Owlet's potentially mildly interesting journey type thing

Owlet

Shit's getting desperate, I'm eating peanut butter on crackers with cinnamon.

That actually sounds really good. I hope you solved your dessert dilemma

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Just went for a 4 hour hike and can't decide if I want to sleep, eat, drink, or shower first. Too tired to move from the couch. Slightly nervous since it's only 3 weeks till I attempt to do a 7-8 hour hike, potentially through snow. Ah well, recap time:

Diet

• Eat at least 3 carb-free meals a week -> 3/3
  • Eat at least 2 vegetarian meals a week -> 2/2
  • Only eat dark chocolate for dessert, if anything 5/7

10/12 for diet! Take that ice cream! Mostly whole block of chocolate hiding in the pantry... you did not defeat me!

Fitness

• Walk to and from work (2.2 km each way) 2x a week -> 4/4
  • Complete the NF bodyweight workout 2x a week -> 4/4
  • Go for 3 lunchtime runs/walks per week ->  6/6

Total 16/16. Plus bonus points for epic walk today (might need to carry some of these over to next week)

Level Up Your Life

• Complete at least 1 painting during this challenge -> (score at end) made some progress, applied for an art show
  • Lights out before 11:45pm -> 6/7
  • 2x meditation daily, morning and evening -> 4.5/7

Total 10.5/14 did better with bedtimes  ('though not necessarily falling asleep at a reasonable hour, stupid noisy mice in the ceiling and boy racers and snoring bf) Meditation suffered a little, just ran out of time.

So all up, 36.5/42 for Week 2. Not too shabby. The next two weeks are going to be harder - away both weekends with weddings, so weekdays are going to have to be even more disciplined to compensate. Need to finish my painting and start more since I applied for an art show. Ugh. Feeling overcommitted and like hiding in bed would be a really great option. 

Edit: total elevation climbed today was a bit over 500m...ie a little over half what I'll need to do for the big hike. What am I doing

• Like 2

Week 3!!!

Woke up in the night with a headache and aching joints doh. Painkillers and more water did the trick after a while though. Thought about slacking off today but ended up walking to work anyway, and doing interval training of a sort at lunchtime - walking as fast as I could up and down a short section of hill near work, looking like a crazy haha. Walked/jogged home and stretched for a while before devouring leftover curry on the couch. Right on the edge of happy 'cause I did lots and being too tired which can be a slippery slope to sad, need to be careful.

Diet

• Eat at least 3 carb-free meals a week -> 
  • Eat at least 2 vegetarian meals a week -> 
  • Only eat dark chocolate for dessert, if anything -> 1/1

Fitness

• Walk to and from work (2.2 km each way) 2x a week -> 2/2
  • Complete the NF bodyweight workout 2x a week -> 
  • Go for 3 lunchtime runs/walks per week ->  2/2

Level Up Your Life

• Complete at least 1 painting during this challenge -> (score at end)
  • Lights out before 11:45pm ->  1/1
  • 2x meditation daily, morning and evening -> 1/1
  • Like 2

Did the beginners bodyweight workout today, with slightly fewer reps for squats and lunges but dipped down lower. Same for other exercises. Dinner was carb-free but not meat-free again... had a hankering for Mum's recipe for Chicken casserole that I love so much. Also kind of thinking the vegetarian thing isn't really helping me, it's more the principle of it. Not sure if I want to keep it as a goal. Found some icecream made out of coconut cream and mango pulp, so at least now I have a semi-ok back up ;)

Diet

• Eat at least 3 carb-free meals a week -> 1/1

Fitness

• Walk to and from work (2.2 km each way) 2x a week -> 
  • Complete the NF bodyweight workout 2x a week -> 2/2
  • Go for 3 lunchtime runs/walks per week ->  

Level Up Your Life

Need to paint but I'm finding it so hard :( I get home from work and by the time I've meditated and cooked dinner I feel too tired to do anything much. Earlier to bed maybe? Wait no, I should quit my job! Ha

• Like 2

Summer is over, the rain has arrived and I'm sick :( I'm not ready for this. The only thing making me feel better right now is Nick Offerman laughing

Nick-Offerman-%E2%80%93-Lol.gif

Diet

Fitness

Level Up Your Life

• Like 1

Boo sick! Boo rain! 

eta: Although I am super jealous of your coconut mango ice creamy thing. Clearly you should come to the US to escape the rain, and also bring ice cream with you.

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Delightfully work-free day today. Did some painting, realised (again) that I am really 'unfit' painting-wise. At this point I would actually rather go for a run than paint, it's that painful (sure didn't see that coming!). Oh well, made a little progress at least. New shoes though, that's real progress :P Bodyweight workout today was good, managed one more (extremely shaky) pushup than last time.

