WingedWolf's Diary, Chapter 1

WingedWolf

The personal beginning. (Explanations next post.)

03/07/2016

Humboldt Library

Dear Diary,

I guess I've just got this fantastic image of myself at the bottom of this deep pit. But it's not just a pit - not just big holes that lead up to the sky and tell me there's a sky and surface up there. There's a whole mess of endless tunnels.

And theoretically, according to the mythos down here, there's a way out if we just walk through them. There's so many down here - most crouched in the fractures here and there with a ray of sunlight or starlight from the surface, mournfully gazing up at the world they wish they could reach, at the place they came from.

This myth is, in part, from stories that Surface Walkers told us when we were Surface Walkers ourselves. That they had been lost. But quickly, as those fallen underground learn the experience of these tunnels, it becomes evident that their tunnels were shadows cast by overhangs of rocks, or walks through bridges, or dangerous explorations into passageways from which they could easily escape when they became tired or scare.

They didn't fall down here.

And a lot of people keep pretending they know how to get up, when friends-that-were call down throught the creveces of light that reach the upper world. And a lot more hide away so no one will tell them to suck it up and come back up already. So they don't have to listen to the Surface Walkers calling us cowards for not coming up to the Surface, or over-dramatic, or weak. 

Some people wander the tunnels, holding on to their sliver of hope, telling stories of people who found the way out, or had a friend who managed to scour the ground and find a place big enough to lower a rope and the resilience and dedication to pull them out. But none of us have ever seen that. And we're all hearing another set of tales on haunting repeat in the theater of own minds - the hollow and echoing tales of people who went looking for a way out, and were never seen again. 

This was my second time down here, and the last time, I just ran and ran until the ground became less and less damp, the cracks in the ceilings more often and ever-closer.

Enough to not look where I was going and fall through some more cracks. But that's life as an explorer down here. Sometimes climbing, often falling, always looking.

Well, I want to do something different this time.

I want to make a map.

I want to mark the tiny, negligible landmarks of tunnels bending in a certain way. I want to study how the ground rises and falls, the wetness of the earth, and I want to write a map, so that when I find my way out, I can remember every curve, and know that I won't ever be lost again. And then I'm going to stick it in ever crack in the ground I can find, with - if I can find them - some goddamn flashlights attached.

I'm high enough in the tunnels right now, that if I squint, I can see the visual differences in the bends and paths and cracks and places.

So I'm no Ground Walker. But I'm throwing in my bet with the Explorers again, but this time, doing something a little bit more ridiculous.

I want to be a Cartographer.

And these are my notes along the way.

Best journeys,

- WW

To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength.â€

WingedWolf Challenges | 1st | Current

~ Library ~

"...what?"

Hey there. My name's WildWolf, and I am going through a particularly devoted period of focusing on my value of content rather than the gauge of other people's.

This is my version of my challenge, where I set goals and build my program which is a metaphorical map that I will metaphorically talk about.

Expect that I will update a ridiculous and random amount, that could possibly be just my Sunday Updates meant to summarize my progress thus far, or it could be 18-27 average posts a day narrating thoughts and rambles about my current updates.

Everyone likes to be listened to - just don't follow the thread saying I didn't warn ya'. 

YES, I'm doing a Challenge.

Why I'm a Scout

Because while there are multiple thing I find value in, there's only one that I actually do and have tracked and have become a daily part of my life, and that's "Flying" - which is my vocabulary for ambulating in a non-pressure walking-jogging-running-sprinting combo to do as I feel and when I feel without bothering to separate the distance covered while in each of these states. 

I cover distance, with my legs and feet, and I've been tracking that distance, and I've covered a little over 70 miles so far in my Mordor-ing.

My base goal is to get to 80 by the end of the challenge. Given that I think my count is currently around 74 miles (I don't have the record on me at the moment) that could with reasonable support from last month's running data be expected to be completed either today, tomorrow, the day after, or MAYBE Friday. 

There was an interesting PVP challenge last thread that had goal levels by medals. They haven't made a new one, but I'm going to utilize that rubric anyway, for now.

5 levels:

Titanium - 128 km's (80 miles)

Gold - 96 km's (60 miles)

Silver - 64 km's (40 miles)

Bronze - 32 km's (20 miles)

Copper - 19 km's (12 miles)

...for this month, of course. These next three weeks.

There are seven "goals" total, which are all inter-related health goals, and for whom the only goal this next few weeks is tracking - the tracking of sleep, water intake, food (protein), vegetables, self-sooth calm mind-clearing, distance covered in flight, and sprint practice.

If you wanted to turn this into a classic 4-goal layout, then it's

Health Goals:
  • Track running
  • Track water & food
  • Track meditation & sleep

Life Goal:

• Define vital elements of, organize construction of, and complete all organized steps to result in a presentable program for test use by the 27th.

