Honeybadger- The next 26 days

honeybadger

For this challenge, I am keeping my goals simple with some built in flexibility.

Last challenge I focused on training for a spin event that is happening this Sunday. As a result, I focused on the bike and less on running. The first week I will continue to focus on the bike, finishing with my 3 hour ride. The remainder of the challenge I will start to focus more on running. I'm thinking ahead here as my summer goals will include real world running and social running. Before either of those things happen I need to get my running chops back. I am keeping my goals intentionally broad so I can pick my workouts based on how I feel and my mood. I want to be able to have fun with my gym time. 

GYM TIME GOAL:

Get my ass to the gym for at least 12 workouts in the next 26 days. 

I might set weekly goals for myself as the challenge goes on but I am keeping things open as far as what I will do when I do workout. It will include running and biking.

MEAL TIME GOAL:    

Eat grain free at least 20 out of the next 26 days. 

Eat dairy free* at least 20 out of the next 26 days.

I want to continue with eating mostly grain free. I noticed that I ate so much better and consumed much less processed food over the last challenge. I played around with grain free baking. I discovered that I over eat even grain free cookies. I did not focus as much on calories but I will get back to tracking calories along with tracking my food. 

*Dairy free is going to mean all dairy with the exception of cream in my coffee and butter. I am not ready to give up cream in my coffee. I also don't drink that much coffee, maybe 20 oz a day, and I don't put that much cream in it. I also don't use that much butter only occasionally when I cook. This could be a big challenge for me because cheese and ice cream. 

SQUAT GOAL:

Complete 26 day squat challenge (actually a 27 day challenge but I'm going to Ranger it in 26 days)

I have a flat ass problem. Turns out I am not alone in this struggle. I am waging war against my flat ass and thuttocks. 

• Like 3

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

ah, there you are! 

also, "thuttocks" made me giggle

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Wow, the spin is THIS Sunday.  Exciting.  Can't wait to hear how it goes!

I like your flexibility for this challenge.  The gym will be fun, darn it!

• Like 1

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

Days 1-3 going pretty well. Two days grain free and one day dairy free. I did 45 minutes on the stationary bike last night. On track with squats. Eventually I'll post the exact details of the squat challenge for accountability.

Good luck with the running!!

(And...err...thuttocks???)

Thuttocks the merging of the thigh and buttocks. Similar in nature to the cankle.

ah, there you are! 

also, "thuttocks" made me giggle

Here I am!! I need to find time to be checking in more. I miss my peeps. Thuttocks.....hehehehe

Wow, the spin is THIS Sunday.  Exciting.  Can't wait to hear how it goes!

I like your flexibility for this challenge.  The gym will be fun, darn it!

Thanks! I am actually really excited for the ride. Last year I had a blast! Yes the gym will be fun!

I'm slowly making progress on giving up dairy too - we got this!

We got this? We got this! This goal is going to be a struggle. Not eating cheese makes me sad. I'm willing to give it a try to see if it helps my chronic sinus issues. Glad to know we are in it together.

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

Thought you could hide by waiting till Tuesday to post your thread? I don't think so.

Tank the all-seeing

• Like 3

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Spin tonight. Felt great, totally prepared for my big ride. Today was grain free and dairy free (thanks to coconut milk ice cream). I was even able to resist yummy scones at work that would have been totally worth cheating for! BUT I am really saving a cheat day for this weekend. I want to treat myself to a sticky bun after my spin event. I still need to do my squats for today. Ugh. I was able to catchup with a few threads but still have to track down and support some more Rangers.

Thought you could hide by waiting till Tuesday to post your thread? I don't think so.

I clearly need to work my skills of stealth and evasion.....

Tank the all-seeing

How does he do it?

• Like 4

I totally forgot my squats last night. I will just skip it and do the amount for tonight so I don't fall behind. Today was neither grain free or dairy free. I made some bad food choices (chocolate). Tomorrow will be a better day. Mostly because Its Saturday and I don't have to work and I'm not on call. Yay! AND I am finally going to the eye doctor (only 7 months late). I might also stop at the mall and do a little shopping with gift cards I have from Christmas. Retail therapy for the win.

• Like 1

Weekly wrap up...

Week one went well. I am right on track meeting my goals which feels good.

Gym time- 3/12

Grain free- 5/20

Dairy free- 4/20

squats- I missed Thursday but Friday was a scheduled rest day so I just swapped them. I skipped squats after my 3 hour spin event...I'm ok with that because 3 hours of spin.

I am not sure how I am feeling about the dairy free goal. I am struggling a bit in how limiting it is. I will keep up with it but don't see it as something I will continue longer than this challenge. I will more likely limit the quantity and specific food. Grain free is a different story. I see myself continuing to eat mostly grain free.

My spin event went really well. It was super fun as expected. I actually felt much stronger than last year which was pretty cool. I am looking forward to putting my running shoes back on and hitting the treadmill though.

Last challenge and for the first week of this challenge I have gotten a little away from my food journal...too far away according to the scale (which is up a few lbs). I have been focusing on what I eat not how much I eat of it. Clearly I need to be a little more tuned into my calorie intake. I feel good so I am not stressing out too much.

Work is crazy this week but I will make time to drop in on everyone. I actually read my email updates every morning so I have been keeping up, I just haven't gotten a chance to check in or post. But I will!

Now off to squat then bed. Night nerds.

