Annyshay Takes Excellent Care of Herself

annyshay

I'm going to join the challenge from now until 3/27.  Better late than never!  I've been quite busy with various adventures lately, however, I'm back.  I've been spinning my wheels in terms of my health making small tweaks to my movement, eating, and relating habits.  It's not addressing my underlying apathy. Some times, I get so sick of the "effort" and willpower it takes to make healthy choices.  I've let this slump last too long, since it turns out the "effort" is worth it.  I feel, look, work, and play better when I make consistent investments in myself - regardless of how busy I am.  Actually, my self investments are more important when my life gets crazy.  This isn't about good and bad choices (read Lara's excellent thoughts and progress with moral licensing over here)  This is about taking care of myself.  Why?

When I take excellent care of myself, I become resilient, radiant, and ready to take better care of the other people in my life.

So, I'm going to focus on stopping the spiral that's been running me into the ground:

Stress --> Sugar --> Suck --> Stress --> So on and so forth...

No more!  Behold, goals!

Stress: Continue my meditation habit (20 minutes once per day), and add at least one other session for at least 2 minutes per day.

Sugar: Whole 21 (9am 3/6 until 9am 3/27)

Suck: Focus on listening to my Father instead of on my own self judgments.

Bonus: Stuff - working on getting rid of it.  You know, with all my free time.

That's it.  Let's do this thing!

bilborunninghobbiton.jpg

• Like 4

Love as thou wilt.

Wish you the best for the following weeks!!

By the way, I don't see IS workouts scheduled, I hope we won't be missing your awesome reports?

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Wish you the best for the following weeks!!

By the way, I don't see IS workouts scheduled, I hope we won't be missing your awesome reports?

No schedule.  Schedule was making me avoid things that I like doing.  I hope to aim for 3-ish sessions per week.  So, reports will be coming.  ;)

Most excellent goals! 

w00t

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Awesome goals!

I love the song, too.  I've never heard of Yuna.  She's adorable!

You're right, you have to take care of yourself to be able to take care of others.  If you're at only 65%, you can only give 65%.

7a83fc66291bf4c3ec1a886e446b8332.jpg

• Like 3

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Hey, there you are!

Excellent goals.  Sounds like you could use a mental re-set, and that you've got a great plan to get there.  Knowing when you need one of those, and then following through with it can be hard.  I think you can nail it!

• Like 2

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Hey, there you are!

Excellent goals.  Sounds like you could use a mental re-set, and that you've got a great plan to get there.  Knowing when you need one of those, and then following through with it can be hard.  I think you can nail it!

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

Hello! :cheerful:

Of course I'll be lurking on this most excellent new thread of yours! :star:

Thanks ladies!

Love as thou wilt.

Sunday

Stress: 20 minute meditation + 10 minute meditation prior to bed

Sugar: whole21 started at 9am, feeling good

Suck: journaled on the plane ride home and then posted my thread, w00t

Monday

Stress: 20 minute meditation on the way home, have one more to do... probably before bed

Sugar: today I have a carb hangover headache, but I'm staying strong and drinking lots of water

Suck: spent some time intentionally telling my anxious self-thoughts off this morning followed by uplifting Christian music on the way to work

edbee2337dcd0043141a00333959ce9f.jpg

I think I'm going to do some yoga and get to bed early.  Silly head.  Healthy food is good for you.  Don't fight it.

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

yay, you're back! Sounds like you turned the anxious self thoughts around by listening to some Christian music

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Silly head.  Healthy food is good for you.  Don't fight it.

Why oh why do our brains fight us with this.

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

I'm finally here :) I'm pleased you're looking after yourself and squeezing out the most success you can. You're a busy lady, you deserve to look after yourself :)

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

yay, you're back! Sounds like you turned the anxious self thoughts around by listening to some Christian music

Yay, you're here!!! 

Why oh why do our brains fight us with this.

I believe you have a lovely discussion of this in your battle log.  ;)  Still.  Seriously brains, please work with us.

Hope the sugar detox is going well.  Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you!

Thanks!  Headaches have passed... although I am using fruit and nuts as a bit of a crutch still... progress.

I'm finally here :) I'm pleased you're looking after yourself and squeezing out the most success you can. You're a busy lady, you deserve to look after yourself :)

Thanks Dan.  Glad you're here!

