Chesterton Reloaded

And I officially have my numbers for the week start of the week! last week I weighed 392 lbs, coming just shy of hitting the 380's but this week my weigh is now 387 lbs for a total loss of 5 lbs this week!  I'm now only 12 lbs away from reaching my next short term weight loss goal and I'm met with a conundrum.  I had originally planned on not taking my next progress picture until I had hit 375 lbs.  Anyone got an opinion on how often to take pictures? Right now I'm feeling split between every 25 lbs (375, 350, 325 etc) or doing it every ten pounds (390's, 380's, 370's etc).  

Looking forward to another good week of weight loss, and today is strength day! time to increase weights/reps.

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." - G.K. Chesterton 

Yesterday was another good day and I'm still so stoked over how close I am to hitting my next short term goal.  If I lose another 5 pounds this week I will only have 7 pounds to go to get to 375! The new level of weights went well, and something felt oddly nice about having heavier weight for my dumbbell press.  Today is going to be Cardio, hopefully the rain will have haulted long enough for me to do my stuff when I wake up.  Otherwise I think I need to set up some sort of alternate cardio exercise that I can do inside if the weather doesn't permit. 

• Like 1

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." - G.K. Chesterton 

Was a good day, I am going to be ending it in a caloric deficit yet again! The only thing that was a huge bust was that I woke up too late in the day to do my cardio with the wheelbarrow, but I did manage to take a couple walks up and down my road which is better than nothing.  I'm also lucky that tonight I have to work so I will make up for the missed cardio with a night of kneeling, stooping, and lifting heavy objects for 8 hours so there is always that.  I'm so determined to get to that next weight goal that I'm going to try to lose 6 pounds this week (that's only an extra pound from last week) and then try to do it again the following week.  That means though that I can't be accidentally missing as much cardio days as I have been.

Another thought, I think next week I'm going to incorporate my kettle bell into my strength routine.  

• Like 1

Yeah the Wheelbarrow has turned out to be a pretty great tool for my cardio stuff.

After getting home from work I had decided that I was going to stay up all day so that I could get as much as possible out of my day off, and so ended up doing my strength day on no sleep and I don't think I ever want to do that again. I already find a good chunk of those exercises exhausting in the first place and having no sleep just made them miserable! Suddenly changing up my routine for the day also ended up causing me to over eat....well at least over eat in my opinion.  According to My Fitness Pal a person at my heigh and weight and activity level should be consuming 2,600 calories a day, and except for a few exceptions I have only been eating between 1,200 and 1,400 calories a day.  I ended my day with about 2,000 calories consumed, still under my calories but more than I would have preferred. (not to self, bologna sandwiches are more calorie dense than they are worth.)

I wasn't intending on missing my cardio day today but I have a half decent reason for it. My brother asked me to go hiking with him tomorrow behind the house, the whole entire thing is an incline and not as casual as one would wish.  Tomorrow is strength day as well so I will be doing both, I'm just switching which day my "off day" is and will be doing exercises on Sunday to make up for it.  Other than that it looks like I'm headed for yet another caloric deficit, but there is something about how this week is going that has got me thinking that my weight loss for the week is going to be a lot less than it has been, but that is okay so long as I keep loosing SOMETHING every week.

• Like 1

I might not do my weight lifting stuff today, I'm pretty bushed from my 2 hour hike that I went on behind my house! My muscles feel pretty sore, and oddly some of the ones in my shoulders and stuff as well! In other news I will be ending this day in a caloric deficit and boy was that a great hike.

12968000_1161401850538148_83758727326895

• Like 1

Hey guys! I guess this week is actually going a lot better than I had originally expected it to be going.  I was having a bit of an issue with feeling motivated to do my exercises, so I felt like things where being done pretty half hearted but for the last two days in a row my weight has been at 382 lbs which is already 5 lbs down from my last weeks weight of 387 lbs! Granted I don't consider these numbers to be official until Monday but I feel like if I push a wee bit harder on these last two days I could probably hit that 6 lb loss I want to get so that I can zero in on my next short term goal of 375 even quicker.  

I am having a terrible time getting myself motivated to do exercise today, so I think I will compromise and do a few key ones.  The important part is that I am moving more than usual, and I am still going to be under my calories for the day, plus I got a whole night of work ahead of me.

I'm here to say 5 lbs, no not 5 lbs lost but rather..............5 lbs until I reach my next weight loss goal because I just lost 7 lbs this week and now weigh in at 380 lbs! I cannot wait until next week! I honestly cannot see any reason for why I wont be able to make that goal for next weeks weigh in.  In fact I'm completely surprised by the 7 lbs I lost this week! This week had to be my most half hearted attempt since I started, granted I was always under calories but I skipped my last 3 days of exercise! I'm not going to complain though! 

• Like 1

Another good day, and I continue on my streak of being under calories. So far in this whole time i have only been over calories just once, and I did my strength exercises today.  I feel a lot more motivated this week and I so cannot wait to hit my goal! 

Also, I'm thinking of swapping out one cardio day each week for a hike instead.

Woot for the  weight loss. Loved how when you weren't motivated, you talked yourself into at least doing a little. That kind of consistency will take you far.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Yeah, I figure that on the days that I can't seem to muster any energy to even bother if I can at least do SOMETHING I'm still going to end up better off than if I had done nothing at all.

