Ladyelmo1 is late to the party

ladyelmo1

Just joined NF and trying to take it all in.  Here's my challenge for these 4 weeks:

Diet Goals

• Give IF an honest try - I can only do a 12/12 program due to daily schedule, so that's what I'm gonna do
  • Figure out a way to add veggies to breakfast 4x/week

Fitness Goals

• Keep to workout schedule - I set up a schedule the beginning of this month and mapped out what I would do on each day.  Now I just gotta follow it!

Life Stuff Goals

• go to bed on time every night (10pm) - if I'm going to keep my workout schedule, I need to get my sleep in

And awwwwaaaaaayyyy we go! :onthego:

• Like 2

LadyElmo | Level 1

Race: Elf

Class: Ranger

STR: 5 | DEX: 0 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 0

Current Challenge | 1

My character and goals

"Nerd" is its own language.

I set up a four day schedule: weight train with Dumbbells, run on my elliptical (still too cold and dark in the mornings around here to run outside), circuit training, rest. Repeat.

I got super organized too and mapped out the days that I can't train this month due to work/family obligations and then plugged my workouts in the remaining days. It's nice to have it all set up. All I have to do is get up at the crack of dawn and check the schedule. No more dithering about what I'm gonna do at 5am!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LadyElmo | Level 1

Current Challenge | 1

My character and goals

It can be quite a overwhelming place here, if you need any help just shout!

Great move on the schedule, i think that will help you out greatly, following the KISS principle. I've had some experience with IF, not the 12/12 you do, i did the 5/2 IF for about a year with great results.

Make sure you follow your own thread (red "Follow this topic" button in the upright corner). That way you will be notified when someone posts here. I would also recommend following the pinned threads in this forum, so you will know what's going on in the rangers.

Oow and try to make friends, visit some threads from other Rangers. It adds accountability, and accountability will help you make your goals (IMHO). I would advise to visit some other first challengers. You will probably connect best with people who are also new here. A lot of the friends i have made here started this journey around the same time i did.

... a little odd in the head ...

It can be quite a overwhelming place here, if you need any help just shout!

Great move on the schedule, i think that will help you out greatly, following the KISS principle. I've had some experience with IF, not the 12/12 you do, i did the 5/2 IF for about a year with great results.

Make sure you follow your own thread (red "Follow this topic" button in the upright corner). That way you will be notified when someone posts here. I would also recommend following the pinned threads in this forum, so you will know what's going on in the rangers.

Oow and try to make friends, visit some threads from other Rangers. It adds accountability, and accountability will help you make your goals (IMHO). I would advise to visit some other first challengers. You will probably connect best with people who are also new here. A lot of the friends i have made here started this journey around the same time i did.

Thanks for all the advice!  I didn't know I had to follow my own post - thought it would do that automatically. 

*runs off in search of newbies to band up with...*

LadyElmo | Level 1

Current Challenge | 1

My character and goals

Update 1:

• Intermittent fasting is an...interesting experiment. I won't be able to do it tomorrow since I have to go in to work early, but I've hit it the rest of this week.I tried the whole "skip lunch" thing one day this weekend.  Will NOT be doing that again.  It's lucky I didn't eat one of my own young!
  • So far I've had veggies with breakfast most mornings this week. Mostly with good results, though I did discover that raw spinach in an omelet is not my favorite thing.  Will cook it next time.
  • Workout schedule - this may be the best idea I've ever had.  Check schedule, set out workout clothes and equipment before bed, and all I have to do is show up in the workout/laundry room on time in the morning.  It's like I'm a princess! (who sweats and lifts heavy-ish things)
  • Bed on time: well...I'm close most nights!
  • Like 1

LadyElmo | Level 1

Current Challenge | 1

My character and goals

Good work on the scheduling, it made a world of difference for me too.

