Haikoo: Not the Beginning, but a Beginning (Book 2)

Haikoo

The Wheel of Time turns, and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legends fade to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called 2016 by some, an Age yet to come, an age long past, a Koo rose in the Southern Region of Wisconsin. The Koo was not at the beginning. There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But she was at a beginning.

Hello, again! If you read my challenge or skimmed past the title on the enormous list of threads, this may look familiar to you. It's basically the same challenge with a few tweaks. I was completely derailed on Day 3 of last challenge due to getting some sort of Flu like virus that took me 2+ weeks to get over. This totally threw off my groove and I basically failed last challenge (Except week 4, that wasn't awful). So, it's time to begin again. 

My main quest for this year is to complete a 15k run--specifically, the Hot Chocolate Run in Chicago. This is a strange goal, as I am not a runner. I've never done more than a 5k. Any run training I have ever done has me howling with shin splints. I blame Maigrey for this. Also, I really want that awesome medal. Plus, it's something new to work for!

In order to achieve such a lofty goal, I need to get myself back together. I need to feel good physically and mentally. Thus, my goals:

1) Escape the Ways - I must escape the darkness (and prepare for what is to come). Machin Shin is close at my heels and I need to stay ahead. Couch to 5K training began last week and I will continue the required 3 times per week for this challenge. Weeks may be repeated as I need to work up slowly to avoid shin splints.

tumblr_ns31db65F81tqgexdo1_500.jpg

2) Avoid the Spoilage - (*This goal shall remain unchanged from last challenge.)- Being surrounded by "spoiled" food can make it difficult to find proper sustenance. I need to make a much greater effort at avoiding this tainted food stuff and eat real food. Eating clean for me means eating meat, veggies,and fruit, along with limited rice and dairy. I occasionally have oatmeal, also. Bread, sugar, or alcohol should be sometimes, not often. Lately I have been having way too much bread and sugar treats. It's time to start weaning myself away from this less ideal food.

Week 1 goal:  Two clean food days

Week 2 goal: Three clean food days

Week 3 goal: Four clean food days

Week 4 goal: Five clean food days.

3) Accept Healing - (*This goal is unchanged) My injuries from previous battles still linger. I must overcome my aversion of the Yellow Ajah and accept healing. This means I will do my shoulder PT 6 out of 7 days per week. 

BONUS: Throw in some PT to help with shin splints such as toe lifts, towel scrunches, stretching, ice... Head them off before they start!!!  I'm *REALLY* prone to them. Usually get them by week  3 of C25K.

4) Push Back the Blight - (*This goal is unchanged) With the Darkness pushing into my world, the Blight is encroaching on my living space. I must stop its progress and push it back. In order to do this, I will spend at least 15 minutes decluttering and organizing in my home 6 of 7 days per week. 

The Last Battle is approaching. I must be ready!!

0f02abea50cd8c8c1990dcaa73079ad5.jpg

• Like 3

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

Following to randomly drop bits of overwhelmingly positive or nonsensical contentment into your challenge.

Lvl 4 Mystical Taoist Priest

"All teachings are mere references. The true experience is living your own life. Then, even the holiest of words are only words." - Ming-Dao Deng

Challenge #1 2 3 4

:]

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Woo! You're still here with the Scouts!

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

The rose petal floats on water.

The kingfisher flashes above the pond.

Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death

Accepting we need to heal can be difficult, especially when it takes time out of other things, not everyone can recover like a warder. Best of luck! :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi Haikoo! Long time.

Glad you're past the flu crud. I got it myself at about the same time.

I hope you enjoy your challenge and get a hold of that leaf before it gets munched! 

Good luck!

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Following along for this one. Love the WoT theme, any opinion on Sanderson vs Jordan?

Hmm, I definitely enjoy Sanderson's writing style more. Jordan had a great story going on, but he started dragging it out a little more than needed.  It was pretty obvious when Sanderson picked up.

Hi Haikoo! Long time.

Glad you're past the flu crud. I got it myself at about the same time.

I hope you enjoy your challenge and get a hold of that leaf before it gets munched! 

Good luck!

Hi! I've still been here, I just hang in chat more than forums :) 

Thanks! 

The rose petal floats on water.

The kingfisher flashes above the pond.

Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death

Accepting we need to heal can be difficult, especially when it takes time out of other things, not everyone can recover like a warder. Best of luck! :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks! I know you're right. I just need patience :)

• Like 1

Most Recent Challenge

Hello everyone!

