The journey continues as ShadowLion decides

to keep her theme the same and her stake planted in the ground.

Shadow Lion Keeps on Shufflin'

She decides to draw again...

(And gets a very interesting result.)

wt_Fool.jpg

The Fool In the Single-Card Draw position 
A card in this position illuminates the present moment or the question at hand. 

Meaning: This first Major Arcana card is an excellent illustration of someone who is following their bliss. This card often materializes in a reading when the querent is trying something new and completely different. They may be just beginning their spiritual journey or are exploring a new magickal tradition or path. Perhaps they are taking on a brand-new job or are considering an innovative business opportunity. The Fool encourages us to dare, be more open minded, and enjoy the ride. Do not let yourself be dragged down by worries. The Fool laughingly persuades you to trust and take a chance, and not fret too much about the future—instead, just enjoy the trip and take things one day at a time.

This card is all about the proverbial leap of faith. Sure, it is possible that you might make a mistake or fall down, but hey! You can always get right back up, brush yourself off, and try again. Sometimes that is the best way to learn—by daring to do. At the end of the day, the Fool encourages you to be open to new prospects and ideas. Live on the edge; think outside of the box. Be confident and bold! There is a big, wide, magickal world out there...go explore it!

Keywords: Follow your bliss. Adventure, fresh starts, exploration, a journey. New ideas; take a chance and chase your dreams. The beginning of a spiritual quest; exploring a new magickal path or tradition. A leap of faith.

med_gallery_17054_2209_2400.jpg

(Who knew there was an X-Men Tarot?)

Cue Twilight Zone Theme Song...

I have had some big challenges the last week and a half and spent considerable time considering how to best move forward. I have asked myself some tough questions and looked at what needs to change. I've been taking all of that into meditation on a regular basis and the image I kept getting was of "The Fool" card in the Tarot. I kept dismissing it as not relevant, too simplistic, etc. I really wanted to keep doing the "Queen of Swords/Strength/Justice" thing, as that is familiar and I can do that pretty well. (Maybe too well?)

med_gallery_17054_2152_41749.gif

I decided Monday that, yes, I was going to do a challenge this time, and yes, I was going to continue my theme from last challenge, but I wasn't sure whether I was going to focus on one card for the challenge, one per week, or one per day. 

Tonight, when I finally made the time to write up my post, I decided to just draw one card for this challenge's theme. (I hadn't drawn any cards since the start of last challenge when I constructed the last one's theme.)

I focused my mind on "What do I most need to focus on this challenge?"

And quite against the odds, I drew the same card that had been popping into my meditation for days, the one I had been avoiding for days:

med_gallery_17054_2209_19026.jpg

This may be a rather interesting challenge... 

med_gallery_17054_2152_243331.jpg

I haven't fully processed the implications of what just happened - and how I should respond to it - beyond acknowledging that there are some very powerful forces at work in my life and I need to pay attention.

For now, I am reposting the same goals that I had last challenge. I expect to make changes, but am not sure yet exactly what. I have no idea how all this will fit in with the standard challenge format. I just know that I am here and I am still shufflin'!

1. Move Forward
Increase my total walking distance by 3 to 5 % each week over the course of the challenge.
Starting distance is 12.5 miles per week.

2. Find Equilibrium
Squat for of 5 mins per day, every day of the challenge.
Stand for a minimum 10 minutes of every hour I work at GP.

3. Rebuild My Strength
There are many types of strength I could choose to work on - physical, mental, emotional, social, soul (intuition, imagination), and spiritual. I am choosing soul and spirit as being the most in need of restoration I will take a minimum of 30 minutes every single day of the challenge to tend to my spiritual and soul needs through meditation, relaxation, play, creativity and/or spending time out-of-doors. 

4. CodeWarrior
Learn - Complete the Git and DevOps courses I am taking.
Practice - Participate in at least one exercise through the AZCWR (Arizona Cyber Warfare Range).

Let the intuition (and the cats!) begin...

med_gallery_17054_2152_40521.jpg

• Like 6

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

'No fool like an old fool.' Comes to mind.

You say this card has been coming to you a lot recently. Then it is time to face it and take that leap of faith, that you are being shown.

Glad you are here, dear heart.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 2

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

You say this card has been coming to you a lot recently. Then it is time to face it and take that leap of faith, that you are being shown.

Glad to see you again. Have to agree with Thom on this ^

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

What that SL is an old fool?[emoji12]

Or the other bit?

Yeah you are nicer than me, so probably the second bit.

• Like 2

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Everyone wants strong and shiny stuff like "Queen of Swords/Strength/Justice", nobody wants to be the Fool. Once again, Fate seems to have a sense of humor.

Following, of course

Ah, yes. Fate definitely has a sense of humor! As do the posts in this thread... :)

They never cease to amaze me, those odd little coincidences that occur with such frequency!

med_gallery_17054_2209_2400.jpg

Well, "old" and "fool" definitely apply, so I guess I better embrace it and get on with it, whatever "it" is! I see the sort of obvious possibilities with work and such, but I have a sneaking hunch that there are still more levels to what is going on. No proof, mind you, just a vague hunch. I suspect that time will tell...

Following, can't believe I'm the first one to think of posting this song based on your title:

That looks like a heck of a workout, not to mention that it is an ear worm of the first degree! :)

• Like 3

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

What that SL is an old fool?[emoji12]

Or the other bit?

Yeah you are nicer than me, so probably the second bit.

