My Final Fantasy of getting in shape

Alright, so per the e-mails I have been receiving I am now actively walking 10 minutes a day, have removed all creamers and sugar from my coffee (yup, only black for me now) I also quit soda consumption, and I am doing the 4 newbie yoga poses.

Oh, FYI internet peoplez, I am a celiac, and therefore can eat no wheat (gluten), figured I'd throw that out there for eating restrictions, and often bloat up like a balloon, which surprisingly enough, gives a 5 lb discrepancy to my weight while being bloated.

I found out that I am an overweight hobbit who snacks too much with the goal of becoming a SCOUT!

I got a massage last night, and my body feels great, less my back which is SUPER sore, I was in a car accident about a year ago, and it has never been the same since then. (If anyone is reading this, any recommendations on stretches for the back, working both the upper back/shoulders and lower back/tailbone as that is where the pain tends to originate).

Looking forward to receiving today's e-mail quests and continuing this adventure with you all, it's about time I started leveling up!

Ohh, final thought, I saw a post about C25K - Couch to 5K running program on here, I plan to download the app and start that program, wish me luck!

Also created my character sheet and my first Epic Quest! https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/85624

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. - Lao Tzu

C25K program: ~17% Completed

Battle Log: My Final Fantasy of getting in shape

Character Sheet: Ojara

Alright, here we go:

Diet (pick two)

• Stop soda consumption entirely.
  • Stop drinking coffee with any cream or sugar, black all the way baby!

Fitness (pick one)

• Walk every day (10 minutes).
  • I plan to participate in the C25K program - Couch to 5K in preparation for my 5K in June.

Level Up Your Life (Pick One)

• Brush teeth at least once a day - I have always had an issue with dental hygiene, my challenge is to brush and floss once a day.

Day 1 of C25K Training:

I did 30 minutes mobility exercising: 5 minute warm-up walking, 8 sets of 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of  power-walking, and then a 5 minute cool-down walk.

My legs feel like jelly, 10 minutes after completion I am still struggling for air and I couldn't be more proud of myself. I WILL DO THIS!

• Like 1

Went for a run this evening from 5:15 - 5:45 pm, and except for a couple hills I felt great, muscles are sore now but totally worth it, excited to press on, and shin splint pain was significantly less this time. Obviously wondering (I am sure they did) if the shoes made a difference.

So, week 1 was completed successfully, routine was 5 minute warm-up, 8 iterations of 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking, and 5 minute cooldown.

I started Week 2 last night which up'ed the game to 5 minute warm-up, 6 iterations of 90 seconds of running and 120 seconds of walking, and 5 minute cooldown.

REACTION: HOLY CRAP! I never would've imagined that an extra 30 seconds would have made such a difference. Now...I found at the end of day 3 of week 1 that I wasn't even feeling fatigued anymore, I wasn't even breaking a sweat, so tolerances were obviously being built (shin splints pain is also gone), I hope and presume that this is the intention of this program, to get used to running and build muscle memory and longer tolerance for longer distance, ie. making it to run a 5K.

OHH, FYI: I was at 180 lbs when I started, and I did do before pictures, but I want to keep my eye on the prize so I won't post any "before -or- after" results until after I have completed the run.