The Exhilarating Edinburgh Encounter of Exciting Exercise Endeavours - 7-9 October 2016

Money has got in the way, so I won't be making it this time round, sorry. Next year!

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 7  -  CON: 1  -  CHA: 2  -  SAN: 2  -  INT: 2

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Honour amongst thieves

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

So excited to see people, even if it's not for the whole weekend like I'd hoped!

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Woah this is exciting...gonna book my flights tomorrow...somehow it looks like it will be a longer vacation with some more days and citys then I though (but my colleagues said I have to visit the isle of skye... ;) )

• Like 2

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

14 hours ago, Schaengel said:

Woah this is exciting...gonna book my flights tomorrow...somehow it looks like it will be a longer vacation with some more days and citys then I though (but my colleagues said I have to visit the isle of skye... ;) )

May be worth linking up with @chickie.monkey, I think she was planning to go to Skye also.

I may have missed this, have people sorted their accommodation? I have a hotel room booked but my partner most likely isn't going now, so if there's a chance to share that would be great!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SpecialSundae said:

Sorry, I've been struggling with the forums of late.

Could someone, anyone, do a quick check of who all is coming to lift and coming to Wings so I can confirm bookings (or arrange access to CSE rather than St Leo's if there are only a few of us)?

Do you know when the start and end time of the lifting would be on Saturday? I'll prod people on this thread who haven't said they're not coming and message you with numbers when I hear back!

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

9 minutes ago, Sarah Barr said:

Do you know when the start and end time of the lifting would be on Saturday? I'll prod people on this thread who haven't said they're not coming and message you with numbers when I hear back!

I think we're probably looking at 2-4 or 3-5 but it'll be £70 for the hire for two hours so we need to know we have enough people to make it worthwhile.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

This is Sarah speaking! I don't know why it's making me type in a quote box!

The NF messaging thing will only let me email 3 people at a time and I can't send more than 1 msg per minute, so I should hopefully have everyone emailed in an hour. 

Could people try to reply as soon as they can?

Thank you!

• Like 1

To-Do List

"You are only allowed to send 5 messages per day."

AAAAA

I'll try tagging people I've not emailed yet - @Zooma, @Sjard, @chickie.monkey, @ChunkyMonkey, @Happytin, @Hellda, @Zappa, could you PM me with your availability as soon as you can? Thank you!

*cough*

"Hello!

I'm messaging you guys with this highly personal copy-pasted email because you'd showed interest in the Edinburgh meet-up on the 7-9th October and we're just trying to nail down some final numbers for bookings. 

Are you able to come? And specifically, will you be able to make it to:

- the Wings fest on the Friday night

- the lifting party on Saturday afternoon?

Lastly, will you be bringing anyone with you to either event?

Thanks and hope to see you in October! 

Sarah

x"

• Like 1

To-Do List

I've already replied to the private message but let me post here as well. I'm in for both Wings and lifting. I'll try to bring the friend whose flat I'll be staying in to both Wings and lifting but I wouldn't hold my breathe that she'll join.

P.S.: If you think it'd help I could make a doodle. :) 

• Like 3

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

Just now, AugustaAdaByron said:

P.S.: If you think it'd help I could make a doodle. :) 

Hehe, a doodle would probably have been the most sensible option! I wanted to make sure everyone got PM-ed so they were more likely to get the message, I know sometimes people get unsubbed from threads or miss posts buried in long threads. 

• Like 1

To-Do List

Just now, Sarah Barr said:

Hehe, a doodle would probably have been the most sensible option! I wanted to make sure everyone got PM-ed so they were more likely to get the message, I know sometimes people get unsubbed from threads or miss posts buried in long threads. 

PMing people was a good plan. I wouldn't have noticed the new posts on this thread otherwise. I've even gotten unsubscribed from my battle log which I update ever 2-3 days!

• Like 1

Current challenge

Battle log

On 9/9/2016 at 5:11 AM, evabo said:

May be worth linking up with @chickie.monkey, I think she was planning to go to Skye also.

I may have missed this, have people sorted their accommodation? I have a hotel room booked but my partner most likely isn't going now, so if there's a chance to share that would be great!

Yes!! Send me a PM and we will discuss. I would say I'll PM you, but I'm busy and slackery and will probably forget. :lol:

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Previous Challenges 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

“Decorum is highly overrated and probably causes cancer.”  ~ Jenny Lawson

On 8/10/2016 at 9:43 AM, SpecialSundae said:

@sterre runs. Not sure she's coming along.

Anyone else?

I'll definitely come along to some stuff (I'm conveniently already in town, even though I've been really negligent about coming to the forums).

Level 9 Amazon Druid
STR : 17 | DEX : 23 | STA : 22 | CON : 23 | WIS : 21 | CHA : 15
Challenges: Current, 8, 7.1, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.1, 3, 2, 1
Battle Log

sorry havent been active in the forums for a while as well. would join in with wings and lifting as well.

Where can i send the money Sundae?

There is one rule, above all others, ... Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR:4 | DEX:2.5 | STA:5 | CON:3 | WIS:5 | CHA:3

Daily Grind

Story of a Ranger: 1st chapter, 2nd chapter, 3rd chapter, 4th chapter

On 20.9.2016 at 2:16 PM, SpecialSundae said:

Lifting is booked for 3-5pm on Saturday.

Could everyone taking part please wire me £15 in advance, as the hall is costing £60 per hour?

Of course, will you pm me the account details? :)

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

@Sundae: PayPal ok?

Of course, will you pm me the account details? [emoji4]

sorry havent been active in the forums for a while as well. would join in with wings and lifting as well.

Where can i send the money Sundae?

PayPal is great. I'll PM you the address shortly or PM me and I'll reply. Seriously dodgy internet where I am this week.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

On 20 Sep 2016 at 7:35 PM, fengor said:

You may also want to remember to bring the right clothes for lifting :P 

(or I'll just be laughing again)

44 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

PayPal is great. I'll PM you the address shortly or PM me and I'll reply. Seriously dodgy internet where I am this week.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think I have your PayPal address. Could you confirm that you received the money? :) 

• Like 1

Current challenge

Battle log