my lines?

Yes yes yes. This ^

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

It seems all previously auto-embedded Youtube videos are now just links.  It's killing my 80s music theme. ;)

I can't replicate this one - what browser/OS are you using?

2 hours ago, TurtIe said:

4850888.jpg

I got rid of these! :)

2 hours ago, maegs said:

apostrophes in some places are showing up asʉ۪, but only sometimes, I think

56ecb624be760_ScreenShot2016-03-18at10.1

Yeah, unfortunately we had to do a database conversion and that might happen in a few places :(

• Like 1
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Where are our friends, old threads, and signatures? D: Maybe I just haven't found that all yet but I have been (running around screaming) clicking on everything and so far no luck. 

Edit: found old content but still no signatures or friends.

Doll | Gargoyle | Ranger | lvl 7th
STR 17, STA 8, CON 14, DEX 2, CHA 7, WIS 4
1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | Current | B L

Main Storyline: Drop 55lbs 06/55lbs

10.9%
4.4%
Spoiler
2 hours ago, maegs said:

Images from gallery/albums not showing up:

They're still there, but something weird is going on with the URL. It's adding an extra "rebellion.nerdfitness.com" to the image URL. If you right click and choose "open image in new tab", the url will be like this:

56ecb915a573d_ScreenShot2016-03-18at10.2

Take out the first "rebellion.nerdfitness.com" and the image shows up

(last post for tonight, promise!)

this is fixed

• Like 2
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
14 minutes ago, IamDoll said:

Where are our friends, old threads, and signatures? D: Maybe I just haven't found that all yet but I have been (running around screaming) clicking on everything and so far no luck. 

Signatures are all there and showing - yours included. What threads are you missing? everything is still here and i've checked forums in incognito (so a non admin account) and I don't see any areas missing.

the friends functionality is now the followers functionality - unfortunately it did not convert them :(

19 minutes ago, tourennatrix said:

shift+enter
does this nicely!

38 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Yes yes yes. This ^

54 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

How do I...

single-space

my lines?

regular enter should now single space for you, not paragraph break.

• Like 2

Well it sure doesn't play nice with my phone browser.  the cursor keeps skipping whenever i try to type in a reply.  the old forum had a "full computer version" button at the bottom but this setup does not seem to.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

9 minutes ago, Raincloak said:

Well it sure doesn't play nice with my phone browser.  the cursor keeps skipping whenever i try to type in a reply.  the old forum had a "full computer version" button at the bottom but this setup does not seem to.

I'll look into this over the weekend!

39 minutes ago, IamDoll said:

Edit: found old content but still no signatures or friends.

If you're trying to edit your signature it's Account > Account settings. On desktop Signature's on the right side, on mobile you have to hit the arrow by Overview to bring up the menu. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

There's no way to see new PMs differentiated from old ones and it looks like from the conversation that there are lost messages as well.  The signature code doesn't work right (my sig should have a satyr with horns but you can see those aren't horns). Also, the posting of a picture in a sig does not work, either.

I don't see my profile description anywhere.

There's also no real color distinction between messages.

So.. Is the little drop down button to preview new content on threads I follow gone?  And the button to automatically jump to the first unread post in a thread as you open it?  I use these ALL the TIME.  

• Like 5

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

3 hours ago, LadyShello said:

So.. Is the little drop down button to preview new content on threads I follow gone?  And the button to automatically jump to the first unread post in a thread as you open it?  I use these ALL the TIME.  

Me too! 

The "unread content" buttom now displays every unread content, not the one in that thread... So now everything on my following content appears as read :(

Anyway, I guess things will settle in a few days :)

• Like 1

When I let go of what I am,

I become what I might be.

I'm really struggling to stay positive about this. I'm sure there's a lot going on behind the scenes that I'm not aware of, it's just that right now I can't see the benefits, just things that don't work the way I need them to. I second/third the statement about the button that jumps to the first unread post, that was invaluable and seems to be gone. I also can't see post numbers anymore. And I really miss the undo/redo buttons when commenting on something.

The biggest issue for me is that I can't catch up with content I follow like I used to. The Activity Streams show each post in a topic seperately, which is really annoying since I have to search through them to find the topics I haven't looked at yet. Before that, every topic I followed had it's own line and I could see at a glance whether there were new comments and could jump right to them via that little button. I've tried changing the settings on the Activity Stream but it just frustrates me. It doesn't show all the posts I follow and when I tell it to show me all followed posts with unread content, it claims there aren't any, which just isn't true.

The only way to get what I want is via the Manage Followed Content page, but that doesn't show me whether there's new content. It still works better than the Activity Streams thing.

I'm really sorry about the negativity, but from my end it feels like you changed a running system. And broke it.

I feel like it would really help to get an idea of why the changes were necessary - which many of the issues we've all been having are fixed now? What cool new features await us with the update?

• Like 12

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

8 hours ago, maegs said:

apostrophes in some places are showing up asʉ۪, but only sometimes, I think

56ecb624be760_ScreenShot2016-03-18at10.1

Yep, something to do with character/language setting. I've got a portuguese quote in my sig and the a-with-a-tilde and the e-with-an-acute-accent both now show as a big mess.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

On a more mundane note, it would be good if we could find a way of distinguishing more easily between standard text and quoted text - say by putting a light background colour on the quoted text or a box around it rather than just indenting it slightly. That would also break up the intense blinding whiteness a little. 

• Like 4

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

7 hours ago, spezzy said:

Yeah, unfortunately we had to do a database conversion and that might happen in a few places :(

2 hours ago, Jaymul said:

Okay so it seems that new spoiler tags work - old ones don't!

I'm wondering if directly posting video urls will work for embedding them...

Currently in Chrome, previously embedded videos are showing as urls. It's possible to edit the post and fiddle around with copy/pasting the link until it decides to embed, but it's picky and takes a few tries. The way I've found is to make it a clickable link, save the post, edit again, cut/paste the link and use the remove formatting option that pops up. 

2 hours ago, Briniel said:

The biggest issue for me is that I can't catch up with content I follow like I used to. The Activity Streams show each post in a topic seperately, which is really annoying since I have to search through them to find the topics I haven't looked at yet. Before that, every topic I followed had it's own line and I could see at a glance whether there were new comments and could jump right to them via that little button. I've tried changing the settings on the Activity Stream but it just frustrates me. It doesn't show all the posts I follow and when I tell it to show me all followed posts with unread content, it claims there aren't any, which just isn't true.

The only way to get what I want is via the Manage Followed Content page, but that doesn't show me whether there's new content. It still works better than the Activity Streams thing.

I used to do the same thing, and I think I've figured  out a custom activity stream that replicates the old "content I follow" page. It doesn't show all of the things I follow right now, but it's updating as people update their topics. Here are the settings

large.56ed4ae429331_ScreenShot2016-03-19

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, maegs said:

I used to do the same thing, and I think I've figured  out a custom activity stream that replicates the old "content I follow" page. It doesn't show all of the things I follow right now, but it's updating as people update their topics. Here are the settings

large.56ed4ae429331_ScreenShot2016-03-19

thanks, I'll try that one then...

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

8 hours ago, spezzy said:

I use Safari. I went through my thread and edited and re-embedded them. it seems to be working for new or edited content. Videos added/embedded by URL prior to the switch are now just links.  It's an issue that will probably just go away since it is working on new content.  

Rangering since Sept 2015

• spezzy locked this topic