• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I almost forgot to update...

I was scheduled for 1 brick of reading last night.  Instead I did 3 tomatoes of Duolingo and then 1 of reading.  No time for monkey poop. 

1,2,3 Duolingo

4 Reading

Shello: 10

Monkey: 0

Nice!!

Btw, I counted (5) points for days when we planned to do stuff but didn't, just so the calculations wouldn't get too confusing. I already need to really pay attention when updating so I won't miss stuff and have to go through all the posts to recalculate ;)

• Like 1

Nice!!

Btw, I counted (5) points for days when we planned to do stuff but didn't, just so the calculations wouldn't get too confusing. I already need to really pay attention when updating so I won't miss stuff and have to go through all the posts to recalculate ;)

Thanks. 

So are you saying there is a 5 point monkey penalty for not sticking to the schedule?   Just trying to make sure I understand so I can help get mine calculated right.  For yesterday though I did do what was planned and extra. :)

Thanks. 

So are you saying there is a 5 point monkey penalty for not sticking to the schedule?   Just trying to make sure I understand so I can help get mine calculated right.  For yesterday though I did do what was planned and extra. :)

I'm talking about those days when you had things planned, but then end up not doing anything because you're tired/worn out/not in the mood. If that's okay with you guys, I'm going to count this as the monkey pooping on our plans. I personally feel like no matter how tired I am, I can always get in one brick of something productive, even if I don't feel like it. (Different scenario is when you know beforehand that there won't be time, so you don't even plan any brick-laying. This would just result in a 0:0 score)

• Like 2

I'm talking about those days when you had things planned, but then end up not doing anything because you're tired/worn out/not in the mood. If that's okay with you guys, I'm going to count this as the monkey pooping on our plans. I personally feel like no matter how tired I am, I can always get in one brick of something productive, even if I don't feel like it. (Different scenario is when you know beforehand that there won't be time, so you don't even plan any brick-laying. This would just result in a 0:0 score)

OK.  Works for me.  What if you do some brick you didn't have planned in place of a brick you had planned?

BRICK REPORT 15/03

Productive money-making and related activities in the morning, that aren't part of the brick materials. 

Planned fun activities for after lunch.

Aeri: 0

Was a great day, and on top of it my birthday :D

First I got the news that I'll be able to make some recurring coins in the near future! wooohooo! 

/thinks of all the good food she'll be able to buy, and then

/thinks of the remaining home training gear she might finally be able to afford

And later I had an awesome time teaming up with a high level gate guardian.

Some wine and music at night, plus awesome people. All perfect. 

I don't remember having a bday as great as this one ever before. No way to truly convey it.

I wish you guys, anyone who reads this (really), a day as fulfilling.

BRICK REPORT 16/03

Productive summarizing & reviewing startup related stuff, money-making, learning methods stuff - morning & afternoon

Nothing was related to my C1 quest. The "could've gotten at least 1 brick down" thing gave Hanuman 5 points. 

Monkey: 5

monkeyish_zpsvnodu2o1.jpg

• Like 1

OK.  Works for me.  What if you do some brick you didn't have planned in place of a brick you had planned?

I think that's fine...

Happy birthday, aerisand!! Glad you had a great day :D

• Like 1

BRICK REPORT 17/03

1 Reevaluating the website, planning the extra bricks 
Decluttered my room 2 hrs
Lunch
Decluttered my workspace
Money making
Workout
Meeting

Aeri: 1

Added the new planned bricks to my post.

Brick Report: Thursday

1,2 Midterm grading

3 grading and house cleaning

then... Happy Playground!!  I got to spend some down time playing Sims4 and watching some TV.  Most nights this week and last I have only finished my bricks so close to bedtime that I just watch a little TV before lights out.  I actually got to watch some TV while I was awake and play on my computer.  It was glorious.  

Shello: 6

Happy Playground: Priceless

Totals for Thurs and today (Fri):

Thurs: Me 7 - Monkey 10

Today: Me 1 - Monkey SO MANY (um.. 3 hours = 6 half hours * 10 points = 60 points FRACK)

6 hours ago, maegs said:

Totals for Thurs and today (Fri):

Thurs: Me 7 - Monkey 10

Today: Me 1 - Monkey SO MANY (um.. 3 hours = 6 half hours * 10 points = 60 points FRACK)

It's 30 monkey points, since once brick of monkey poop equals (5) points.

My last update here was wednesday. oops.

So, Thursday:

I was quite productive in the morning since I had a friend coming over at 11am to teach me how to bake my own bread. I think I got 3 bricks in after my morning routine. We then played badminton, I sprained my ankle but still had some stuff left to do... it was a bit difficult motivating myself and the monkey definitely made an appearance, but I did get one more brick done.

1,2,3,(5),1

Briniel: 7

Monkey: 5

Friday was a work day and I didn't plan on doing anything afterwards (and didn't ;) ).

Today started with a nice 2 hour morning routine but then the monkey kicked in... I did a half-assed workout for 2 bricks so far and one brick got pooped on. I'll see what I'll end up with. I think I need to set specific times for when to work on bricks. I'll try to start at 8.30 every morning and lay 4 bricks, then take a break and do another productive stretch in the afternoon if there's still work to be done. Let's see how the monkey likes that :)

(Updated the counter up until my friday. Will score my saturday points later.)