I have not abandoned challenge yet--just haven't taken the time to update. Things aren't going too bad. I will make it a very quick update, as it's not exactly the most exciting challenge  :welcoming:

1.1 - 1.4 Progress:

1) Escape the Ways - So far I've done C25K twice this week. Perfectly on schedule. Also did Turbokick class at gym on Monday. My fave class--very hard workout, but fun!
2) Avoid the Spoilage - Monday was a clean day for food. I ate all good stuff. I've had some not so great dinners, but my breakfasts/lunches have actually been really good.
3) Accept Healing - Skipped PT on Monday (out of laziness), but Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I made sure to get in my shoulder PT. Tuesday and Thursday I also did shin exercises!
4) Push Back the Blight - Could be doing better here. I've only done my 15 minutes of Getting Rid of the Junk 2 out of 4 days. 

Last night, Coldboot (hubby) and I went to an Indian restaurant (my first time) and it was delish. I am now, however, obsessed with Lassi. I had never even heard of it. It's some yogurt drink that is popular in India. What I had was pretty simple and flavored with cardamom but it was SO GOOD. Must consult the Google on how to make this at home!! I will be having leftovers for lunch shortly  :watermelon: Tomorrow will have to be my other clean eating day because that naan is calling my name....
  • Like 4

Most Recent Challenge

Oh hey! 

It was a busy weekend! Attended 2 Futsal games on Saturday (watched one kid have an awesome game, the other pretty awful) and went roller skating in between. By Sunday my hips, quads, and knees were all like "Whaaaat did you do??" as it's been quite a while since I skated. Went to 2 more Futsal games and a soccer pratice on Sunday. In the meantime, i was not able to squeeze in a c25k on Sunday, though the roller skating for 2.5 hours was pretty great exercise muscularly.

Week 1 summary:

1) Escape the Ways- 2/3  I'm not too worried about the one I missed as I did both my TK class at the gym on Monday, plus roller skated on Saturday. I more than made up for the cardio vascular and muscle work between those 2 activities.

2) Avoid the Spoilage - 1/2 Only got one out of my 2 clean day goals. This was mostly due to so many things packed into the weekend and some poor planning during the week. Some of the "non clean" days weren't really bad though. No major pig outs or anything. I'll do better next week! 
3) Accept Healing -  4/6  I could do better here....but I could do worse. The shoulder feels pretty good over all. It gets lost of movement with the TK class. I just need more strength. I'm not feeling like I need to beat myself up over missing those 2 days. 
4) Push Back the Blight - 2/6 Okay, this needs improvement. I have no excuse. I just need to get my ass in gear and to this.

tumblr_nh2ydvO9Z21tqgexdo1_500.jpg

Most Recent Challenge

Today was a decent day.

Got in both TK class (75 mins) and C25K week 2 day 1. The latter was kind of a last minute, "hey let's do this because it's absolutely GORGEOUS outside" thing. I'm going to have some SERIOUS DOMS tomorrow, as that TK class was probably the hardest I've done. New round is killing me.

Food was good. No junk food!

I'm about to go do some PT before a nice epsom soak.

I did not, however, take the time to declutter today >_> I will do that tomorrow.

Also, I have DOMS in my feet right now. I suspect stairs are going to be REALLY fun tomorrow :D

• Like 3

Most Recent Challenge

I like it, I like it. Man, roller skating is hard work, though! Totally worth the credit. You sound prepped to kick ass this week.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Okay, so this one got away from me. 

I did continue to keep track of what little I did. 

All in all I did some good things, but run training averaged more like 2 times per week. None last week. With spring break, it was nigh impossible to get the things done. I am, however, consistently exercising again, which is great. The Monday thing I do will definitely help in the running department. 

Shoulder PT was so so. Shoulder does feel good and is getting stronger, I just need to do it more days than I am. Decluttering was an utter fail. Food was so so. Had at least 2 clean days per week. Holidays are bad for me.

I am, however, still going to challenge again! I will post link when I get it written up. 

Thanks for watching my boring thread lol

Positive things gained from this challenge:

-Consistent exercise which has lead to over all mood and energy improvements.

-I feel my leg muscles becoming more firm again!

-My surgeried shoulder is slowly getting stronger.

-I'm still feeling ready to keep going 

No idea if I've shed any pounds as I haven't actually weighed myself in recent months (don't want to deal w/ the number). Perhaps I will start the next challenge with the number, just to get some sort of progress base.  Until next time....

• Like 1

Most Recent Challenge