Rogue Ichiban's Respawn Level Up Log

Hey everyone! I decided to create a new thread for my alter ego (real name is Amanda btw) to log mostly workouts so I can keep track of my progress easier. Feedback is always welcome.

First a bit of background. I picked my alter ego's first name from a random name generator. The last name, Ichiban (literally 'number 1' in Japanese) was inspired by one of my favorite F1 drivers, Jenson Button, who uses that word frequently. My alter ego is based on the main character in the novel I'm working on, I just didn't want to use the same name for both.

Here's my origin story (thanks to the Level Up Your Life book for providing a template).

Amanda Tallman lived a humble existence as a nerdy writer and pizza maker. Like other superhero stories, our hero struggled with a general lack of confidence and discipline in her life. However, as the prophecies of old foretold, change was coming. Thanks to a serious financial wake up call, and the amazing tutelage of the ridiculously good looking, clever, and modest mentor Steve Kamb, our hero transformed creating Rogue Ichiban to protect the lives of her loved ones. Although our hero lives an ordinary life by day, at night she is an absolute badass, known for her epic writing skills, and one time even finishing a half marathon!

I just started CrossFit a couple of weeks back so most of my tracking will relate to that. Let the fun times commence!

6f080b9ff7c2ecb2360d22d4a4df8c78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:strawberry: GolfCart34 :strawberry:

Twitter | FaceBook | Instagram

*I'm not the type of person who is scared of something.  If something is going to happen it's meant to be. - Kimi Raikkonen*

*We have to remember these days.  We have to enjoy them while they last.  You should never lose the passion and the joy and always remember the days when you were just dreaming of these things happening.  For all of us it is important just to enjoy the moment and realize there is more time later on in our lives to realize what it meant. - Sebastian Vettel*

WOD 3/7/16

Push Jerk & Split Jerk

Starting weight: 30 lbs

Heavy 1: 35 lbs

AMRAP8

15 Burpees (scaled to knee push-ups and not jumping for return)

15 SDHP 75/55# (scaled to 30 lbs)

1 round plus

15 Burpees and 8 SDHP

*I'm not the type of person who is scared of something.  If something is going to happen it's meant to be. - Kimi Raikkonen*

*We have to remember these days.  We have to enjoy them while they last.  You should never lose the passion and the joy and always remember the days when you were just dreaming of these things happening.  For all of us it is important just to enjoy the moment and realize there is more time later on in our lives to realize what it meant. - Sebastian Vettel*

My plant leveled up again today. Now I'm working on a cactus with my water consumption. Hey, if it gets me to drink more water then why not? 8741d8ab378f6730bcac881f124c6863.jpg

Mikey P custom Metcon 3/9/16

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Jerks 115/75# (Rx+ 135/95#) (scaled to 15lb barbell)

KBS 53/35# (Rx+ 70/53#) (scaled to 5 lbs)

HR Push-ups (used box)

*5 Shuttle Runs After Each Round

Maxed out at 30 minutes. Did 2 jerks and 1 push-up in the last round before time was up.

Slowly making progress to improve my upper body strength.

35d3e7e8775f58dfec6a2164ab9003f2.jpg

Also leveled up my plant. Meet Prickly!

3/10 CrossFit Results

Metcon:

3 Rounds

4 Hang Squat Cleans 135/95# (sc: 95/65)

4 thrusters

75 double unders (125 single unders)

Time: 5:53

Scaled weight to 35 lbs and did single unders.

Weight lifting

Front squats

Heavy 1x3 - 55 pounds

1x8 - 50 pounds