Attention: Writers

Hi!

I hurl the odd word. Previously, I was into crime, action/adventure and 'erotica' but right now I'm editing my first scifi novella and looking for a place to live for a fantasy novelette.

Although I've made bit of cash from writing, I'm not going to say that necessarily makes me any good ;-)

• Like 1

I'm way late on this thread, BUT I'm new to the community and I've been browsing through the forum and this caught my attention!

I write novels, two fictional, two self-help ! 

I have a bunch of written scenes that cover the genre's of crime, fantasy, thriller, paranormal, etc. I enjoy writing self-help novels as well as my passion for helping others!  

How are all your novels coming in April 2016? 

• Like 1

Introduction|Character Sheet|Home Base

"Rise with the strength you fight for everyday"

"Every successful person was first a master of failure before they were a master of success"

"Intend to Attend, everyday"

I write things! I do not finish them, for the most part, but I write! I have finished three short stories in my life, and I have only published one. In a magazine created and published at my college... Uh, yeah. I like writing fantasy, both urban and medeval, and a little bit of horror. The story I published was sci-fi.

I really like drawing as well and I would LOVE to create a comic, actually, but I don't really read comics (they're expensive) so I have no idea how to go about it.

• Like 1

“Do you know where the wicked go after death?"
"They go to hell," was my ready and orthodox answer.
"And what is hell? Can you tell me that?"
"A pit full of fire."
"And should you like to fall into that pit, and to be burning there for ever?"
"No, sir."
"What must you do to avoid it?"
I deliberated a moment: my answer, when it did come was objectionable: "I must keep in good health and not die.”
Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

Nerd Fitness Character - Bronte Battle Bog

I love to write fiction. :) So much so that I teach creative writing to high school kids. I've started about ten novels, but never finished any of them (unless you count completing NaNoWriMo!) I tend to stick to fantasy, but I do try branching out once in a while.

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. - Gail Devers

Current challenge: New Game

Previous challenges: 2017 Challenges: Strategy 2Strategy 1 | 1-3 1-2 | 1-1 | Reset
2016 Challenges: 432 | 1 | .5

Ive written quite a few short stories, have started a few NaNoWriMos, and definitely enjoy the process of writing. But I've never really managed to have the dedication to sit down and write.

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Ooh, glad I found this thread! I love to read and write and am constantly working on some literary project or another. My desk is full of notebooks full of random abandoned chapters, scattered fragments of dialogue and plotlines I never quite completed before having one of those "eureka" moments and jumping onto something else. Admittedly, some do get further than others, haha... Oh, and @PhysicsObeysMe that reminds me - I did try NaNoWriMo once but didn't stick to it; maybe I ought to try that again! :D  

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge

1 minute ago, Stellakin said:

Ooh, glad I found this thread! I love to read and write and am constantly working on some literary project or another. My desk is full of notebooks full of random abandoned chapters, scattered fragments of dialogue and plotlines I never quite completed before having one of those "eureka" moments and jumping onto something else. Admittedly, some do get further than others, haha... Oh, and @PhysicsObeysMe that reminds me - I did try NaNoWriMo once but didn't stick to it; maybe I ought to try that again! :D  

I'm debating whether or not to do NaNo this year, as I am in a crucial year of my studies, but I feel like it is important to me and is just a really valuable skill to add. It just depends on my time management skills when we get to November. But I have started sketching out a vague plot line that I might write for November.

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

5 minutes ago, PhysicsObeysMe said:

I'm debating whether or not to do NaNo this year, as I am in a crucial year of my studies, but I feel like it is important to me and is just a really valuable skill to add. It just depends on my time management skills when we get to November. But I have started sketching out a vague plot line that I might write for November.

Sounds good! If you do decide to go ahead, let me know. If I give it a go too I'll be sure to check in. I think I'll try and figure it out over the next month and see where I stand by November :)  

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge

I'm a part-time paid news writer, studying science communication, occasional blogger, fiction-dabbler, and constructer of worlds and stories here in NF ... much too busy for NaNoWriMo this year, but I've always wanted to try it!

@Thrillho and other NaNoWriMo-ers, definitely check this book/website out if you haven't before - it is epic and brilliant and helpful for so many different things:

http://www.nighttimenovelist.com/ 

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

3 hours ago, Thrillho said:

Humble request: Is this too simple or off-kilter for an author platform? I'm just looking for design tips. 

http://toppersundquist.tumblr.com/

I like the colors and the type face! Is there a way to work in a subtle pattern or photo, maybe just at the edges of the header? I think you're off to a great start, it's just a bit plain still.  :-)

Neat idea to go with Tumblr!

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

13 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Neat idea to go with Tumblr!

I have a lot of friends who use Tumblr for platforms, but they're all artists and poets and the occasional short-story writer.  I just want a simple one-stop shop for my writing platform that I can LINK to other stuff.

The problem with that template is, I love it, but you can't have a title AND a picture... it's either-or.  I'm still trying to work that out.  I also want some sort of sidebar, and I'd love to make the title blocks bolder at the top.  I may enlist some technical help (my sister is a professional Web Girl, according to her business license.)

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

On 3/14/2016 at 10:14 AM, Ojara said:

Good morning,

So purely out of curiosity, how many people here are novel writers?

I am currently working on a Fantasy fiction and as part of my epic challenges, I want to finish draft 1 of my book by the end of 2016.

Me! I've finished book one and two of my trilogy. Issue I'm having now is trying to get picked up by an agent. I really want to be in major bookstores, but man, is it difficult (and saddening at times) to find one that will pick you up! :( 

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

My NF Character | Goodreads | Twitter | My Author Site

HUMAN DRUID

Level: 1 | STR 6 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 5 | WIS 13 | CHA 5

On 3/14/2016 at 10:14 AM, Ojara said:

Good morning,

So purely out of curiosity, how many people here are novel writers?

I am currently working on a Fantasy fiction and as part of my epic challenges, I want to finish draft 1 of my book by the end of 2016.

I'm about to publish the first book of my trilogy in about 5 weeks! I just released the first teaser trailer this morning, which I put in this post. Hope you like! Good luck on your writing adventures! <3

• Like 2

HUMAN DRUID

DUDE!!! That trailer is amazing and your premise sounds intriguing! Huge congratulations for all your hard work! You rock!!

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

16 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

DUDE!!! That trailer is amazing and your premise sounds intriguing! Huge congratulations for all your hard work! You rock!!

Thank you so, so much!!! It's been the best, most amazing thing I've done like, ever! :D

• Like 1

HUMAN DRUID