Glass - no. 11: a thought

Glass

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

62882972-256-k342692.jpg

New challenge time! 

New month, new goals, same habits. This month I want to introduce monthly goals, along with my continual persistent and consistent habits in the 3 areas I want to improve in. For this month is about cleaning up, minimizing, simplifying. That means getting rid of the stuff you wanted to do and cleaning up your to do list. So less talk more action:

--

Dream #1: Social skills

-AM/PM journal, go out with friends, read books, read social circles pdf, coach.me program, watch documentaries, listen to podcasts, start volunteering, start going to more concerts/meetups

To-do's for the month: finish the 2 pdfs on your Onedrive: Social circles, What to say next

Stats: +1 sta, +1 con +2 wis, +1 cha   

A: 6 sessions a week, 24 total   

Dream #2: Play Guitar in a band   

-Weekly lessons, resume AUG course music theory, ear training apps, jam with people, look into cape cod conservatory

To-do's for the month: Start early, look into 4c's music classes, cape cod conservatory classes and opportunities before the opportunity closes

Stats: +1 dex, +2 wis, +1 cha  

Dream #3: Improve Jiu-Jitsu

-Go to the dojoblackbelt concepts course, read 'Jiu-jitsu University', improve cooking/diet, start yoga, work on master list, read dont bring your gi to the bar

To-do's for the month: Read "Don't bring your gi to the bar," and watch the "Choke" documentary featuring Rickson Gracie. Finish the grid of positions so you can consolidate all your learnings. 

Stats: +3 str, +1 dex, +1 sta, +1 con

tumblr_ny0jyxuZkr1sqowkdo1_500.jpg

--

• Like 1

Level 70. Adventure Knight. 

str 135.3 dex 126.3 sta 136.7 con 137.2 wis 154.5 cha 143.1 

"You have in you the seeds of greatness and the seeds of destruction. The seeds you nurture will prevail. Choose wisely."

"Spring comes, the grass grows by itself" ~Zen proverb

tumblr_numv0pgsPH1svwoago1_500.jpg

2-29.

-Went early to work, stayed late, took a nap, played some video games, went back to work for 3 hrs, then played a little more. Long day.

-reflections

3-1.

-Ear training in bed after a long day. this worked well, i was really interested. at the end of a day, in bed, with speakers.

-reflections, livining.

3-2.

-BJJ class

-Guitar lesson, some ear training

-reflections, conversations with people

"You have in you the seeds of greatness and the seeds of destruction. The seeds you nurture will prevail. Choose wisely."

tumblr_n55207s4b51suvno8o1_500.png

3-3.

-Ear training apps, some testing and the realization that I wanted to sing!

-reflections, like always

-Some grid work for bjj

3-4.

-So let this be a lesson. No "meaningless relaxation" for more than  30 minute break until you get all yoru passions done. I didnt fit guitar in because i forgot to bring my backpack to the cafe, and because i ate and phoned for an hour then watched an hour of house of cards instead. Ok.

-BJJ class. first time ever being the teacher, even if it was just for one student. 

-reflections, living

3-5.

-BJJ grid, some neck exercises. 

-Ear training, liked the app enought to pay $8 for it. this will really help me with intervals, just did half tones and tones today.

-reflections, yeaaa

3-6.

-BJJ grid, more neck exercises

-Ear traiing

-reflections

• Like 1

tumblr_o1dr2n1GW11u2f6pgo1_250.jpg

WEEK 1 WRAP-UP

Social: 7/6 (117%)

Guitar: 5/6 (83%)

Jiu-jitsu: 5/6 (83%)

Overall: 17/18 (94%)

-Solid start to the challenge. Haven't worked on my monthly to-do's though, so need to put in time for that. That should be what I spend "extra" time on my days off, asides from my normal habit progress everyday.

tumblr_nl75mqXYuM1r6vjaeo1_500.jpg

3-7.

-Singing with Enoch

-BJJ grid

-Reflections, hanging out, japan research

3-8.

