, 30,40,45,50,55,60kg

3RM Deadlift - Bar, 60,70,80,90,100,110kg

Skills:

Muscle Up Transition practice: catch x 3 reps

3 position Snatch: bar, 25, 30, 35, 40kg

Metcon:

4 rounds

1 min AMRAP row  16,15,17,18

1 min AMRAP wall balls 14,13,13,12

2 min rest

That 60kg Thruster is the heaviest I've been overhead in a very very long time. I think that might even be a PR but either way it's good to know I have got it in me.

I've been struggling with my deadlift for about 6 weeks now, just not feeling strong and getting a sore back. Today coach told me my feet were too far apart, I was using more of a squat position. Brought them in closer and easily jacked up the weight. I think that 3RM DL @ 110kg might be a PR as well, my (very old) 1RM is 130kg so it sounds like ti could be. Anyway feels great to be back into decent weight again.

Yesterday I tried muscle up transitions for the first time. As with most skill work it tends to take me a quite a lot of practice to 'get' it, sometimes I think I need more practice than others but once I have the skill it's usually there for good. I found the MU transitions quite hard, my wrists, particularly the right one which I had a serious injury to last year, are still quite weak and my shoulder flexibility is not good.  I missed one of the catches and kind of twisted my arm/shoulder, it was pretty ugly. To be quite honest I am fearful of another injury, I'd love to get a Muscle up but I really don't want to get injured again just when things are starting to come together. I need to mull this over.

I'm trying to change the way I think about awful, horrible, suxors, wall balls so i won't say anything negative about them :tongue:

I'll be doing 16.3 tomorrow an hour after it's announced. Tomorrow evening I'm going to see the Charlatans, Saturday I've been invited to a birthday party at a friend's house. Kind of a big deal because I don't have many friends where I live so it will be a good chance to meet some new people. The guy who's party it is has only been a friend for a couple months and he seems like a great guy so I'm pretty stoked I got invited :)  Now I have to think of a birthday present for someone who's mid 50's and got it all already.....probably going to be a top shelf bottle of red.

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

But... but... the frog toy is cute too...

You know about the French and the English right?!

We call them Frogs and they call us Roast Beef.

Here's a TV Ad from my childhood that will give you an idea of the National sentiment!

So you say mate, so you say. [emoji6]

Nice poodle by the way.

Thanks, he's the bomb ;)

I reckon the people who decide on the Crossfit Open workouts are spying on you.

In 16.1, you only just got your first C2B pull up... so they put that in 16.1!

Now you only just got your first Toes to Bar, so they put that in 16.2! Grats on managing 9 of them!

I bet if you get a muscle up tomorrow that will be in 16.3 :) :) :)

I think you might be right.....either that or my coach has a ton of experience and knows what's likely to be in the WOD's ;)

Tried my first ever MU transitions yesterday, much harder than they look.....if there are MU's in the Open this year I will probably try 1 but scaled is much more likely. I'd love to Rx but I have to be realistic, I can't expect to just knock out a MU with no practice.

My prediction is 16.3 will be wall balls and snatch.....you heard it here first :D

Coach reckons the repeat from 2015 will be Thrusters and Rowing. It's a hideous workout:

27-21-15-9 reps for time of:

Row (calories)

Thrusters (43kg)

No time cap

I hope that's not what it is, with no time cap there is nowhere to hide, I might be at that WOD for an hour to get those 72 thrusters!!

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge