My gnarly, radical introduction

I'm a 19 year old BRO-DAWG and long time lurker on nerd fitness (since about mid 2013). I've always noticed how great this community is just by reading the comments posted under Steve's blog entries, not really sure why I waited so long to finally make an account. Sharing experiences with eachother online in a such a judgement free area seems like such a perfect way to stay motivated and accountable. 

Let me tell ya a bit about my "fitness journey" so far. I've already lost a fair amount of weight, although I wasn't that heavy to begin with. I'm 5'8 and I've lost about 25-30 pounds in the past few months in spurts, I'm now at about 150. My goal is to improve my diet, be healthier, more athletic, stronger, and just overall more radical and EXTREME.

So far I've been doing push-ups, sit-ups and curls 2-3 times a week for the past month. I know it's very basic, but it's a good way for me to get some exercise without having to sign up for a gym membership. I also walk my dog, or just go for long 1-2 hour walks by myself. I live in the north area of Toronto, lots of great nature trails here. I also try to eat lots of vegetables and eat less in general. My weakness is pizza and chips.

I'm going to try and get into distance running again. Over the summer and before, I would go for 5-10k jogs depending on my mood, but I lost motivation and stopped in august. I also may buy some weights off craigslist or something, that would be the next step.

There are a lot of active things I like doing, which I don't do often enough. Badminton, parkour in those indoor parkour gyms, and archery tag, which is like shooting eachother with marshmallow-tipped arrows (it's radical).

Some vidya-games I like playing are Old School Runescape (an RPG  :nevreness: ), Star Wars Battlefront 2, or any Mario or Nintendo game I can get my paws on.

TV Series: Avatar the Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Arrow, The Clone Wars, Ray Donovan, ect.

I'm hoping that posting here regularly will help keep me hungry for more progress. You all seem like positive and encouraging people and I look forward to sharing my progress with all of you. I hope I can maybe help motivate some of you too  :nevreness:

Tell me a bit about YOURSELVES now! Pleased to meet you!  :mushroom:

people still play runescape? :D that's new to me.

i honestly like the parts "overall more radical and EXTREME." those words light me up. here are some good workouts available starting from bodyweight exercises to powerlifting or bodybuilding programs. and of course you can steal someone elses program from their logs ;) i hope to hear more of your ascension in times to come.

people still play runescape? :D that's new to me.

i honestly like the parts "overall more radical and EXTREME." those words light me up. here are some good workouts available starting from bodyweight exercises to powerlifting or bodybuilding programs. and of course you can steal someone elses program from their logs ;) i hope to hear more of your ascension in times to come.

Thanks for the tips DUDE, I look forward to spending lots more time here hopefully  :nevreness:

I think we could ALL do with some more EXTREMENESS in our lives. Who doesn't wanna be radical, amiright? I'll definitely be sure to check around this site for some new workouts to try. Sounds totally outrageous. Thanks again  :nevreness:

P.S. -YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT PEOPLE STILL PLAY RUNESCAPE

P.S.S. - LEAVE THE X-MEN ALONE!

• Like 1

Ha!  Sam, I was once a Runescaper like you... :D

That was a great game.  I spent most of a great, long summer in high school playing that.  Actually, that was the main game I was referring to in my intro post: after many moons of killing minotaurs in a dungeon just to be a great Ranger, I realized that I could try being a Ranger in real life. :)

If I were to go back and play a game again, it'd probably be Runescape.

• Like 1

Anyone not willing to risk being left behind?

On 19/03/2016 at 6:06 PM, Robyn Ainsley said:

Ha!  Sam, I was once a Runescaper like you... :D

That was a great game.  I spent most of a great, long summer in high school playing that.  Actually, that was the main game I was referring to in my intro post: after many moons of killing minotaurs in a dungeon just to be a great Ranger, I realized that I could try being a Ranger in real life. :)

If I were to go back and play a game again, it'd probably be Runescape.

Hell yes, you have great taste in games (I am afk playing as I write this)!

You should TOTES try that archery tag game I mentioned in my OP, if you happen to have one somewhat near where you live. Bring a couple friends, it's RADICAL (I wasn't exaggerating)  :apple:

On 3/30/2016 at 10:23 PM, Super Sam said:

Hell yes, you have great taste in games (I am afk playing as I write this)!

You should TOTES try that archery tag game I mentioned in my OP, if you happen to have one somewhat near where you live. Bring a couple friends, it's RADICAL (I wasn't exaggerating)  :apple:

Yes!  Just found out about this recently and hope to try it out soon. :D

• Like 1

Anyone not willing to risk being left behind?