• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I don't think the penalty should be any higher because the monkeys are still really strong. I think we have a good set of tools to help us with the bricks and setting aside time.  It is really helping me.  I think my monkey is scheming in a corner waiting for the right moment to pounce.  

BRICK REPORT 10/03

1,1 Add graphics, (icons, etc) 
2 Create more missing graphics and add them
3 Add scripting (contact form)
Workout
4 Add form validation and attempt to fix form errors

1 1 2 3 4

Aeri: 11
Monkey: 0

soso_zpsxqvuaxs5.jpg

Nice work Shello! As long as there's not monkey poop it's all good. I added your points to our overall counter. We're curshing it so far. Do you guys think the monkeys are too weak? I was wondering if there should be more penalty points with monkey poop or whether our consecutive-bricks bonus is too high... what do you think?

Tbh, I've only been productive on these tasks because of the PVP challenge. I hadn't even managed to get up early nor be active early.

I had big monkey issues before this month's challenge too. Watched a lot of Netflix the previous months.. I don't even know how many weeks straight of dark playground every possible moment, it was. And this isn't even close to when I used to game several hours every day, though I did fix that.

It was only two weeks before the Feb 29th challenge started that I found Steve's LUYL book, and got busy planning.

• Like 1

I had big monkey issues before this month's challenge too. 

...However, we could make it harder on round 2

Or, we could choose what mode to play at: Normal or King Kong

lol  :nonchalance:

Lemme come up with ideas for King Kong mode

I got ahead of schedule yesterday and got one more brick completed than I had planned..

1, Flylady Cleaning list

supper

5 minutes of NF

2, 3, 4 midterm exam grading completed!

I only had 2 time blocks of school work scheduled but I went ahead and did 1 more to finish up.  

Shello: 10

Monkey: 0 (unless that 5 minutes of NF time counts against me?)

• Like 1

BRICK REPORT 11/03

1,2 Add relevant written content to all pages

1 2

Aeri: 3

Busy morning, had to lay bricks starting in the afternoon. Also not feeling so good today, kinda weak. So I'm stopping at 2 bricks, and shall figure out a way to do a light but effective workout now.

soso_zpsxqvuaxs5.jpg

Rainy day, even though no lame bricks were placed. Feel like it wasn't so productive.

Updated points.

I don't think the penalty should be any higher because the monkeys are still really strong. I think we have a good set of tools to help us with the bricks and setting aside time.  It is really helping me.  I think my monkey is scheming in a corner waiting for the right moment to pounce.  

That's excactly how I feel with my monkey. It's just waiting for a chance to drag me back into the dark playground again ;) I'll leave it as it is, then :)

...However, we could make it harder on round 2

Or, we could choose what mode to play at: Normal or King Kong

lol  :nonchalance:

Lemme come up with ideas for King Kong mode

Haha, love that idea. I guess we can just see how it goes this challenge and adapt for next one, if we want to.

BRICK REPORT 11/03

1,2 Add relevant written content to all pages

1 2

Aeri: 3

Busy morning, had to lay bricks starting in the afternoon. Also not feeling so good today, kinda weak. So I'm stopping at 2 bricks, and shall figure out a way to do a light but effective workout now.

soso_zpsxqvuaxs5.jpg

Rainy day, even though no lame bricks were placed. Feel like it wasn't so productive.

If there's no monkey poop, it's always a good day :) Don't be too hard on yourself. I do that too, if I feel like I didn't get a lot of stuff done. How did the workout go?

Friday was a bad day. When I got home from work I didn't feeel like doing anything. So I didn't. I'm not sure yet whether this means the monkey won or whether I just didn't plan for after-work-exhaustion. I had intended to do some singing and write some mails, but I didn't even attempt to start. So 5 points for the monkey? What do you think?

• Like 1

Updated points.

That's excactly how I feel with my monkey. It's just waiting for a chance to drag me back into the dark playground again ;) I'll leave it as it is, then :)

Haha, love that idea. I guess we can just see how it goes this challenge and adapt for next one, if we want to.

