Second Challenge - BeerRanger

BeerRanger

This will be my second challenge - making sure I don't burn out on this one.

I will be a well-read, guitar-playing, fit man. As such, my challenge is as follows:

1. One green vegetable with a meal 5 days a week + 4 large glasses of water 3 day

100% - 4/4 weeks

2. Set a new PR in pull-ups + walk 5+ miles one day a week

100% - 4/4 weeks, PR

3. Play guitar for 7+ minutes a day, 3 days per week

100% - 4/4 weeks

4. Complete 2+ books

100% - 2/2 books completed

edited 3/29/16

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.

It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

BeerRanger  *  Battle Log  *  Current Challenge

Thanks guys!  

My name was very un-creatively made, but I'm liking it so far.  I plan on joining the Ranger guild, but feel like I need to do some self-improvement as a personal initiation.  

I plan on trying a fiction and non-fiction book at all times (I've read many places that it's the way to go) - currently reading "The Great Gatsby" and "Deep Work".  I have a large stack of books I want to have read, now I just need the motivation...

• Like 1

It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

3-day weekend and it feels so good! Spent the better part of Friday and all morning Saturday reading.  I read a surprising amount of Deep Work (all of it!), am nearly done with The Fish That Ate The Whale (~50 pages to go), read through all of A Company Of Owners (by Daren Martin - awesome dude) although I won't count that book towards my challenge total because it may not be long enough to consider.  

Now delicious beer, watching some hockey, more reading, training my dogs, practicing guitar, and maybe a stretch to alleviate some DOMS. 

My new mantra:  If you want to be well-read, read; if you want to be a guitar player, play guitar; if you want to be healthy, eat healthy; if you want to be strong, train your body.  

It's stupidly simple, but often an over-thought, over-looked idea.

Onward!

• Like 3

Cool mantra. I should keep it to heart and get more drawing done. Thanks for the reminder.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Challenge completed - no big issues - happy to have succeeded!  

The new forum has me a bit confused on how to post/find content, so that slowed down my reporting a little bit.  

Moving to an extremely time-consuming schedule for a couple months, so I don't think I'll dive into another challenge quite yet.

I am, however, getting into weight training.  I built a home gym (power rack, bench, barbells, weight plates) that has me doing the Barbell exercises from the Academy.  Looking forward to it!  I haven't decided if I want to do Ranger or Warrior first - I definitely want to be awesome at heavy lifting and Warrior stuff, although long-term I think it'd be 1/2 of my Ranger duties...