Using that Scroll of Resurrection.

eventhoughthat'snotofferedthroughblizzanymore

Hey everyone, how are you all doing?  I know most who post here have hit that one hiccup that makes you stop your fitness, putting you back to square one.  Or pretty close to there.  And the others are here for support. So I won't be ashamed to admit, I'm back to square 1.

I was really active in the last challenge, going for two weeks strong without any issues.  I was feeling better, getting happier, and really excited to finish it out strong.  But then, my health started to go down.

I couldn't eat normal portion sizes without feeling like dying.  Maybe not literally, but I'm being dramatic.  I had extreme stomach pains, nausea, and I felt like fainting.  And it was EVERY food.  The only thing I could consume without feeling like death was water.  I drank almost an excessive amount each day to keep the hunger down.  I'd eat maybe a combined 1000 calories per day, simply because that's all I physically could.  I stopped working out, I stopped playing video games.  I could barely dance, and I read and listened to music a lot of the time since that's all I could manage.

I went to a walk-in clinic, they couldn't tell me anything.  When I finally made a PCP appointment, they finally diagnosed it as appetite loss from depression and stress.  I was shocked.  I thought myself as a super happy person, and normally I just associated my lack of things to boredom.  But it made sense.  I had moved away from a home that had two dogs, my brother, and my parents.  I saw my significant other almost twice every week, and I taught an amazing color guard program.  When I moved to New York, I accepted an amazing new career.  My first job after graduating.  I was elated for weeks when I started.  But I guess I got used to the position after two months.  The excitement of the new job and the new apartment wasn't as big anymore.  So I went to work, went home, worked out alone, and went to bed.  Repeat for almost two months.  That, on top of constantly counting my calories and stressing about not eating that bowl of pasta that I know I wanted to... it basically added up to my current condition.

I lost 10 pounds in about 10 days.  Combined with my lack of energy, I knew I needed to change.  So I stopped caring about my weight loss challenge, and focused entirely on getting my appetite back.

I haven't gained all of those 10 pounds back.  My goal weight is still below where I am now.  I guess I have to admit I'm a little afraid to start again, simply because I don't want to end up not eating again.  But I have to try.  So I'll use this Scroll of Resurrection, and start all over.

Wish me luck.

• Like 1