Best of luck,

-WW

To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength.â€

~ Library ~

So I have some pretty phenomenal stuff from this morning's type-out. The segregation of spaces, cisual clarity of functions, outlines of scheduling and momentum as defined by tangible elements.

I'm still playing around with the Wizardry Academy core exercises, since mind is the element that demonstrates the least obvious physical manifestations. But I'm discovering new stuff.

Also, I'm just in a good mood.

~ Library ~

Time: 4:06 pm, on Saturday March 12th

Internal Temperature: 101.7 fahrenheit.  

So I'm not AS sick, and that's good, but still oh my god. 

I just wanna be all better so I can learn stuff and be happy. Gaaaaaaah.

Making a plan of action today, for the future stuff. For the week etc etc etc.

I never even fully uploaded my goals. Bah. 

~ Library ~

Hello WingedWolf,

I loved reading through your post and will be following your journey.

Very cool - really connect to your definition of "flying":

Because while there are multiple thing I find value in, there's only one that I actually do and have tracked and have become a daily part of my life, and that's "Flying" - which is my vocabulary for ambulating in a non-pressure walking-jogging-running-sprinting combo to do as I feel and when I feel without bothering to separate the distance covered while in each of these states.

It is indeed about being in that state of covering ground, feeling the subtleties under our feet, our bodies' movement and the kiss of the air on our skin.

I'm on something similar of a "scout" nature and maybe I should share in this section as well.

Though I picked Druid for my love of Tai Chi and Qigong and desire to reconnect with these tradition, I really hesitated with being Scout. Walking, hiking, biking are also very much part of my nature, though running not so much.

Salute to a fellow trail lover.

- Level 1 - Water-bending Elf - Aspiring Druid Adventurer -

STR 1/ DEX 3/ STA 1/ CON 1/ WIS 4/ CHA 1

Spoiler

NFA4 - EQ1 - My Character - My Nerd Thing: A Walk Around The World

Current: #3QiGong & Back to Basics; #3Mini(Assassins); #3Mini(Adventurers)

Previous 2016: PVP:Walk of Life(Mar-Apr16) - #1(Apr/Rebel) - #2(May/Druid) -

"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one." -- Doctor Who, the 11th

Salute to a fellow trail lover.

Hello Gaelle! It's wonderful to meet you, your tone is amazing, your NAME is amazing, and also HELLO WATERBENDER.

Approval, so much approval.

Okay so back to the drawing board, specifically, actually outlining my dang goals.

So I had to crazy-level round down my progress because I couldn't claim any progress that I couldn't substantially prove without room for estimation, but my current overall counts - from last session and this one - are like this:

Sleep port: 150 (end count of last challenge) + 7.75 + 7.75 + (12 + 3) = 180.5 total hours (30.5 hours progress)

Distance:  86.16 (end count) + 3.62 = 89.78 + (1 + 2 + 0.7) = 93.48 total miles (7.32 miles progress - also that's laughably inaccurate but this is the distance I can prove.)

Passion Running: 7.38 miles logged from last endcount, none added since.

Protein Points: 67

Greens Points: 14

Water Bottles: I'm on my.... 83rd? 84th? When I finish this water bottle set I'll be at 90, theoretically. But also, I've just begun what is at least my fifth cup of tea, 8 oz of water each, so that adds 2 "water bottles" into the end count. So if I end the day with only two water bottles left (I'm sitting around sick, so that doesn't sound ridiculous) then I'll finish the day at a 90 bottle count.

Presence: 5 minutes

So! Let's set goals for this challenge

Two weeks left, and I'm at:

Sleep: 180.5 hours

Meditation:  5 minutes

Distance: 93.48 miles

Passion Running: 7.38 miles

Protein Points: 67g

Greens Points: 7 cups

Water Bottles: 88 potions

Two Week Goal:

Sleep: 250 hours (69.5 hours left, 6 hrs/night average needed)

Meditation: 60 minutes (55 minutes left, 5 min/day average needed)

Distance: 100.00 miles (6.52 miles left, 0.6 miles/day average needed)

Passion Running: 8 miles (0.62 miles left, 0.06 miles/day average needed)

Protein Points: 300g (233g left, 19.5g/day average needed)

Greens Points: 10 cups (3 cups left, .25/day average needed)

Water Bottles: 100 potions (12 potions left, 1/day average needed)

- WW

~ Library ~

Two Week Goal:

Sleep: 250 hours (69.5 hours left, 6 hrs/night average needed)

Meditation: 60 minutes (55 minutes left, 5 min/day average needed)

Distance: 100.00 miles (6.52 miles left, 0.6 miles/day average needed)

Passion Running: 8 miles (0.62 miles left, 0.06 miles/day average needed)

Protein Points: 300g (233g left, 19.5g/day average needed)

Greens Points: 10 cups (3 cups left, .25/day average needed)

Water Bottles: 100 potions (12 potions left, 1/day average needed)

I am taking off the two week thing, it's totally not matching with the philosophy I want to come at this with, I'll be re-vamping an easier list shortly.