LOL, definitely the nicer bit I had in mind, but I think we are all "old fools" at some stage in our life ;)

Ha - hopefully we are all old fools at some point! I am betting that being "foolish" is what keeps us young in body, mind and spirit. May it ward off all the myriad calcifications of arteries and attitudes that tend to plague oldsters!

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Some good news to report - I had a great meeting with web clients today (they are loving the site) AND they will be late delivering the materials for the next phase of the project. Yay for a brief lull to catch up on other things! I will take the delay in completion (and therefore cash flow) to have a little breathing room over the next two weeks. Because...

The widget that has been log-jammed for several weeks, for a multitude of reasons mainly out of my control, hit release today. (With four related widgets that had been queued behind it all hitting the testing phase this afternoon - woohoo!) Once the first one passed all tests, it was a trivial matter to apply a patch to the other four.

We are rolling now, baby! We may make the deadline for that Vegas trade show yet - cue the Party Rock Anthem!

And let's shuffle!

giphy.gif

Is it just me, or does it seem like more than a coincidence that within 12 hours of my dropping my resistance to a clear message from the Universe, that things took such a dramatic turn for the better?

• Like 5

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Is it just me, or does it seem like more than a coincidence that within 12 hours of my dropping my resistance to a clear message from the Universe, that things took such a dramatic turn for the better?

Mmm makes you think :playful:

So glad things are working out and "took such a dramatic turn for the better"!

• Like 1

No such thing as coincidence. Just the flow of wyrd.

• Like 1

The widget that has been log-jammed for several weeks, for a multitude of reasons mainly out of my control, hit release today.

And let's shuffle!

A few little bits from your post....I was reading that major arcana in general can indicate that events are being largely dictated by forces beyond your direct control. I know this must be huge oversimplification, but sometimes dropping your resistance is indeed the best strategy.

Your last thread inspired me to get my own deck. I was deliberating for a while, but finally did it. It showed up just as I was starting to fall under the plague. It was kind of nice to have something positive to focus on. I've really been enjoying it. I've just been drawing a card a day, trying to intuit what feeling I can from it, and then reading a little about the traditional meanings. It's been pretty interesting.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Quick check in - Plague protocols in place here, too. Fever of nearly 103 this evening that is finally starting to go down, won't even get into the nastiness of the previous night. I thought I had food poisoning. Not. Just focusing on hydration and rest and getting better at the moment. Learning more about surrender...

@Xena - Glad you got a deck, and that's a great way to go about learning the cards!

@All - Thanks for the comments and support! This little shadowlion feels pretty crummy, but I think I turned the corner tonight. 

• Like 3

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

UGH. The plague is the worst. Glad to see you climbing over the other side! 

• Like 1

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Quick check in - Plague protocols in place here, too. Fever of nearly 103 this evening that is finally starting to go down, won't even get into the nastiness of the previous night. I thought I had food poisoning. Not. Just focusing on hydration and rest and getting better at the moment. Learning more about surrender...

@Xena - Glad you got a deck, and that's a great way to go about learning the cards!

@All - Thanks for the comments and support! This little shadowlion feels pretty crummy, but I think I turned the corner tonight. 

Sorry to hear your sick, but glad that you are recuperating. All the best. :love_heart:

• Like 1

gallery_17054_2209_2904.gif

I am still shuffling. I don't know where to even begin on the last week. I fell back to baseline SISU levels on Monday, once I was able to get out of bed and start functioning again. Worked from home part-time most of the week. What a mean bug! Am getting back to squatting and standing and stretching and walking more each day. Almost back to goal levels as of today.

By late week, I was able to start dealing with car stuff. Took it into the shop and got the bad news. Transmission rebuild, and it would cost more than the car is worth as a trade-in, and possibly more than I could get in a private sale. D is looking into what he can do with it to at least get it salable as a "fixer-upper." He may be able to do more than that, but we don't know yet, so we are also scouring the used car ads to see what can be done to get me some longer-term wheels. 

Been scrambling to get work projects out the door on time despite being sick, having car trouble, getting a new refrigerator to replace the old one that wasn't keeping food cold enough (not why I was sick), and dealing with an injured cat (more on that in a bit).

Worked through the weekend to be ready tomorrow morning to have the last two pieces of a major project milestone ready to test. Got a call tonight from my project manager telling me that she is being laid off and the whole project is being shut down as soon as those two pieces are done. It has been 2/3rds of my income the last five months, and was a project that was supposed to go until the end of the year. Oh boy. Piecemeal project work can really suck in that respect.

I have no idea where this ladder leads...

med_gallery_17054_2209_19026.jpg

We - my project manager and I - are still going to the big trade show this week. She was told to go and find a new job, so we have pivoted from looking to see how we can help the parent company move into the future to looking to see what we can scrounge up for work, together or separately. 

med_gallery_17054_2209_90040.jpg

One of the strays that has been coming around has an injured foot. Was going to try and capture him and take him to the vet Saturday, but it looked like he was a lot better yesterday morning. Tonight he showed up again and it is really swollen and he is limping badly. I will be trying to capture him before work tomorrow morning so D can get him to the vet and see what needs done. He's very friendly with me, so I hope I can trick him into the cat carrier with food.

Cringing at the thought of vet bills right now, but fingers crossed. The last one I thought would heal on its own didn't do so well. I was hoping to take him to the low-cost spay/neuter clinic when I got back from the show and get him fixed so he wasn't contributing to the problem of more little unwanted kittens around, but this takes precedence for the moment.

• Like 4

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir