Hey Rebels!

My name is Amber, However, I choose the name Samus because that is the amount of strength I want in my life. To not let the past dictate my future, but to help push me forward to better goals! I started reading nerd fitness in December of last year. I had just quit drinking soda (6-8 Cans of Coke a day), and was looking for the next step. An article on how to start eating vegetables (Spoiler: I had been eating exactly ZERO vegetables since grade school), a good kitchen knife, and a gradual shift to Paleo over the course of 3 months, and here I am.

I'm now about 90% paleo. I still have tamari with my stir-fry (It's just so darn tasty).

I started at 264 lbs. While transitioning to paleo, I lost 10 lbs. The NF articles helped me feel better about myself and kickstarted my Main Quest Line.

I decided it was time to take it even further so I signed up.

I did my first workout today in 6 years. I was in the army for some time. Then I got injured overseas and I was discharged. I had trouble losing weight even while in the military. My drill sergeants would tell me I could eat whatever I liked, as long as I worked out (Which was clearly wrong).

Anyway, Sorry to jabber on. I started with the Beginners Body Weight Circuit, but without someone else there to check on my form, I worry that I'm not doing certain exercises correctly.

I don't have a mirror big enough to check myself. Is there a way to feel out my body (IE: Tightness in certain body parts) if i'm doing things like the Plank position or lunges right?

My goal is to be as strong as I can possibly be. Like Batman strong. I know that may seem unattainable. But I'm willing to keep going and striving for it one small step at a time (Though, I should probably start with being able to do a pull-up or a full set of regular push-ups).

Thank you in advance and i'm looking forward to being apart of this community!

Hi Samus/Amber! Congrats on the success! A nutritional shift really worked for me, even after an injury caused me to take a break from working out for a good handful of months.

I'm sorry I can't help you assessing form, (I'm gearing up to post some video here in the correct your form thread for advise), but I'm also looking to built some super strength, we can start a super team posse! Welcome!

Hey Rebels!

My name is Amber, However, I choose the name Samus because that is the amount of strength I want in my life. To not let the past dictate my future, but to help push me forward to better goals! I started reading nerd fitness in December of last year. I had just quit drinking soda (6-8 Cans of Coke a day), and was looking for the next step. An article on how to start eating vegetables (Spoiler: I had been eating exactly ZERO vegetables since grade school), a good kitchen knife, and a gradual shift to Paleo over the course of 3 months, and here I am.

I'm now about 90% paleo. I still have tamari with my stir-fry (It's just so darn tasty).

I started at 264 lbs. While transitioning to paleo, I lost 10 lbs. The NF articles helped me feel better about myself and kickstarted my Main Quest Line.

I decided it was time to take it even further so I signed up.

I did my first workout today in 6 years. I was in the army for some time. Then I got injured overseas and I was discharged. I had trouble losing weight even while in the military. My drill sergeants would tell me I could eat whatever I liked, as long as I worked out (Which was clearly wrong).

Anyway, Sorry to jabber on. I started with the Beginners Body Weight Circuit, but without someone else there to check on my form, I worry that I'm not doing certain exercises correctly.

I don't have a mirror big enough to check myself. Is there a way to feel out my body (IE: Tightness in certain body parts) if i'm doing things like the Plank position or lunges right?

My goal is to be as strong as I can possibly be. Like Batman strong. I know that may seem unattainable. But I'm willing to keep going and striving for it one small step at a time (Though, I should probably start with being able to do a pull-up or a full set of regular push-ups).

Thank you in advance and i'm looking forward to being apart of this community!

Welcome Samus! You came to the right place! And congratulations on you progress and victories so far! Meredith seemed to already have given you some great information already so I will stay brief. My tip to you is no victory is small. All victories be it 1 pound or 100 should be treated the same. Also, 80 percent of change happens outside of your workout. I am a military member myself and can say I can workout until I puke pass out or both, but if your diet and sleep are suffering, it wont do a dang thing for you. Its a lifestyle, so make sure you treat it that way.

With that said, welcome to the community and we look forward to hearing your progress and victories!

Discantis the Bold, level 1 Celtic Warrior
                                                                                            STR 5|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 1
                                                                                     Current challenge, & 50/50 Squat Challenge of Br0din

​  My Epic Quest: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/83779

Hi Samus/Amber! Congrats on the success! A nutritional shift really worked for me, even after an injury caused me to take a break from working out for a good handful of months.

I'm sorry I can't help you assessing form, (I'm gearing up to post some video here in the correct your form thread for advise), but I'm also looking to built some super strength, we can start a super team posse! Welcome!

Totally! We'll have to come up with an awesome team name [emoji123]

And that is awesome about the videos! I'll keep my eyes open for them. Thanks for the praise, it's nice to know other people have your back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome Samus! You came to the right place! And congratulations on you progress and victories so far! Meredith seemed to already have given you some great information already so I will stay brief. My tip to you is no victory is small. All victories be it 1 pound or 100 should be treated the same. Also, 80 percent of change happens outside of your workout. I am a military member myself and can say I can workout until I puke pass out or both, but if your diet and sleep are suffering, it wont do a dang thing for you. Its a lifestyle, so make sure you treat it that way.

With that said, welcome to the community and we look forward to hearing your progress and victories!

Thanks Daflyboy84! I'm doing pretty good with paleo. After cutting out all the pasta and sugary drinks I feel better than I have in years!

I will definitely keep truckin along with nutrition. Its a lot easier to keep up with now that I have snacks during the day.

Thanks for the advice![emoji2]

Thanks Daflyboy84! I'm doing pretty good with paleo. After cutting out all the pasta and sugary drinks I feel better than I have in years!

I will definitely keep truckin along with nutrition. Its a lot easier to keep up with now that I have snacks during the day.

Thanks for the advice![emoji2]

YES I am doing the 6 small meals a day and I never feel hungry (except when I miss one lol). And you are very welcome!!

Discantis the Bold, level 1 Celtic Warrior
                                                                                            STR 5|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 1
                                                                                     Current challenge, & 50/50 Squat Challenge of Br0din

​  My Epic Quest: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/83779