For the time being!

I've only one night counted my sleep, and I stayed up until something like one in the morning, leaving only 4 hours for confirmed sleep.

I tried being present twice, and the first time I managed for three minutes, the second two minutes.

I flew 1.16 miles on Sunday, 0.5 miles yesterday, and 1.29 miles tonight, for a total of +2.95 miles. I intend to go catch that rogue 0.05 miles by stepping outside a moment before bed, but it is late, and it might be tomorrow.

I haven't been tracking my food, like, at all. Intending to mend that tomorrow.

BUT I just cracked open my 100th healing potion (WOOT!) and feel deeply victorious despite the matter.

Excelsior!

Sleep: 184.5 hours

Meditation:  10 minutes

Distance: 96.43 miles

Passion Running: 7.38 miles

Protein Points: 67g

Greens Points: 7 cups

Water Bottles: 99 potions

~ Library ~

Still mapping. Still going. Still playing with a Kingdom Hearts parody version as a starting framework.

Sora's Nightmare starts with a choice. They put forth an option of a Shield (which boosts defense) where they call you a Guardian, then a Sword (which boosts attack) where they call you a Warrior, and then a Staff (which boosts MP) where they call you a Mystic. I'm adding a Bell (which boosts HP and regeneration).

Side development: You Train for Devotion, Study for Knowledge, and Practice for Understanding/Connection, in every skill / weapon. Your Experience is improved or increased when you use all three of these things to either

1. Craft Something Resilient (Craft, Secure)
  2. Fight With It in a Competition or Battle (Fight, Influence)
  3. Solve a Problem Calmly and Effectively (Solve, Relax)
  4. Unleash a Performance (Perform, Release)

Classic Crafting: Noveling, Video Game Design, Lego Building

Classic Fighting: Sports, Cooking Contests

Classic Solving: Diplomacy, Interior Decoration / Room Design, Survival Skills

Classic Performance: Singing, Dance, Synchronized Swimming

Of course, the Synchronized Swimmer might also Fight in a Swim Meet Competition, might Craft their own routine, might Solve a design issue where a couple missing girls make a performance look silly unless something is shifted... all still under the "weapon" that would be Swimming.

Swimming is also a Physical skill (as opposed to Intellectual or "Magical" skill). Physical "weapons" are usually expected to have significantly higher Devotion scores, followed by....

Okay, maybe screw Solve, it doesn't seem to check out.

Also, mind seems to be divided into three, not two, though the rest still seems a bit uncategorized - Magic Mind, Library Mind, and Imagination....

(Gotta post this now to save it.)

~ Library ~

Destination Compass (My "2-3 Year Goal") : Graduate with a degree that I believe in, with a Program I feel confident in, knowing what I want from the next chapter of my life.

Steps:

1. [Sora's Nightmare] Choose the "Power You Seek", learn to fight, clear the shadows, escape the world of darkness, get back home to safety. Choose my basic direction. Organize Everything. Have mind, paperwork, and house clearly organized, and ever-so-basically four-element bat caved and Power-You-Seek directed. 
  2. [Destiny Island] Build a raft to leave the safety of the island and go to new worlds. Build a house and a mindscape environment and an organizational/mental-habitual system that can take me across the ocean. Gather hydration, sleep, nutrition, and physical familiarity to support me on my journey. Confirm every habit or new plan or new response is in place, before shipping out.
  3. [Traverse Town] Weather the startling nature of new and better environments and systems, and walk forth into a landscape of habits and directions and responses that are unfamiliar. Finish the new game, set up things to fight, create the first boss battle, and defeat them. Outline the structure of the path before me.
  4. [Wonderland] Most goals are, from here, going to be pre-written (or at least pre-outlined) from earlier quests to set a structural path. The main core mentality-quest of this zone is to choose or re-affirm where I want to go, with heavy emphasis on imagination and end-in-mind 'meditation' practices.
  5. [Colosseum] Special Element / Core Element : Heavy on the augmenting of the basic fighting system, full implimentation and form given to a (still in progress always, of course) Arena game, and time really spent playing.

From there there's the jungle, which could theoretically be jumping into a jungle of things? But that can wait for later, I've got plenty to do. 

~ Library ~

March 15 to Now

Sleep: 184.5 hours + ???

Meditation: 10 minutes

Distance: 96.43 miles + 5.03 + 1.1 + 5.0 + 2.0 + 3.25 = 112.81 miles!

Passion Running: 7.38 miles+ ???

Protein Points: 67g + ???

Greens Points: 7 cups+ ???

Water Bottles: 122

~ Library ~