• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hello again...

this is the continuation of a thread that began last challenge (Link). We talk about all things kitchen, cooking and eating. I try to cook one meal a weak and post the pictures here. You are free to set your own rules.

So lets get cooking...

During the last week of the last challenge i was sick and sleept a lot. I didn't really cook, but tried various smoothies.

These following two i like best:

* 2 Bananas, a cup full of spinache, apple juice, a lime

* 2 Bananas, almonds, a spoonful of honey, milk

More cooking sounds good, I'm in!! I'm trying to get back to eating low carb / (might even try paleo) more because I still want to loose so more kilos and that's what worked quite well for the first 30kg.

Today I started by cooking a chesse-meat-leek soup in bulk so that I can freeze it and have a low carb emergency-meal ready :) (picture will follow )

Didn't do any cooking last week... but had some nice steaks yesterday.

Cooked them with onions and garlic and deglazed with red wine.  They were are awesome. Served with bread and garlic butter und and a salad (different kinds of tomatoes, Walnuts, green leafs and feta cheese)

gallery_39656_2166_2698.jpg

gallery_39656_2166_14689.jpg

gallery_39656_2166_33395.jpg

my goal for the week are some chicken wraps...

• Like 1

Oh, by the way... my favorite smoothie.

Two Bananas, a cup full of spinache (i use frozen(slightly defrosted)), fill up with apple juice and the juice from a lime.

=> Mix everything in the blender. Makes a nice fast breakfast. the cold from the spinache is especially in summer really nice.

gallery_39656_2166_19350.jpg

Didn't do any cooking last week... but had some nice steaks yesterday.

Cooked them with onions and garlic and deglazed with red wine.  They were are awesome. Served with bread and garlic butter und and a salad (different kinds of tomatoes, Walnuts, green leafs and feta cheese)

gallery_39656_2166_2698.jpg

gallery_39656_2166_14689.jpg

gallery_39656_2166_33395.jpg

my goal for the week are some chicken wraps...

Aaaand... now I'm hungry ;)

• Like 1

I tried porridge and I liked it. And warm oatmeal in the morning seems to be good for my belly. So win win.

1 banana

A few spoons of oatmeal

200 ml milk

one spoon peanutbutter

(pp some sugar)

I mix the milk, banana and peanutbutter in a blender, before I cook the milk mixture on the stove. Than I add oatmeal until I like the texture. Be careful with the heat and stir it from time to time. It easily burns.

I guess it's not the healthiest breakfast. But it keeps me sated for several ours.

Yesterday I made a shake for todays breakfast and remembered that you should put Vitamin C in stuff containing avocado, because that'll keep it from oxidising.

Recipe:

1/2 avocado

150ml vanilla joghurt

1 spoon full of raisins

120 ml milk

1 small spoon of honey

Mash all the ingredients.

I'm cooking some goulash today to get rid of all the uneaten vegetables in the kitchen (manly paprika, onion and garlic)

Pretty lazy recipe just slicing everything up adding pork and beef (diced), roast everything ad tomato paste and beef broth and now letting it simmer for 4+ more hours. :D

And now I'm looking if I can find a low carb "spätzle" recipe to add those tomorrow...