• Like 1

Brick update Friday

I had no time for productivity or monkey poop.  I went right from work to the gym, and then from the gym to grocery shopping.  I didn't get home until 9:30 and then we still had to put everything away.  I was exhausted so I just went and laid down.  . . . OK, then I played Sims until the wee hours of the morning...  but it was past productivity time so I don't think it counts as monkey poop. :)

Friday

1 pomo = 1 point for me

Saturday

4 pomos - 2 hours of monkey business = 10 points for me, 20 for the monkey

Sunday

10 pomos = 55 points for me

• Like 1

BRICK REPORT 18/03

(5)(5) Monkey poop in AM (reading) 

routine stuff
(5)(5) Monkey poop (browsing)

money making

(5)(5)(5)(5)

Monkey: 20 

Oh yeah... made the mistake of not tracking, so Hanuman went loose...
Brain kind of shut down, managed to be a little productive before lunch, and a little after

No bricks planned for the weekend. Focused on restoring my HP for the last week of my challenge.

• Like 1

BRICK REPORT 21, 22

Worked only on the challenge these 2 days. So more points for Hanuman.

Tomorrow there should be some brick work. All in all, even if I stick to the challenge mostly, what I'm doing there will help improve my ways on brick laying for next round. 

Hanuman: 10

Sorry for disappearing on you guys here!

Here's my update:

Saturday, 19th: 2 bricks laid, but with monkey time in between, so

1,(5),1

Sunday, 20th: 2 bricks laid, done with everything I had to do at 12pm, so

both days I actually did more productive work than this, but these are the bricks I noted in my bujo, so I'm gonna stick with that.

Monday, 20th: 7 bricks on workout, office work, tidying up and such. Felt really producive. No bad bricks, so

Tuesday, 21st: 6 bricks on workout, job-hunt and doing some little things around the house. I did spend some time on fb and NF in between, but I've decided that this is fine for me, as long as it's productive (as in, I'm really checking on people's threads and administrating my group and such and not just trying to waste time and avoid working). I hink there was one stretch in between where I drifted into the dark playground and didn't catch myself early enough, so

1,2,3,4,(5),1,2

Total for this update:

Briniel: 46

Monkey: 10

Updated scores, including this post

• Like 1

Tues - 12 points

Wed - 12 points

Thurs - 15 points

Fri - 24 points

There was definitely at least 25 monkey points over the last 4 days!

I haven't even tracked my bricks this week and I thought did get down things done overall I wasn't that productive. Since I didn't even track I'd say the monkey got a million points.

Shello: 2?

Monkey: 1 million

Sent from Themyscira using Tapatalk

BRICK REPORT 23, 24, 25

Tracked everything, productive and planned fun in schedule. No bricks in place.

Monkey: 15

Shameful, I know. Improvements coming next challenge.

soso_zpsxqvuaxs5.jpg 

Updated score. I decided to leave out Shello's points ;)

With the challenge coming to an end - did you feel like MTU helped you? Do you want to continue next challenge? What did you like best? What would you like to change?

For me, it was a great help in the beginning, but I realized during the second half of the challenge that it's not absolutely necessary for me to do all the bricks first and count any breaks that are spent online as monkey points. I'm okay with taking times off in between and my way of scoring didn't really fit to that (and I was too lazy to figure out how else to score). I think I would like to continue next challenge, but it would be awesome to get a scoring system that's comparable. Right now I feel we're all on slightly different tracks. I know I'm motivated by competition a lot, so making scores more comparable could be something I'd benefit from. I would also be in favor of dropping the more-points-for-consecutive-bricks rule. For once, I don't see why the third brick in a row should get more points than the second or the first, for that matter, since most of the time (for me) starting is the hardest part. I liked finding fellow monkey tamers and feeling like we work on this together (though how that fits with my competitiveness, I'm not sure ;) ). I felt a bit guilty for slacking off towards the end, but I guess it's just a sign that the way I set up my taming plan didn't really fit.

• Like 2

I would ofc like to continue next challenge :D 

What I liked the most was that joining it immediately had an effect on my productivity, and there was an extra push from wanting to do well on here each day.

Though by the end of the challenge it was harder to keep doing the same, my HP went to the floor! Shame on me! Shame on my cow! (Mushu speaking) 

And at that time I felt I'd be better focusing on my main challenge as a minimum. One thing I noticed is that I only had one building to build unlike every one else, who had many different things to pick from, and I think that might have made it harder to keep at it. So lesson learned. Next time I'll choose two or more buildings to grab materials for.

What would I like to change? I hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention the scoring system, that'd be a great thing to polish. Will be thinking about it.

I've enjoyed meeting other monkey tamers too :) 

• Like 1

I really liked it, it definitely helped me to have a goal set of how much time I was going to spend on things. And I agree, the hardest part is getting started (the second hardest is remembering to actually use the timer!). It's definitely made me more productive in the evenings after work :) 

For me:

Saturday - 17 tomatoes = 153 points (holy smokes!) - I'm almost finished the project I've been working on - only a couple hours of work left!

Sunday - 2 tomatoes = 3 points

• Like 1