Geek On Fire | Level 4 Half Elf Ranger

STR: 9 | DEX: 4 | STA: 9 | CON: 14 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 4

Challenges: 12, 3, 4, 5Battle log

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself"  - Seneca

"The only easy day was yesterday" - US Navy SEAL motto

Well damn. Came home tonight to a puking 4 year old. All bets are off for a while; if I'm lucky he will get over it quickly, but If not, it will go through the whole house. There are 7 of us; I will leave it up to your imagination. :-(

I learned something new this morning though: cooking the spinach did not help. :-x oh well. Broccoli is always good!

Best news today: I won a Garmin Vivofit from the Wellness program at work! Super excited! Of course this is after I worked ALL last year to earn a Fitbit zip from the same program. Looks like I will get both of them on the same day. Heh. Never fails.

LadyElmo | Level 1

Current Challenge | 1

My character and goals

Updating early because I'm so proud of me I DID SOMETHING AWESOME!!!

I was up all night with a sick kid. I had every excuse not to meet my goals. But I didn't give in. I stuck to my overnight fast even though I was starving. Cooked an omelet even though cereal would have been easier. (broccoli FTW - way better than spinach!) But I was all set to give up on today's scheduled workout (45min run, steady pace) - it's too much on so little sleep I thought. But somewhere in the back of my mind I kept thinking of my goal. I am hugely competitive by nature and I wanted to WIN!

So when sick kid fell asleep on the couch in front of the tv, I skipped the nap opportunity (!) grabbed my workout clothes and hit my elliptical. And SET MY PERSONAL RECORD!

Thinking I won't have difficulty going to bed on time tonight. :D

GO ME!

• Like 1

LadyElmo | Level 1

Current Challenge | 1

My character and goals

Forum update (and the temporary death of Tapatalk) has prevented me from posting for a while.  Here's my update:

1. 12 hour intermittent fasting: going well.  Missed a few days due to getting out of work late, but overall I've kept it up.

2. Adding veggies to breakfast: Epic win.  I've had veggies with breakfast EVERY day so far. Even when I ran out of my favorites.

3. Workout schedule: Epic win. I've missed one day all month. :D

4. Bed on time: Epic FAIL. I can't figure out how to get all my household duties done, and get even 10 minutes of me time, before 10pm. Earliest I've managed is 10:30 (except for the one day that I was exhausted and hit the hay at 9:30). This is really frustrating!

LadyElmo | Level 1

Current Challenge | 1

My character and goals

Those are all great achievements.

I know how hard it can be to fit sleep in, keep at it and see how you go in the next challenge.

"No man is more unhappy than he who never faces adversity. For he is not permitted to prove himself"  - Seneca

Final update and scoring, Challenge 1:

Diet Goals

• Give IF an honest try - I can only do a 12/12 program due to daily schedule, so that's what I'm gonna do - Final score: I kept this up, even though it was hard, Only missed a few days due to work requirements.  Score: A. Points award: STA: 5
  • Figure out a way to add veggies to breakfast 4x/week. - Final Score: totally crushed. Added veggies to all breakfast meals except one day (Saturday pancakes are a tough veggie pairing!). Score: A+. Points award: CON: 5

Fitness Goals

• Keep to workout schedule - I set up a schedule the beginning of this month and mapped out what I would do on each day.  Now I just gotta follow it! Final Score: Super.  Only missed one day! Score: A. Points award: STR: 5

Life Stuff Goals

• go to bed on time every night (10pm) - if I'm going to keep my workout schedule, I need to get my sleep in. Final score: Epic fail.  Missed on all counts except for a couple days. Score: D-. Points award: WIS: 1

Overall I'm super proud of meeting the goals that I did do, and am taking a lesson from my failure on the sleep thing.  Looking forward to the next challenge!

-Melissa

• Like 1

LadyElmo | Level 1

Current Challenge | 1

My character and goals

Missed this final update because my notifications went all screwy.

Good job! Don't sweat the days that you slip, this isn't a religion.

Onward and upward.