If there's no monkey poop, it's always a good day :) Don't be too hard on yourself. I do that too, if I feel like I didn't get a lot of stuff done. How did the workout go?

Friday was a bad day. When I got home from work I didn't feeel like doing anything. So I didn't. I'm not sure yet whether this means the monkey won or whether I just didn't plan for after-work-exhaustion. I had intended to do some singing and write some mails, but I didn't even attempt to start. So 5 points for the monkey? What do you think?

I had the exact same Friday evening. I was leaning towards it just being a change of schedule as opposed to the monkey getting a point. It's not like I was trying to get those things done. I decided I was too tired and enjoyed a movie with the family. I vote for no monkey poop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, if nothing happens it'd be too easy for us to slack. I vote the monkey gets at least 1 or 2 points for a slack day.

Workout went well! Brtter than expected, let's see today.

- - - -

Sent from my capsule using a telepathic squirrel.

Hmm, if nothing happens it'd be too easy for us to slack. I vote the monkey gets at least 1 or 2 points for a slack day.

Workout went well! Brtter than expected, let's see today.

- - - -

Sent from my capsule using a telepathic squirrel.

That's true. I wouldn't even object to the monkey getting 5 points on slack days because it apparently convinced to not even TRY and get to the critical entrance.

Today was meh. I did some things but didn't time then and the monkey pooped around which I didn't time, either. I also did some half-assery. My workout blowed. I've tried to reconstruct what happened and came up with this:

1,2 writing applications, sending e-mails and stuff

half-assing around, not really being productive but not completely monkey poop either... I did other stuff so I wouldn't have to work on my tasks for the day, so it definitely counts as a counter reset

3, writing a summary/translation of TMM for my mom

4, MONKEY POOP

5,6 half-assing a workout

1,2,1,(5),0.5,0.5

Briniel: 5

Monkey: 5

Meh. I need to start setting my pomodor timer again, apparently, the monkey is too strong without it.

Meh. I need to start setting my pomodor timer again, apparently, the monkey is too strong without it.

Facing a monkey without tomatoes (or a sense of time passing) for some of us (myself included) is like floating in the ocean hoping to get to the opposite shore.

Scary shiz, since it's mainly drifting.

• Like 1

BRICK REPORT 10/03

0.5,1 Add graphics, (icons, etc) 
2 Create more missing graphics and add them
3 Add scripting (contact form)
Workout
4 Add form validation and attempt to fix form errors

1 1 2 3 4  --> 0.5 1 2 3 4

Aeri: 11  --> 10.5

Assigned the Lame bricks' points wrong on this one (Your post reminded me). It's supposed to be a 0.5 at the start.

Please remove .5 points from my score!

BRICK REPORT 12/03

Came back feeling like sleeping right away today, after being busy all morning with a course.

Had lunch, then was idle-ish 'till I decided to nap.

Worked out.

Meditated.

Dinner time.

Could've gotten at least 1 brick down. 

Aeri: 0

Monkey: 1 (or 2, or 5, or what you deem right)

monkeyish_zpsvnodu2o1.jpg

I got so much done this weekend but I didn't time any of it.  For once the timer would have been a distraction.  I decluttered and Konmari'd a ton of stuff this weekend and got my family motivated to help.  1 actual tomato on school work and then hours of decluttering work.  

No idea how to score this.  

If I had to guess...

Saturday

1, 2, 3, 4 KM

break, reset

1, 2, 3 KM

break, reset

1, 2 KM

Shello: 23

monkey: 0

Sunday

1 school work

then watched TV

Shello: 1

• Like 1

No idea how to score this.  

If I had to guess...

Saturday

1, 2, 3, 4 KM

break, reset

1, 2, 3 KM

break, reset

1, 2 KM

Shello: 23

monkey: 0

Sunday

1 school work

then watched TV

Shello: 1

On Saturday, if your breaks were productive you would keep on with the counter (eg. 1 2 3 workout 4 5 6) which would be Shello: 45.