• Like 3

I am not sure how I am feeling about the dairy free goal. I am struggling a bit in how limiting it is. I will keep up with it but don't see it as something I will continue longer than this challenge. I will more likely limit the quantity and specific food. Grain free is a different story. I see myself continuing to eat mostly grain free.

It's never too late to adapt a goal that isn't working for you, but continue your experiment.  Limiting the quantity sounds like a more wholesome adaptation than cutting it out altogether, especially if you finding the complete removal of dairy to be limiting (or find yourself missing out on certain foods you enjoy!).

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

I've tried reducing and/or eliminating dairy a few times in the past, and really haven't seen any benefit, myself. Unless you are someone who has problems digesting dairy, then it wouldn't surprise me if you don't benefit, either.

Well, except ice cream – sadly, there are benefits to eliminating that. :(

Stick with it though, for as long as you feel it's useful, and decide for yourself.

• Like 1

Level 11 Sea Dragon

| Current Challenge: |

| Nov '16 | Sept/Oct '16 | Aug/Sep '16 | July/Aug '16 | June/July '16 | May '16 |

| Apr '16 | Mar '16 | Feb '16 | Jan '16 | Nov/Dec '15 |

Weekly wrap up....

This week was brutal work wise. This week is shaping up to be a bit rough but it won't be nearly as busy. My goals suffered a bit but I am hoping to get back on track. Should be doable because...spring break starts at the end of the week! Here is what it looked like.

Gym time- 5/12 workouts completed. I would like to be half way but I can easily add an extra gym day since I will be on vacation.

Grain free- 10/20 meals grain free. Half way there, right on track.

Dairy free- 6/20 I am revising this goal for the remainder of the challenge for reasons I will explain below.

NEW GOAL: No cheese or ice cream for the remainder of the challenge.

Squats- I missed one day this week making that two missed days so far for the challenge. My ass hurts.

It's never too late to adapt a goal that isn't working for you, but continue your experiment.  Limiting the quantity sounds like a more wholesome adaptation than cutting it out altogether, especially if you finding the complete removal of dairy to be limiting (or find yourself missing out on certain foods you enjoy!).

Goal adapted. I will be cutting out some dairy foods I enjoy (for now) and limiting others. I basically have added yogurt (2% plain greek) back into my diet. I found that my dairy free breakfast was a grain free baked good totally lacking in fat or protein. It did not satisfy my hunger for long and I ended up eating more to compensate. So yogurt is back! I'm so happy.

I've tried reducing and/or eliminating dairy a few times in the past, and really haven't seen any benefit, myself. Unless you are someone who has problems digesting dairy, then it wouldn't surprise me if you don't benefit, either.

Well, except ice cream – sadly, there are benefits to eliminating that. :(

Stick with it though, for as long as you feel it's useful, and decide for yourself.

I don't have any problems digesting dairy. If anything eliminating yogurt with its probiotic goodness did not do good things for me. I was more interested in seeing if I noticed a difference with my sinuses. I did not.

I will still eliminate ice cream and cheese....

Drop us a line...how did week 2 end up?

p.s. ...not to early to start looking for a summer race. Maybe a 5 k or something in June?? :-)

Project find a summer race...I know what I'll be doing on vacation. June sounds good! I'll be done with work for the summer by then and it gives me time to get my real world running going.

I promise I will try to catch up and drop in on everyone by the end of the week.

• Like 1

Despite the busy schedule, looks like you are right on track.  Half way through the challenge, and you're half way through your goals.  Glad you figured out which dairy was important to you...hope you find something else that helps the sinuses.  Spring can be tough on sinuses, but hurry up, Spring Break!

KinbXgyiq.jpeg

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

On March 21, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

How was week 3?

Let me tell you (before week 4 is over)...

Week 3

Gym time- 8/12 workouts completed. As of today I am 10/12. I should be able to hit this goal if I push it hard for the rest of the challenge. 

Grain free- 14/20 meals grain free. As of today I am 16/20. Last week was tough, fell short one day. I blame St. Patrick and the Girl Scouts. If I eat perfectly then I will come up a day short of my goal. I can live with that. 

Dairy free- 6/20 I am revising this goal for the remainder of the challenge for reasons I will explain below.

NEW GOAL: No cheese or ice cream for the remainder of the challenge. I slipped up twice. Once was by accident, I didn't realize that there was cheese on my Ruben sandwich from the dining hall. The other was a few (seriously only a few) bites of ice-cream.

Squats- I missed one day this week making that three missed days so far for the challenge. My ass still hurts. I can't tell if there has been any progress in the thuttocks/flat ass area. 

I also started using MFP to track my meals and workouts. I have tried (and failed) to use it before. I am really not liking my new larger food log. So I need to try something different. I also have a fancy new phone that makes using the app easy. I'll see how it goes. 

The last two weeks at work have been very very busy. Fortunately, I am on vacation for the next week. I have spent the past few days basically hibernating and snuggling with the dog. Now I need to focus on finishing up this challenge and thinking about what my next goals will be. 

• Like 1

Today's workout- 20 squats followed by a ½ mile run x 4 then10 squats followed by 20 minutes on the bike.

Crockpot Pork Carnitas for dinner. Yummy. Could use a little more seasoning but not bad. I might have to add this to the crockpot recipe rotation. 

Now I get to go and try to catch up with people or at least check in. 

• Like 1