-Lets see. Things I did instead of my passions in guitar and jiujitsu: 

-Get sleep

-Lunch with parents and aunt

-Haircut

-Fill gas

-Shopping

-Social reflections

-Catch up on quotes, Nerdfitness challenge threads and reviews, tumblr pics

-Catchup with my coworkers and the pharmacy

-Eat dinner with parents

-New backgrounds for phone

-Drive back while listening to audible

-Shower

-play underworld empire

-pm activities

-So yeah, busy with a lot of food adn haircut and catching up and driving and sleeping "early." oh well. Did a lot today. Meaningful work, meaningless relaxation, meaningful relaxation.

3-9.

-BJJ class. some bottom guard x choke variations, into armbar. 

-Ear training, explored some apps for music theory, sight reading,  vocal warmups, and singing. Lots of insight.

-reflections

tumblr_ncud8aovM01tyvinto1_500.jpg

3-10.

-BJJ grid

-Ear trianing app, singing

-reflections, the girl

3-11.

-BJJ grid

-Ear training, singing

-reflections

3-12.

-Ear training

-magazines, reflections, went out instead of bjj, watched house of cards before finishing passions. 

3-13.

-Went out again, on a "date." fun but i was uncomfortable

-Ear training

art-artsy-black-black-and-white-Favim.co

WEEK 2 WRAP-UP

Guitar: 6/6 (100%)

Jiu-jitsu: 4/6 (67%)

Overall: 17/18 (94%)

-A little bit slack on the BJJ grid, guess doing a grid is kind of boring but its also rehashing my notes and making a compendium of everything i know, which i can use to think about all my options in each position. More thinking now so I can do less thinking when i practice. Overall though, I"m happy. :)

tumblr_mtz09tJyOK1r44l79o1_500.gif

3-14.

-BJJ class

-ear training

-reflections

3-15.

-ear training

-reflections, living

3-16.

-ear training, scotty guitar lesson. time to start on music theory too!

-BJJ grid

-reflections, first time going to a group (for zen meditation)

3-17.

-Ear training, some music theory with scales and intervals

-BJJ grid

-hanging out x2, some audible

tumblr_nkwizpPFbp1suzwj0o1_500.jpg

3-18. 

-Slept late from the night before, worked all day, too tired after staying late to do the schedule. just life.

3-19.

-BJJ grid, done atlast! for now anyway. Now i can look and improve each area, or continue the lessons and videos, or focus on improving each section to meet the minimum competencies.

-Reflections, cleaned email, went on a date(?), reflections more

3-20.

-Worked all day, 8-8, sent 2 business emails, caught up. house of cards, food, relax, a little reflection.

963cac292708eee97eb48ec054daa4e3e7a6c31b

WEEK 3 WRAP-UP

Guitar: 4/6 D (67%)

Jiu-jitsu: 4/6 (67%)

Overall: 15/18 B (83%)

-I could blame this on House of Cards haha. This season was not as good as the first three, though it got relaly good near the end of season 4. Anyway, its hard to do work on after a 12 hr day, so overall not too bad. I really have to think about minimalism and just cutting out excess knowledge that I won't have to use, or love to use, or encounter in my everyday life realistically. Cut out knowledge. Save time for the knowledge you want to learn, and cut away from the kind that you dont really need to make you happier

Dwayne-Johnson-Quote-The-Rock-Motivation

3-21.

-Ear training with piano, going through crutches and tunes. 

-BJJ class

-reflections, life

3-22.

-Ear training, some music theory, guitar lesson

-read "dont bring your gi to the bar," first third

-reflections

3-23.

-Sang a bit, played karaoke game, read about key signatures

-BJJ class, read about not bringing your gi to the bar, and how to talk about it in your life

-Talked, reflected, read the pdf a little. on how to know what ot say, strands, the art of conversation and making statements over questions.

3-24.

-Read some bjj stuff

-reflections

tumblr_ny9zs7Rr211rsmg7no1_r1_500.jpg

3-25.