If the breaks were just long breaks (more than 5min if you're doing 25min tomatoes), it'd be like this (eg. 1 2 3 break 1 2 3) so Shello: 19.

Unless you half-assed something XD then where ever you put down a lame brick it's worth 0.5 and reset the counter, but I see no lame bricks, so we're good.

And hey, unless you had plans for extra work on Sunday, I'd say you covered getting something done.

I'd say Sunday: Shello: 1, Monkey: 0

I mean, having a designated rest day is alright, as long as it's established/consistent/the-law, lol.

• Like 2

On Saturday, if your breaks were productive you would keep on with the counter (eg. 1 2 3 workout 4 5 6) which would be Shello: 45.

If the breaks were just long breaks (more than 5min if you're doing 25min tomatoes), it'd be like this (eg. 1 2 3 break 1 2 3) so Shello: 19.

Unless you half-assed something XD then where ever you put down a lame brick it's worth 0.5 and reset the counter, but I see no lame bricks, so we're good.

And hey, unless you had plans for extra work on Sunday, I'd say you covered getting something done.

I'd say Sunday: Shello: 1, Monkey: 0

I mean, having a designated rest day is alright, as long as it's established/consistent/the-law, lol.

I think most of the breaks on Saturday were longer.  One may have been a short 5 minutes as I was waiting for others to finish what they were doing to come and help make decisions about what to keep.  But there was a little Gilmore girls binge watching in there somewhere too.  :D

Since I am going by estimates I'll keep it at the current points and not inflate the bonus points too much.  It would have been interesting to keep better track but I was really on a roll.  

• Like 2

I think I might have to join you guys on weekends (and maybe during the week?), I've been wasting far too much time! :/

We'd be glad to have you :D

I'll update the points later, I just got home from work and am trying to finish of my dailies before meeting some friends. Not going to time anything today ;)

• Like 2

Started pomodoro-ing today. It was helpful, except that I keep forgetting to restart the timer after breaks! Did 5 with no monkey business, just took a break in the middle for dinner, so 1+2+3+4+5 = 15 bricks if I understand things right?

• Like 2

BRICK REPORT 14/03

1,2,3 Add relevant written content to all pages

4 Work on adding media

1 2 3 4

Aeri: 10

Now that I've been working on my career-oriented website, I've realized I'd like to turn it into something more meaningful.
The approach I'd first thought of following isn't satisfying and doesn't convey what I'd like to do for a living 
(besides being an entrepreneur).
I've also realized I need to create fresh samples of my work to really display the quality I'm looking to offer 
and achieve the sort of work combo I'd be talking about.

So, some extra bricks are due.

Started pomodoro-ing today. It was helpful, except that I keep forgetting to restart the timer after breaks! Did 5 with no monkey business, just took a break in the middle for dinner, so 1+2+3+4+5 = 15 bricks if I understand things right?

Great! Yup, and I see you read both posts that have explanations. You should be fine  :pride:

• Like 1

My pomodoro schedule called for 1 tomato of boy scout paperwork.  I worked on it during scouts to use my time better.  I got 1 done. 

1, 2, scout treasurer file updates

Shello: 3

MOnkey: 0

Awesome!  

• Like 1

Updated points (including this post)

I wasn't very productive at home the last two days because I was at work and only got back around 6pm. Didn't plan for anything, so it's all good.

Today I took a looong time to get started, but I postponed by reading and doing semi-productive stuff, so I'm not going to count it as monkey poop. I then layed 2 bricks doing darebee workouts and 3 bricks doing household chores. I had planned to do some singing practice and work hunt stuff, but the monkey interrupted, so that's (5).

Briniel: 15

It becomes apparent over and over again that I need to use the damn timer. Whenever I stop using it, shit hits the fan (or monkey poop, in this case).

• Like 2

I almost forgot to update...

I was scheduled for 1 brick of reading last night.  Instead I did 3 tomatoes of Duolingo and then 1 of reading.  No time for monkey poop. 

1,2,3 Duolingo

4 Reading

Shello: 10

• Like 1