The Big Guy, With A Big Heart, And A Big Mouth

So I've been lurking around the forums for a couple of weeks now.  I figured it's about time I introduced myself.

My name is Bob, and I'm a big guy.  I've been heavy throughout most of my life.  And while it's true that my health has yo-yo'd a bit over the past few years, I'm probably at the lowest point I've ever been; I've never been heavier as I am now.  I'm sick and tired of being this fat, and while I'm not quite sure of the best approach, I knew something has to be done.  Change comes when the pain of changing is greater than the pain of remaining the same.  

Anyway, I learned about NF nearly a year ago, but except for reading the occasional article, I didn't think too much of it.  Then good ol' Steve said he made a book.  So I bought it.  And have been reading it.  A lot of the stuff he's said makes sense.  He reminded me of myself a lot, of a man stuck in a situation he didn't want to be in, and little by little, took back control of his life.  He also reminded me a lot of the lessons I had forgotten when I was healthier, when I was 150 lbs. lighter.  So, I've taken the plunge, signed up for the academy, and have begun taking steps to turning my life around.

My biggest goal right now is weight loss.  I'm currently on the rebel's path, and I'm slowly working towards the path of an assassin.  I love bodyweight exercises, and my end goals are gaining more strength, getting back into Parkour, and learning to skate.  I want to get in motion, and stay in motion.  I want to be strong enough to handle anything that comes my way, and be a better role model for my friends and family.  I want to leave this earth knowing that I did the best I could, that I was a good man, a strong man, and die with a smile on my face.

This path I've chosen is not easy, but I know in the end, it's what I want.  I'm ready to start checking off those quests, and be the hero of my own story.

Let's f$#%ing do this.

• Like 3

Level 4

Character Sheet | Current Challenge |

| Past Challenges | #1 | #2 | #3#4 |
Educate - Entertain - Inspire

Salutations Bob!

I know exactly where you are coming, well not exactly as experiences are never the same, but I can completely relate to the being sick and tired of being 'this fat'; that was me at 310lb and going up a flight of stairs in my house, just one, winded me.  While I'm not near my goal weight, I've made a lot of progress and praises large deities in the sky it feels good, and I'll stress this; when you start this journey, don't let a bad day get you down, or a bad week even. If you get derailed, find the tracks as quickly as you can and keep going forward, for at the end of a year, or the journey, more good days than bad will be astronomical. :)

-Purple_Panda

Hey Bob...I've had those same conversations with myself as well.  I think a lot of us have.  You are not alone.

You are doing a great thing.  You are putting action to it and we all have to start somewhere.  If you keep it up, in a couple months or less you will be thinking about your achievements instead of feeling sick and tired!