-Seminar on brain funciton, brain disorders, habits, addiction, learning, and human nature. Its funny, I can go to an event like this, block out my day, tell my friends about it, and feel fine and commited, but its hard to do the same with reading a book ro taking notes on a book. What if I can schedule a book or a learning event for half a day like this, tell my friends, be commited, and finish it? That would be great

-Spent the day recovering, doing finances, thinking about minimalism, sleeping, refjilling my proverbial bucket. No guitar or jiujitsu today

3-26.

-bought plane tickets, reflections. honestly good reflections. I learn somethign everytime, huh? she doesnt mean nothing to me, just accept it. And yup, the 12 hr day dragged. 8-11pm was just staying a bit after, buying food, eating and watching tv, those hrs go by really fast. no time to just do passions. What about meangingless relaxation and max breaks at 30 min? thats true, 1 futurama episode OR underworld empire, not both. then go to work. 

3-27. 

-Wow, I was right, i was way to wiped to do anything. 12 hr day, little sleep, stayed an hour late, got food and ate, then went home and sat at the tv and watched futurama. 1 episode turned into 3, and then there wasnt time for anything at all. Sleep, procrastiantion, game. Atleast I closed it with habits but still. I cant belive how fast 4 hours I shoudl have gotten turned into so little. Eat food at the place maybe. Or eat food while doing something productive. The lag after watching a funny episode has so much inertia, its scary. Eat, and then go upstairs and do work. no break. half hour break will turn into more. Tv is just so easy to get sucked in. reflections

tumblr_nvrcpeqmnS1qahp7po1_500.jpg

WEEK 4 WRAP-UP

Guitar: 3/6 F (50%)

Jiu-jitsu: 4/6 (67%)

Overall: 14/18 C (78%)

-Whoa the last three days were pretty crappy. I know I stayed late on those last two days but dam I didnt get anything done? 12 hours really does wipe you out.... Maybe my goal should just be either guitar or bjj, and the other the other night. Dam. I dont get enough sleep heading into the weekend and then having to sleep early doesnt help. That will be my goal next cycle. Other than that, just a seminar that wiped out my will power, a good week. Undeterred, I move onto my next week :)

tumblr_o4652uwjHr1qhf72jo1_500.jpg

The end of the challenge! Woohooo there goes #11! Now a week off until the next one starts on Sunday, 4/3 til Saturday, 4/30. 4 more weeks.

-Note the change from a monday start to a sunday start. I like that more, because thats the same as my work week and it looks good on a calendar. It should start on sunday and end on saturday. Will just need to adjust.

What I want to get done before the next challenge starts:

-Do my challenge review. (financial, weight, and sleep)

-Get up a new challenge thread in time

-Finish my month goals for my three passions. I look at this week off as a chance to get a breather, still working, and to just finish my specific goals in time. 

1) Finish the Gracie choke documentary in BJJ

2) Do conservatory research and taking classes and the next step for my guitar this summer

3) Work on AOC program so you can finally unsubscribe from that recurring monthly charge for an outdated program.

tumblr_o48tycMxbG1rs8w78o1_540.jpg

CHALLENGE NO. 11 WRAP-UP

Dream #1: Social skills

28/24: 117% A+

Stats: +1 sta, +1 con +2 wis, +1 cha   

Dream #2: Play Guitar in a band   

18/24: 75% C

Stats: +0.8 dex, +1.6 wis, +0.8 cha  

Dream #3: Improve Jiu-Jitsu

17/24: 71% C

Stats: +2.1 str, +0.7 dex, +0.7 sta, +0.7 con

Overall: 

-63/72= 88% B

tumblr_nme65iZBZq1rs8w78o1_540.jpg

GLASS IS PROMOTED TO LV. 12!! 

-- 

Level 11. Night elf. Adventure Knight. 

str 18.0 dex 11.2 sta 20.3 con 20.8 wis 31.8 cha 25.3 

+1 level 

str 2.1 dex 1.5 sta 1.7 con 1.7 wis 3.6 cha 1.8 

= 

Level 12. Night elf. Adventure Knight. 

str 20.1 dex 12.7 sta 22.0 con 22.5 wis 35.4 cha 27.1