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Tuesday

Stress: meditated twice

Sugar: whole21 compliant

Suck: working on it

Wednesday

Stress: work spilled over almost to bedtime, so I only managed once

Sugar: yup, although I'm using more fruit and nuts than I'd like long-term

Suck: much noting, re-framing, and moving forward

I have one particularly toxic boss who was asking me unreasonable questions via text after my usual work hours would be done today... it fouled up my previously joyous (I really love my job otherwise, actually) mood.  Trying to talk it out with friends, snuggle my cat, and listen to chill music.

Love as thou wilt.

Pretty common to use nuts as a food crutch. Nut butters are what get me into trouble. I find that adding even more protein into my meals helps me wean off of the nuts. But, that is just something to think about at a later date. You are doing great with the no-sugar so nut-away!

So sorry you have to contend with a jerk-face boss. Talking and cat snuggling sound like a solid coping plan. :)

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Booo at your bad boss. Hope you were able to find and enjoy some chill regardless. :(

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Pretty common to use nuts as a food crutch. Nut butters are what get me into trouble. I find that adding even more protein into my meals helps me wean off of the nuts. But, that is just something to think about at a later date. You are doing great with the no-sugar so nut-away!

So sorry you have to contend with a jerk-face boss. Talking and cat snuggling sound like a solid coping plan. :)

Nuts are really a short term plan to get me over the serious carb hangover stuff.  It seems like that's mostly out of the way now.  Time to fine tune.   :D

Booo at your bad boss. Hope you were able to find and enjoy some chill regardless. :(

I'm getting better at this, :tongue:  Stupid head.

Work whining below, enter at your own risk...

I spend a lot of time complaining about work and busyness (like so many others), but before I start another rant... I want you to know that I truly LOVE my job. I am so blessed and excited and curious and in the zone when I'm doing my work. Paperwork and incompetent administrators on the other hand, well...

BLAH :tongue:

I'm in an interesting part of my career where I could be doctoring independently, but have chosen to get more specialized training.  Many of my supervisors are amazing at collaborating, teaching, and supporting me as a young professional.  Others are jerks.  *shakes head*  A particular one has unrealistic expectations, extremely poor communication skills, and generally is bad at manipulating people into doing what he wants (only succeeds because he's the boss).  Thursday night he started pimping me via text message after usual business hours.  He is not currently my supervisor.  Text pimping is a new low in my career.  He tried the same on Friday and I ignored him, even though I was visiting his research lab for the first time.  *headdesk*  Luckily, his research lab is full of patient, helpful scientists.  I'm trying to focus on the tasks of the present and cope with his irritating behaviors.  But maaaaan does it grate on me.

Now.  Go listen to this awesome spotify playlist and imagine BB-8 playing these songs for himself as he is rolling through various battles.   ;)

https://open.spotify.com/user/official_star_wars/playlist/7HQ4bUi79x6ryrIZPYRqVQ

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

This post is brought to you by Stupid Head (see above if you aren't afraid of work whines).

StupidHead.gif

Thursday

Stress: meditated only once, but used coping strategies as discussed above

Sugar: yup, no longer in carb flu/hangover pain, so yay

Suck: much positive self talk and prayer winning

Friday

Stress: meditated on the way to work, in the midst of a stupid-head crisis, and on the way home from work = WINNING

Sugar: yup yup (really tempted to say fuck it in the morning, but thought of my signature and put on my viking hat)   :bull_head:

Suck: started the day in prayer in my book fort (like a grown up) followed by lots of noting, reframing, and generally winning my headspace battles

winning-charlie-sheen.jpg

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

And then my boss was such a jerk that I ended up trying to set boundaries (while breaking into tears of rage) and then talking with my current (sarcastic and supportive) attending also in tears.

c285b3f75a4e3b2d30f281ea4c948239.jpg

This of course made ME want to act like a stupid head.  But, I didn't.  I went for a three hour walk around the lakes listening to good music and processing my feelings.  I talked to people that support me.  And then I had delivery food and wine that I wanted after making sure that it was not just a stupid whiney craving.  I enjoyed the hell out of my dinner.  And I went to bed.

Saturday

Stress: much meditating in addition to the coping strategies above

Sugar: whole 30 compliant and then dinner which was not sugar-laden but did have the carbs and the alcohol ;)

Suck: see above

funny-memes-about-stupidity-71.jpg

• Like 6

Love as thou wilt.

Grrrrrr! I hate that someone is being an Ass-Butt to you! At the same I'm so impressed with how hard you working to hold it together. Glad you were able to enjoy a lovely meal and wine. Nothing wrong with enjoying our food.

How long will you have to be around this unpleasant person? How long does it take to focus on your specialty?

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"