Diet

• Eat at least 2 vegetarian meals a week -> nope

Fitness

• Complete the NF bodyweight workout 2x a week -> 2/2

Level Up Your Life

• Complete at least 1 painting during this challenge -> (score at end) minor progress

Must be time for the Week 3 roundup... Had to cheat a little with the exercise as my days were pretty well tied up doing errands etc, but considering the walk I did on sunday was like 4 or 5 lunchtime sessions crammed into 1, I'm going to say I still met my goals. This week's going to be difficult though as I rolled my ankle boarding the plane to come home yesterday :( Damn weak ankles. Worried about the hike now, not sure I'll be fit enough. Just under 2 weeks to go...

Diet

• Eat at least 3 carb-free meals a week -> 3/3
  • Eat at least 2 vegetarian meals a week -> 0/2
  • Only eat dark chocolate for dessert, if anything -> 6/7

9/12  Made a huge batch of chicken casserole that lasted all week, so vegetarianism went out the window.

Fitness

• Walk to and from work (2.2 km each way) 2x a week -> 4/4
  • Complete the NF bodyweight workout 2x a week -> 4/4
  • Go for 3 lunchtime runs/walks per week ->  6/6

14/14  woooo

Level Up Your Life

• Complete at least 1 painting during this challenge -> (score at end) some progress
  • Lights out before 11:45pm ->  5/7
  • 2x meditation daily, morning and evening -> 5/7

10/14  Did well during the week but crazy wedding weekend meant not much sleep or quiet time lol.

• Like 1

Week 4

Not much to report today except that I reeeallly wanted sugar all day. Dinner was stir fried vegetables and tofu, pretty good. Meditation was hard today. Tried to do a kind of bodyweight workout today, minus squats and lunges cause of my ankle. Lots of situps and planks, but a bit half-arsed to be honest.  Missed my bedtime oops, guess I'll do that now.

• Like 1

Sounds like things are going pretty well! Not going to lie, I'm super jealous about all the wonderful hikes you could probably do in New Zealand (which is where you're from if I've skimmed the posts correctly? Haha)

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Sounds like things are going pretty well! Not going to lie, I'm super jealous about all the wonderful hikes you could probably do in New Zealand (which is where you're from if I've skimmed the posts correctly? Haha)

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

17 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Haha yeah it's pretty great here! Spoilt for choice for sure, I don't think you could ever run out of hikes to do in NZ :D

Went to see a physio today about my ankle - wouldn't normally bother but with the hike coming up I wanted to get some pro tips. Good news is I reckon it'll be better in no time, just a mild sprain. Bad news is, the physio suspects I've got chronic damage to the tendons so there's very little support in my ankles. Which means either dealing with sprains-galore or getting surgery at some stage. Hmm. And there I was thinking I'm just clumsy haha. Wait, no, I am clumsy, I walk into doorframes and tables...

Made some more progress on the painting tonight and it's fiiinally starting to look not quite shit, phew. Got accepted into the art show, now freaking out about how many more paintings I need to do in the next 6-8 weeks. Trade off seems to be bed time again gah.

Diet

• Eat at least 2 vegetarian meals a week -> 1/1

Fitness

Level Up Your Life

• Complete at least 1 painting during this challenge -> (score at end) minor progress
  • Lights out before 11:45pm ->  0/1
  • Like 1

Bleh, boyfriend dramas getting me down. As if the hormones needed help. The supermarket keeps taunting me with giant displays of easter eggs and hot cross buns, I want them all. 

Mixed success today. Walked to work, then walked home again at lunch to get my scooter cause everyone said it was going to rain. It didn't, so effectively just skipped a workout. Maybe that's good though, rest the ankle a bit. Ugh, not feeling it. Want it to be the weekend now.

Diet

Fitness

Level Up Your Life

• Like 1

Shitty day :( Boyfriend dramas got worse, couldn't walk to work because it rained, felt sick so didn't eat dinner then ate a load of chips before bed, missed my bedtime, and managed to make my painting worse. Did at least manage to do bodyweight workout, ankle felt fine.

Diet

• Eat at least 3 carb-free meals a week -> 

Fitness

• Complete the NF bodyweight workout 2x a week -> 2/2

Level Up Your Life

• Lights out before 11:45pm ->  0/1
  • Like 1

Better day today, despite having to work on a public holiday. No rain this morning so walked to work and home again, plus went for a run/walk at lunchtime and feel way better. I'm not sure if it's the satisfaction of meeting goals or the physical effects of exercise, but something did the trick. Still behind on my fitness goals for the week and not sure I'll get time to do any more now, what with another wedding and a bbq and a family dinner this weekend. Waaay behind on bedtime goal too, partly due to staying up late painting (don't think I'm even going to get it finished in time) and stress keeping me up. 

Diet

• Eat at least 3 carb-free meals a week -> done
  • Eat at least 2 vegetarian meals a week -> done
  • Only eat dark chocolate for dessert, if anything ->  0/1

Fitness

• Complete the NF bodyweight workout 2x a week ->  done
  • Go for 3 lunchtime runs/walks per week ->  2/2

Level Up Your Life

• Lights out before 11:45pm ->  0/1

Hugs after your shitty week! I hope it's gotten better by now :/

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi