Short Story Competition #1: Sonder

I will have an entry for this!

I haven't had much time due to new work responsibilities and sewing stuff for my holiday but even if I have to write it on the plane (... which is actually a pretty good idea) I will have something done!

Query: We post to this thread, yes?

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

Just stumbled across this while trying to figure out the new forum themeing... Sounds like fun! :D 

Do I need to post the story itself here, or is a link to a blog post containing the story okay? Is there a minimum wordcount? (I'm a drabble writer at heart and those are 100 words exactly.)

Learning the art of Failing Upwards... (or: Moving Mountains with Teaspoons!)

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

Here's my entry-- and yeah, it's a drabble, I tried to break the habit but it's too strong! ;)

Just Like Us

He's seen them ever since he can remember, translucent flimsy echoes hovering on the edge of being real. Always chattering away in the static where silences should be... but when he tries to answer they walk through him, oblivious.

Sister used to say she saw them too,  before growing up was more important than imaginary friends. Her betrayal stings-- when it's his turn he refuses to make the same mistake.

Even if it means he'll be alone.

It's only later, when he's perfected ways to translate, transmit across the static, he finds out the truth.

They've all grown up too

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

If it makes you feel better, I wrote mine and then forgot to post it for a few days! ;)

This was a lot of fun... makes me want to go out and hunt down another challenge after Camp NaNoWriMo is over. :)