In other news I'm starting to feel like I'm swimming in my clothes! I already put a new hole in my belt and it lasted me about 2 weeks lol.  Looks like its time to put another hole in! 

• Like 1

I feel like today over all was a fantastic day! I would like to say I'm going to end it on that note but since I have to go to work in a couple hour I wont actually find out if it ends on the same note until about 6 A.M. tomorrow.  However I mixed up my strength training a little bit, I have been doing dumbbell shoulder presses and standard bicep curls but I decided to do a compound exercise that I saw on youtube.  You do the curl with both arms simultaneously and then push through into a shoulder press, it was wicked awesome and I felt like I got way more out of it than when they where just two separate exercises so I think I'm going to keep them.

Also, ending the day in a deficit again.

• Like 1

hmm, I just realized that I completely forgot to mention that I was complimented on my weight loss by someone yesterday which is part of the reason that I said I had a fantastic day! 

I think my weight loss this week might be pretty subpar, I'm not sure if its because I need to tweak my diet or if I'm finally hitting that point where pounds wont drop off like butter anymore.  I guess that is the one downfall to weighing myself every day because it can sometimes discourage you! but I also know that I just ate breakfast and stuff...ahh well.

aaaaaaand I'm dead! and by dead I mean drenched with sweat.  I honestly wish I was doing my cardio with as much consistency as I have with the weight training but at least I did my cardio today with the wheelbarrow.

13047745_1165650600113273_6680345160717013029675_1165650683446598_26894817603848

• Like 1

I'm feeling great today! I'm 375 today (which is my weight loss goal) however I'm not calling it official until this monday BUT I will still post those before and after pictures that I have been waiting so long for.

beforeafter440375front.png

beforeafter440375.png

My personal opinion is that while I have lost some weight from my stomach I feel that a majority of that weight has come from my shoulders and upper chest.

• Like 1

Today was a good day and I will be ending it with a caloric deficit again.  I'm not entirely sure I will be ending it at 375 or not as today I weighed in at 376 but there is still a chance for it!  There is one thing that I am absolutely hating about working third shift and that is that I have the tendency to sleep too late into the day.  I woke up too late today to be able to do the hiking I wanted to do so that I feel like was probably one of the defining moments regarding what my official weight i going to be tomorrow, man I hope its going to be 375. 

We had a taco dinner tonight and in the past this used to be a meal that would stress me out.  Not only was my portion control spot on, but since I made sure to figure out the calories last month it was very simple to keep track of what  I was putting in my body.  I do have to go to work tonight so I'm going to be moving around all night, hopefully that will help with my official numbers tomorrow.

Just popping in to say that my official starting weight for this week is now 374 lbs! I have officially met my second short term weight loss goal of 375 and am already one pound into my next short term goal of 350 lbs! These last 25 lbs that I have dropped I do not think was incredibly difficult however I have a feeling that reaching the 350 goal (which was my high school weight) will be a difficult one.  After being able to see some actual visible changes in the before and after pics I just took I cannot wait to see what a 350 lb vs 440 lb self looks like :D

• Like 1

I couple days of misused time and sleeping in have caused me to miss my last two work outs (monday and Today) but I have missed work outs before and ended up with some serious weight loss.  I just need to make sure to get back on the horse tomorrow! At least diet wise my calories have all been in check, that is one area that I never intend to let myself screw up on.

On 4/26/2016 at 4:27 PM, Chesterton said:

I couple days of misused time and sleeping in have caused me to miss my last two work outs (monday and Today) but I have missed work outs before and ended up with some serious weight loss.  I just need to make sure to get back on the horse tomorrow! At least diet wise my calories have all been in check, that is one area that I never intend to let myself screw up on.

Good job with the calories. How did Wednesday's workout go?

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 4/23/2016 at 2:01 PM, Chesterton said:

I'm feeling great today! I'm 375 today (which is my weight loss goal) however I'm not calling it official until this monday BUT I will still post those before and after pictures that I have been waiting so long for.

beforeafter440375front.png

beforeafter440375.png

My personal opinion is that while I have lost some weight from my stomach I feel that a majority of that weight has come from my shoulders and upper chest.

Congrats! Looks like a big difference, you are making awesome progress

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement Elastigirl! For whatever reason I just haven't been motivated to work out AT ALL this week! I want to say its because I work third shift and sometimes it just zaps all your energy during the week.  However I have obviously been keeping up on the diet aspect and as a result I have still lost 2 pounds so far.  I know that if I work out for at least these last three days I could maybe hit the 360's but it depends on if I can muster the energy at all.  

Yeah, it probably is the third shift. Really the most important is the food, and you're nailing that. Maybe just talk yourself into doing a 15 minute workout. Even if you are tired, you can fit that in. Sometimes, we psyche ourselves out of doing anything, because we think unless we do a huge workout it doesn't count, but short workouts are good too.

Yeah, outside of doing my job I really didn't do any working out this week.  I counted calories and there was a day or two where I didn't go overboard but I simply ate dinner and didn't worry about it, but that was only a couple times.  By the looks of it I will be ending this week with a 1-2 lb loss which for me is still better than nothing, but I have found that I'm feeling more energetic again! I feel very ready to get out there and pick up on my exercises again! maybe this involuntary week of respit was a good thing.  Another important thing however and perhaps evidence of a mindset change is that I know in the past that after only going two days neglecting exercises etc I would completely fall of the band wagon and say screw it...so its very important to me that I actually didn't do that this time.