Captain Badass: Taking it easy for a month

I will expand if I have an audience for this, but the reason I've been so tardy posting March's challenge is I've had to take a few days to decide that I'm not going to be doing a proper challenge this month. 

I've come to the realisation that as grumpy as a cut was making me, the amounts I had to eat to exercise was too close to maintenance and I'm finding the fact the scale and the tape measure didn't change over the course of 4 weeks really disheartening. I worked SO hard, and I felt that I wasn't seeing that hard work pay off. I haven't got the patience for a recomp, but I know how many calories I need to eat to drop weight and my long term goal has been to get down to 20% fat. I can also do a decent hour of gentle cardio without getting as hungry as weights make me, so I'm just going to have to be strong, eat less than I like to and watch the pounds drop off.

So yeah, running and Zumba.

I had this whole Sense8 theme planned and I'm GUTTED I can't put it into practise, but I guess it's AWESOMENESS will spur me on to drop the belly fat and then let the hard work commence.

See you on the other side...

• Like 2

I HATE it when bodies don't cooperate with the script we have planned.  

I want to see the Sense8 theme .... so, I'm following along and cheering.  As Raxie says ... post what  you're doing and maybe we can help!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

How many calories are you aiming for per day? What do your macros look like? Maybe you're missing something that some people around here can help out with!

It's around 1200-1300. Macros not too shabby, though I'm a strong believer in CICO when it comes to weight loss. Threads like this give me hope. Have already dropped a good 1.5lbs since the beginning of this challenge, so I'm doing OK! Think I was eating back more than I was burning and retaining water from being all swole from the lifting....

I HATE it when bodies don't cooperate with the script we have planned.  

I want to see the Sense8 theme .... so, I'm following along and cheering.  As Raxie says ... post what  you're doing and maybe we can help!!

HELLO! - this is what I'm doing: Monday, Wednesday and Friday - dancing for an hour with Daniella and Lito:

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - pilates for Sun's discipline, Kala's grace.

I wanted to do some weights with Will :(

• Like 1

Put up some numbers, we're all number geeks here (well at least i am) TDEE BMR deficit! Bring it! let's build a battle plan, together!!!

Via Scooby's calculator. If I sit on my butt all day...

BMR - 1258

TDEE - 1510

I've been eating around 1250 calories per day since 29th Feb and with some easy cardio have gone from 127.2lbs - 125.2lbs. I've been drinking a minimum of 2 litres of water per day too. On the last challenge I got bored with the HIIT routine I was on and decided to lift. My weight loss stalled, then slowly increased to my starting weight of 127lbs, stuck on that for a while and then increased very slightly at the end of the challenge. I was also horribly constipated. I still am a little bit (chronic IBS), but becoming more regular now. Lifting makes me hungry and my guess is that I just ate too much at between at approximately 1400-1600 per day. I don't think I put muscle on that quickly anyway. I want to see my progress and a cut is much faster than a recomp!

Since you're all looking at me now, I dispensed with the Zumba today and checked out Psycle London on a special deal (there's no way I could have afforded it otherwise). It's pretty much exactly like Soul Cycle, except without the 'soul' bit. Lots of standing and a surprising amount of upper body and core work. Spinning's changed since I last did it over 10 years ago... Got a freebie for Wed next week, so I'm looking forward to that.

I shouldn't be too hard on myself - I have actually been following an exercise plan (as detailed above), just not the one I wanted to do!

• Like 1

I made some great results with CICO at first, but didn't find it sustainable. I got my biggest progess by doing a 5:2 IF. It dropped my weight over a longer stretch of time, though when i started i was at about BMI : 30.

5:2 was easier for me than a deficit all day.

I think you are good to go with your 1250 kcal, a deficit of about 250. Now just be the stubborn one and hold on to it!

I like to think my path as i evolved from CICO to 5:2 and now i'm just working out, lifting checking macros, eating diversified, healthy and doing a small deficit to get to my goal of 10 - 15% BF without losing too much muscle.

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

Assgined to the following Adventuring-Parties:

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

ZUMBA!!!  So much fun.  I occasionally go to the classes at the Y.  With two left feet, I have fun and sweat alot .... but I stay in the back.  

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

I made some great results with CICO at first, but didn't find it sustainable. I got my biggest progess by doing a 5:2 IF. It dropped my weight over a longer stretch of time, though when i started i was at about BMI : 30.

5:2 was easier for me than a deficit all day.

I think you are good to go with your 1250 kcal, a deficit of about 250. Now just be the stubborn one and hold on to it!

I like to think my path as i evolved from CICO to 5:2 and now i'm just working out, lifting checking macros, eating diversified, healthy and doing a small deficit to get to my goal of 10 - 15% BF without losing too much muscle.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm technically on 16:8, as I can't stomach breakfast (unless I'm doing something very strenuous and need fuel before I workout). 

I'm aiming for 20% body fat. I seem to carry all my body fat on my stomach anyway, so I'm finding it all a bit tedious. Starting to see some abs though, and not just when I squint in the 'right kind of light' either.

You're right. I need to be stubborn. I'd rather have two tasty meals than three punishing ones. I'll live!

• Like 1

You're right. I need to be stubborn. I'd rather have two tasty meals than three punishing ones. I'll live!

Last remark is funny. Its my biggest insight on the 5:2. A complete day (36 hours) without eating wont kill you. And is actually very easy when its something you do once in a while.

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

Assgined to the following Adventuring-Parties:

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

I giggle most of the way through. Worked out with Kala today. Thought of you!

Oh, LOVE the beautiful people and the ankle warmers .... but also, I'd appreciate the verbal instructions.  Our Zumba class instructors use hand signals, and unless you've been taking Zumba with them for a while, you're lost!!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

Update:

First of all I had to scroll through this challenge thread to find my own challenge. There's no longer any record of my posts and search yields nothing either....

I'm now 124.4lbs. Yay me! Did another mad spinning class thing this week and tried to eat healthy within my low cals. Fat macro much higher in proportion to carb, but protein is spot on.

Oh, and Optimal Nutrition double chocolate and almond milk. Oh yeah....

• Like 1

Weight loss victory!

Also that double chocolate almond milkshake sounds wonderful.  I've been meaning to restock my almond milk stores, but it has been quite a while.  I'm missing out!

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

The range of flavors is enticing.  I like the EAS Lean Protein, but the selection of flavors (at least locally) is a drag.  

Congrats on the weight loss!!!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....